Bart and Lisa fear that they might have killed Martin while Marge thinks Homer is cheating — on his diet.
- The B Grade: Lisa believes telling the truth would be worse that one million "A minuses".
- Brain Bleach: Homer "making out" with the food he stuck while in a motel shower.Host: I can't believe I'm saying this, but turn the camera off.
- Made of Iron: Musing about the details of Martin's death, Nelson commented things didn't add. Hearing that, Jimbo, Kearney and Dolph wanted to beat him up for wanting to add. However, he's so tougher than their other victims he not only didn't show any pain but also didn't show any sign he was aware of people hitting him.
- Mood Whiplash: going from a cop talking about a child's death to a children's cartoon
- Not Quite Dead: Martin survived.
- Plagiarism in Fiction:Bart: I didn't know there was a national park here.
Lisa: You wrote a report on it last week.
Bart: The internet wrote it. I just handed it in.
- Smarter Than You Look: Nelson spends half of the episode trying to get Lisa and Bart to confess that they were involved in Martin's disappearance, complete with him inspecting the scene of the "crime" and playing off their paranoia (or at least Lisa's paranoia).
- Take That!: Danielle Steel
- Your Cheating Heart: The show "Sneakers" is made to show an unfaithful spouse/significant other cheating in some way. Marge's plot involves hiring this team to prove that he's cheating on his bell pepper diet and they do it in a way that makes him look like another cheater.