Recap: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 S 4 E 15 Scion Of The Shredder
With Leonardo gone, the Turtles and Splinter ended up getting into a fight with Karai, who has become the new Shredder and bent on killing them for putting the Shredder in exile on the icy asteroid since "Exodus Part 2".
This episode provides examples of
- All Your Base Are Belong to Us/ Watching Troy Burn: Karai and the Foot completely destroy the Turtle's Lair, and there's nothing they can do to stop them
- Avenging the Villain: Karai's motivation for attacking the Turtles
- The Bad Guy Wins: At the end of the episode it looks like Karai's succeeded in killing most of the Turtles and Master Splinter
- Downer Ending: The Turtles (except Leo) and Splinter are presumed dead by Karai's hands.
- Dragon Ascendant: Karai reveals she has taken on the mantle of the Shredder
- Evil Laugh: Karai has on when she believes she is winning and finally getting rid of the Turtles for good
- Fall of the House of Cards: Occurs to Mikey early in the episode
- Let's Split Up, Gang: When the Turtles are getting overwhelmed by Karai's forces, and Master Splinter is injured, they decide to split up to maximize their chances of getting away
- Offhand Backhand: Splinter takes out a Foot Ninja behind him with his cane without even looking
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Karai.
- Took a Level in Badass: The Turtles remark that the Foot are much tougher now under Karai's leadership
- Trash the Set: Karai orders the Foot to "tear this filthy place [the Lair] apart". They do.
- Wham Episode: The Turtles' Lair is destroyed, and the group is scattered to the winds, having lost many sentimental items such as Yoshi's orb, Mikey's Battle Nexus trophy, and most of the Turtles' vehicles - all thanks to Karai's ascension to become the new Shredder.