Recap: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 S 4 E 14 The Ancient One
Master Splinter sends Leonardo to Japan to train with The Ancient One. Along the way Leo encounters many challenges, and a strange old man...First appearance of the The Ancient One
This episode provides examples of:
- Actually, I Am Him: The plot of this episode.
- Gass Hole: Leonardo's traveling companion, in this episode at least
- My God, What Have I Done?: Leonardo has an example of this when he loses control and injures Master Splinter. Although he doesn't actually say the line, the look on his face after it happens and his subsequent remorse show he was clearly shocked, and deeply regretted his actions.
- Scenery Porn/ Magical Land: The Hidden Land, whose background features an art shift, to boot.
- Sheathe Your Sword
- Trickster Mentor: The Ancient One, initially
- What the Hell, Hero?: Raph calls Leo out for injuring Master Splinter when Leo loses control in a fit of rage.Raphael: Leo, what the shell is your problem?!
- You Did Everything You Could: The key realization that shakes Leo from his season long funk.
- Armor-Piercing Question: "If you did everything you could, then why are you still torturing yourself?"