Recap: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 S 3 E 26 Exodus Part 2
The Turtles, alongside Splinter, made their way to the Shredder's spaceship to finish the final battle between them once and for all.
This episode provides examples of
- Adult Fear: The Turtles and Splinter nearly lose their lives to Shredder.
- The Bad Guy Wins: An interesting case. The Turtles and Splinter are beaten pretty badly. Their only option is to blow up Shredder's Starship and everyone on board including themselves. At the last second, the Utroms arrive and save everyone with the Utrom Shredder being exiled on an icy asteroid never to be seen or heard again until Turtles Forever.
- Bittersweet Ending: The turtles and Splinter are beaten rather badly and perform a Heroic Sacrifice, but they're saved at the last second and the Utroms sentence the Utrom Shredder to exile on an icy asteroid where he remains for the rest of the series until Turtles Forever.
- Deus ex Machina: The Turtles have no choice but to blow up the Shredder's ship and go with it...and just as the explosion is starting, the Utrom's appear and save everyone. Notably, the heroes, especially Leonardo, is aware of how close they came to dying and how contrived their salvation is.
- Final Battle
- Heroic Sacrifice: The Turtles and Master Splinter fully intend to blow up the Shredder's starship, even though they're on it and have no way out...
- Human Popsicle: Ch'rell, the Utrom Shredder, was banished to the ice asteroid belt of Mor Gal Tal after being found guilty by the Utrom council.
- Narrator: Shredder's final time.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: The Shredder, and Karai, inflict this on the Turtles and Master Splinter on board the starship.
- Shout-Out: Baxter Stockman's automated response he's programmed into the Shredder's computer system is a clear nod to Jurassic Park.
- Taking You with Me: The Turtles and Master Splinter attempt to destroy the Shredder's starship, while they're still on it. They reason it is the only way to stop the Shredder from causing untold destruction in the galaxy. They would have succeeded, too, if it wasn't for the timely intervention of the Utroms.
- Wham Episode: The Utrom Shredder is finally defeated and banished to the far reaches of space. Leonardo is left with lasting emotional wounds; Stockman leaves the Foot to join Bishop; and Karai is left to take over the Foot.