Recap: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 S 4 E 13 Samurai Tourist
Usagi and Gennosuke have come to the Turtles' world to spend some time with their friends and experience their city. But when Gen gets a little too comfortable in New York the Turtles and Usagi are forced to go out in daylight, where they're attacked by an assassin from Usagi's world.
This episode provides examples of
- Continuity Nod: Lord Hebi makes a brief appearance in Kojima's scroll, ordering the assassination of Usagi, Gen and Leo. This is a nod to the season 3 episode "The Real World Part 1" where Leo goes to Usagi's world and battles Hebi with Usagi and Gen
- Deconstruction: A minor one occurs when Mikey—yes, Mikey—pulls off an accurate analysis as to why Leo takes the burden on being the leader: so that he lets his brothers be themselves.Mikey: I think you all [Donatello, Raphael and Casey] should just lay off the poor guy [Leonardo]. I mean, it can't be fun always being the responsible one. And we're the ones who really benefit: Raph's free not to think cause Leo does all the thinking for him, Don's free to dream, and I'm free to take it easy all because Leo's busy being responsible enough for all of us.
- Mythology Gag/ Continuity Cameo: Gen, an anthro rhino, is impressed by a New Yorker's outfit and gets his own set. He ends up looking like Rocksteady. In addition, Kojima the assassin is a boar, a possible nod to Bebop.
- Narrator: Usagi's first time
- Race Lift: A (possibly unintentional) in-universe example can be found here when Michelangelo shows Gen a comic book issue about the Silver Sentry, and on the cover, Silver Sentry appears white, though the actual Silver Sentry we see in the series is black.
- Sssssnaketalk: Hebi speaks this way in Kojima's scroll.
- Temporary Blindness: Leo is temporarily blinded when Kojima throws powder in his eyes.