When a depressed Quark decides to visit home, he discovers his mother is in love. In love with Grand Nagus Zek.
- Deadpan Snarker: During his effort to drive a wedge between Zek and Ishka, Quark points a disruptor to his head. Ishka calmly tells him the power cells are dry.
- Foreshadowing: Zek and Ishka recount the story of how they met while he was losing the Global Tongo Championship. This is the first hint that he's starting to go senile.
- Not So Above It All: After Ishka gives him his old Marauder Mo action figures from storage, Quark immediately begins playing with them like a little kid.
- Offscreen Moment of Awesome: Quark helping coach Zek through the meeting with the FCA liquidators, apparently leaving Brunt dumbstrucked.
- Oh, Crap!: Quark, when he realize that Zek is not the financial genius he once was.
- Running Gag: People keep turning up in Quark's closet.
- Screw the Rules, I'm Doing What's Right!: Rom decided to forego the Ferengi contract of marriage due for his love for Leeta.
- The Starscream: Brunt is willing to send the Ferengi economy into free-fall so he can seize the position of Nagus.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: This happens when Dax and Chief comment that Rom is least like a Ferengi they meet.
- The Woman Behind The Man: With Zek going senile, it's Quark's mom who's been keeping the Ferengi economy from imploding. One day without her causes a drop of 199 points.