Recap: Star Trek Deep Space Nine S 04 E 25 Body Parts
After a misdiagnosis of a fatal disease, FCA Liquidator Brunt comes calling for Quark's still very alive body. Elsewhere, an accident on an away mission forces Bashir to transfer Keiko's unborn baby into Kira.
- All Just a Dream: Quark's time in the Divine Treasury.
- And You Were There: In his dream, Quark notes that Dream!Gint looks like an older version of Rom.
- The Bad Guy Wins: Quark breaks his contract to save his skin, meaning Brunt gets to confiscate all of his possessions. However, Brunt didn't count on Quark having friends so generous that they would help him rebuild his life completely, and be free of F.C.A. influence.
- Blatant Lies: Everyone has one for giving stuff to Quark to help him restart his bar—Bashir has brandy that he can't drink, Sisko has furniture that needs to be stored there, etc.
- Digging Yourself Deeper: Quark tries to appeal to Brunt by saying he'll take away his employees' vacation time. Brunt is then aghast that he gave his employees vacations. He's also horrified that Quark sold food and medicine to Bajoran refugees at just above cost!
- First Name Basis: Kira encourages this with Miles and Keiko, since she's having their baby.
- Honorary Uncle: Well, Aunt. Aunt Nerys to be specific.
- I Need a Freaking Drink: Quark, when he sees that despite losing everything to Brunt, The Power of Friendship has come to his rescue.
- In the script (but not the finished episode), Sisko, Bashir, and O'Brien need a drink to help them start dealing with the Kira/Keiko pregnancy situation.
- Power of Friendship: Quark learns what he truly has in assets when the entire crew of DS9 donates all he needs to restart his bar after Brunt ruins him.
- Real Life Writes the Plot: Kira serves as a surrogate mother because Nana Visitor had become pregnant with her child with castmate Alexander Siddig.
- Sadistic Choice: Quark is boned from the start. Either he breaks his contract and lives, or dies so Brunt can claim the remains he paid for. He chooses life.
- Screw the Rules, I Make Them!: Dream!Gint convinces Quark to break the contract by saying that the Rules of Acquisition were merely suggestions, but of course, no one would buy a book entitled "Suggestions of Acquisition."
- Skewed Priorities: When Bashir tells Quark that he's not going to die of Dorek's Syndrome, this dialogue ensues:Quark: Do you know what this means, Rom?
Rom: It means you're gonna live!
Quark: It means I get to sue Dr. Orpax for malpractice! And I'm gonna live.
- That Came Out Wrong: When Rom convinces Quark to have his soon-to-be desiccated corpse auctioned on Ferengi eBay:Rom: When you see how much your body is worth, you're gonna wish you'd died years ago!
(Quark gives Rom a Death Glare)
Rom: Or something like that.