Odo is falling apart. A sickness no one on the station can identify or fix. Which means there's only one solution: Head for the new Changeling homeworld and get them to fix him. But the Changelings have other ideas in store for him...
- "How Many?" "All Of Them": Garak asks the Founder about survivors from the Cardassian attack on her homeworld:
Founder: There were no Cardassian survivors.
Garak: You mean they're all dead?
Founder: They're dead. You're dead. Cardassia is dead. Your people were doomed the moment they attacked us. I believe that answers your question.
Garak: [with his scariest smile] It was a pleasure meeting you.
- Morning Sickness: The Bajoran variation involves sneezing, as Kira repeatedly demonstrates.
- Shape Shifter Mode Lock: Odo's punishment.
- Sistine Steal: Odo and the female Founder have a pose evoking this when he is Brought Down to Normal.
- Wham Episode: First the female Founder tells Garak that Cardassia was dead from the moment the Obsidian Order decided to attack the Dominion. Then Odo is punished by the other Changelings by taking aways his shapeshifting and making him permanently human. And if that wasn't dramatic enough, we then find out Gowron is about to wage war with the Federation, and the episode ends with the revelation that Gowron is a Changeling in disguise.
- Wham Line: "Gowron, leader of the Klingon Empire, is a Changeling."