Rom and Quark are called back to the homeworld to deal with an unusual problem. Their mother has committed the grievous crime of earning profit.Meanwhile, the whole station is abuzz about Sisko meeting freighter captain Kassidy Yates.
- Call-Back: A couple TOS references when Kassidy mentions her brother plays baseball for the Pike City Pioneers on Cestus III.
- Comically Small Bribe: Quark has to pay Brunt a slip of latinum just to find out what the hell his visit is about.
- Got Me Doing It: After Rom calls Ishka "Moogie" a few times, Quark says it before correcting himself.
- Grew a Spine: Rom is unusually assertive for once. Calling out his late father for being an incompetent fool, and openly defying Quark.
- Intimidating Revenue Service: If you thought the real IRS was bad, just wait until you meet the hyper-capitalist Ferengi society's equivalent.
- Like Father, Like Son: Turns out Rom is this. Quark actually gets his business acumen from his mother.
- Oh, Crap!: Quark and Rom become terrified the moment Brunt introduces himself as being from the FCA.
- Open Secret: Word spreads fast on a space station. Hence everyone knowing about Kassidy before Sisko even meets her.
- Tranquil Fury: Quark, when he figures out just how to solve the problem with his mother.Rom: Brother? ...is everything alright?
Quark: (looking oddly tranquil) Mh-hmm.
Rom: I'm so proud of you, Quark! I mean, other people in this situation might overreact and lose their temper, make a bad situation worse...but not my brother! You're too smart for that! You're gonna sit there and study the problem, and then come up with a clear, simple solution!
Quark: (smiles at Rom) I already have.
Rom: Oooh, you see?! I told you! What is it?
Quark: I'm going to kill her.