Film watched: Gamera Vs Guiron
This is one of the nine Sandy Frank Japanese films originally used for a KTMA episode that was riffed again a few years later on Comedy Central
The MST3K version provides examples of:
- Celebrity Resemblance: They make a running gag of Tom's resemblance to a young Richard Burton. Gamera's resemblance to Karl Malden (especially his nose) is a Running Gag throughout all the Gamera episodes.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: A full-on Hurricane of Puns in Gamera vs. Guiron.
[Guiron chops one of Gyos' arm-wings off.]
Crow: All he's got is a wing and a prayer. He's really going out on a limb! He's winging it!
- In The Style Of: Michael Feinstein (played by Michael J. Nelson) treats us to a Cole Porter-esque piano version of Gamera's theme music at the end.
- Memetic Mutation: Gamera's gymnastics became a part of MST3K's opening credits.
- Mondegreen: Joel and the 'bots insist on calling Kon-chan "Cornjob".
- Oh Crap: When Gamera jams a missile into Guiron's head and sets it on fire.
[Closeup of Guiron's face]
Crow: Oh, damn.
- With Lyrics: "We're gonna ride our bicycles / We're gonna go and have some fun..."
"What a monster." "Mmm."