The KTMA version provides examples of:
- Continuity Nod: Crow has finally thawed out from the previous episodes where he was frozen to be the SOL's Christmas tree.
- He Who Must Not Be Seen: Dr. Forrester and Dr. Erhardt could be seen during the show's opening theme song and occasionally as a still within the show, but they did not appear in person within the show itself until this episode averted this.
- Running Gag: Whenever Joel or Crow compares Zigra's ship to a gumball machine, Servo will immediately try to throw in something to make the comparison seem like a good thing.
- Stock Footage: Very Incredible Movie Theater 4 is actually footage from J Elvis' standup that was aired on the same night, but here as a Ruritanian comic.
The season three version provides examples of:
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: The crew are amused by Gamera's xylophone skills.Joel: Gamera, known as "Bags" to his friends...
- Dance Party Ending: Something like that. In tribute to their final Gamera film, the crew each sing different versions of their already-existing version ("Gamera is really neat, Gamera is filled with meat, we are eating Gamera!") of the Gamera theme, ending with everyone singing a surprisingly affectionate send-off... and Clay and Frank promptly one-up them by doing it in hard rock.
- Interspecies Romance: Gamera is Helen's boyfriend during a host segment.
- In the Style of...: At the end of Gamera vs. Zigra, the SOL crew perform reggae, jazz, and hip-hop versions of the song.
- Running Gag: The constant referral of traffic accidents as a major contributor to society's ills.
- Shout-Out: Among many others, the old man in brown rags is compared to the hermit from Monty Python's Flying Circus.
- Take That!: Many against Sandy Frank.Doctor:The brainwaves are not those of a normal human being, the activity seems to be reduced!
Crow: Oh, David Duke's brainwaves.
- Wild Teen Party: The SOL crew throw one at the beginning of the episode because this is the last Gamera movie they have to watch. Magic Voice inexplicably gets drunk on root beer.