Recap: Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 06 E 01 Girls Town
Films watched: Girls TownThe host segments for this episode deal with Dr. Forrester hooking up the Satellite of Love to Deep 13 via the Umbilicus, a plot device that ran until the end of the seventh season.
The the MST3K treatment provides examples of:
- Actually Pretty Good: Even Mike and the 'bots enjoy The Platters singing, and pay the ultimate respect by not riffing hard during their number.
- Buxom Is Better: The bots predict what will be considered sexy in the future. While they describe future sexy women with car design (like having cab forward), Mike predicts that big breasted curvy women like Mamie van Doren will be ideal again.
- Call Back: "No, Lupita!"
- Cloudcuckoolander: Their version of Stalker with a Crush Serafiina.
- Fate Worse Than Death: Scat singing!
- Ignore The Fanservice: Upon seeing a scantily clad waitress in front of a diner:Crow: Wow! Look how cheap hot-dogs were back then!
- Lyrical Dissonance: Mike and the 'Bots adding their own lyrics about Chip's murder to all the 1950s pop/soul/rockabilly songs.Over the bouncy opening number: "Chip is de-ad, Chip is de-ad..."
- Nuns Are Funny: Mike and the 'Bots have a lot of fun with this trope, such as the "conversation" between two elderly nuns about how much money they lost on the game last night. "Troy Aikman can go to blazes."
- Running Gag
- Servo breaking out into scat singing when Mel Tormé is on screen.
- Shout-Out:Tom Servo: Let's do some crimes!
- Speaking Like Totally Teen: You can't avoid it, with all the hep slang.
Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 05 E 24 Twelve To The Moon Recap/Mystery Science Theater 3000 Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 06 E 02 Invasion USA
Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 05 E 11 The Gunslinger Recap/Mystery Science Theater 3000 Turkey Day 94 Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 03 E 16 Gamera Vs Zigra