Recap: Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 06 E 04 Zombie Nightmare
Featured work: Zombie NightmareAboard the Satellite of Love, Mike and the Bots have fun with voodoo, hot tubs, and the Adam West version of Batman.
The Mystery Science Theater 3000 presentation contains the following tropes:
- Affectionate Parody: The ill-fated Batman play.
- Becoming the Mask: Servo becomes a little too enamored of his Batman costume.Servo: Don't touch me! I'm Batman!
- Brother-Sister IncestWaitress: I'm old enough to be your big sister.Jim: Hey, that's cool, I always wanted to make it with my older sister!Crow: Oh, so Canada has a South, too!
- Canada, Eh?: Several, several times...Servo: You're right Mike, this is either America ten years ago, or Canada today.
- Dragged Off to Hell: Churchman's descent is commented on by the bots:Crow: (thoroughly impressed) WOW! So Hell's right there!Servo: Yeah. Thatís why you should call before you dig.
- Gory Discretion Shot: Mike and the bots go into a host segment just as the blonde girl is about to be killed. Considering how graphic her death is, its understandable.
- Jim's death is also censored, sadly.
- Hollywood Voodoo: The Mads are into voodoo which they claim is a safe economic way to inflict evil on the world...which actually has a strong emphasis on helping others. Although, it's possibly justified because this is Dr. Forrester and Frank we're talking about.
- M&TB used the Deep 13 Voodoo kit for some good by giving a back rub, combing a guys hair, and giving Jimmy Carter a hug.
- Old Shame: Triumphantly averted by Adam West (perhaps one of his earliest Adam Westing moments) in which he introduced Zombie Nightmare for its MST3K debut during Turkey Day.
- Rape as Drama: The abuse heaped on the victim by the police is commented on.Frank: "But you went into the alley with him."Mike (just a tad bit irritated with Frank's attitude): "Yeah, that's it, blame the victim".
- Running Gag: Adam West is upset that he didn't get a cameo in the 1989 Batman movie.
- When Adam West's character says "HEY!" to his subordinate, Mike and the bots repeatedly say "HEY!" in unrelated situations for the next minute.
[Voodoo chanting followed by] "RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR"!