Recap: Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 03 E 11 It Conquered The World
Films watched: Snow Thrills (short) and It Conquered the WorldSnow Thrills is a short about winter sports.
The Mystery Science Theater 3000 presentation contains these tropes:
- Finishing Each Other's Sentences: During the riffing of the Snow Thrills short.Narrator: Beauty, grace, and rhythm.Servo: ...you won't find them here.Narrator: Thrills galore in this winter sport.Joel: ...are darn hard to come by.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Crow makes the following remark during the "human polar bear" part of the short.Crow: Let's talk about shrinkage, shall we?
Narrator: Fast becoming one of the most popular winter sports is shiing (skiing). And "shiing" is the proper pronunciation, they tell us.Joel: Yeah, well you're full of skit.
- Also from Snow Thrills:
Joel: What? Shee whoring?
- And again from Snow Thrills, when a title announces "Ski joring":
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: Number two of the infamous "Susan Hart Four". The un-riffed version of the film hasn't even seen a release in several years.
- Padding: The song about celebrity siblings with shared last names. Joel persuades the 'bots to go along with it because the movie was relatively short and they needed to fit the episode's running time.
- Running Gag: The host and his robots poke a lot of fun at Peter Graves' closing speech...in the span of the episode ending.
- Shout-Out: Servo whistles a snatch from the theme to The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. One of the stars of this movie, Lee van Cleef, also played Angel Eyes, "The Bad", in that movie.
- Too Dumb to Live: Invoked by the SOL crew, as Paul is oblivious to the fact his house has power (meaning his wife is One Of Them). Servo snarks that James Arness must have gotten all the intelligence in the family.
Dr. Paul Nelson: He learned almost too late that man is a ''feeling'' creature ... and because of it, the greatest in the universe. He learned too late for himself that men have to find their own way, to make their own mistakes. There can't be any gift of perfection from outside ourselves. And when men seek such perfection, they find only death... fire... loss... disillusionment... the end of everything that's gone forward. Men have always sought an end to the toil and misery, but it can't be given, it has to be achieved! There is hope, but it has to come from inside, from man himself.
Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 03 E 15 Teenage Caveman Recap/Mystery Science Theater 3000 Turkey Day 94 Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 05 E 03 Swamp Diamonds
Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 03 E 10 Fugitive Alien Recap/Mystery Science Theater 3000 Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 03 E 12 Gamera Vs Guiron