Recap: Family Guy S 2 E 3 Da Boom
In this Bizarro Episode, the Griffins are the sole survivors of the apocalypse caused by the Y2K computer virus and head off to Natuck to rebuild society near a Twinkie factory.
- After the End: The Setting.
- All Just a Dream: The whole episode is revealed to be a dream of Pamela Ewing's, parodying Dallas.Pamela Ewing: Oh, Bobby, I just had the weirdest dream. I dreamt I saw the strangest episode of Family Guy, and there was a giant chicken and Stewie was an octopus.
Bobby Ewing: Hey, hey, hey. Come on, now. It's all right. Everything's going to be OK. ...What's Family Guy?
- Indestructible Edible: Why the family seeks out the Twinkie factory, Peter claiming that they, along with cockroaches, are guaranteed to survive a nuclear holocaust.
- Irony: Lampshaded and discussed by two random guys when Octo-Stewies overrun the town after they get rid of the guns.Random guy: Hey Bob, you remember the other day you were asking me what the definition of irony was and I said-Octo-Stewie latches onto his faceRandom guy: AHHHH!
- Weaponized Offspring: The nuclear holocaust mutates Stewie into a half-human-half-octopus creature, who then lays a huge pile of eggs. Next scene, an army of human-octopi march through the town chanting "victory is ours", and attack the people by jumping at them and grabbing their faces with their tentacles.