Hello boys and girls! Now that I'm free, I'm going to be the greatest of all time!
- Though everyone in this series will end as Nightmare Fuel eventually, in Black the following people are especially worthy: Needles Kane, No Face, Bloody Mary, Cage, Charlie Kane, Billy Ray
- Cage. The man's ambition? To be the greatest killer the world has ever known. But what does he want from Calypso? Brain surgery to remove that part of him that feels sad whenever he kills. Calypso's feeling generous, so he throws in something extra for a man with a butchered brain - his hands replaced with metal razors and blades.
- Charlie Kane. First of all, he's a reanimated corpse. No, not a zombie; he's very much dead, but his body is being controlled by his savant son. This is disturbing enough on its own, but then the game presents you with very Uncanny Valley-laden close-ups of Charlie's corpse when you look at his character info, as well as in every single loading screen. It's all incredibly unsettling.
- And his ending? Calypso breaks the boy's remote and abducts him, with the intention of raising him to take over the tournament. Oh, and guess what? The kid's big brother is Needles "Sweet Tooth" Kane.
- Calypso in the 2012 version of the game. In other games, he gets his powers from a demon. In this one, he's the devil. That painting in his office is utterly chilling.
- The "Snowy Roads" theme from Twisted Metal: Black (One-Woman Wail plus Drone of Dread), and the rest of the dark ambience music.
- Sweet Tooth slaughtering the entire crew of a hospital in the 2012 game, all in the name to finish off the daughter who managed to get away the first time he tried to kill her. This is the character you control for a third of the Story Mode by the way.