Nightmare Fuel: PewDiePie
You'd think someone like PewDiePie
wouldn't give people nightmares
. To quote the man himself, "That's where you're wrong
open/close all folders
- His Fabulizer videos are pretty disturbing.
- His Fabulizing of Miley Cyrus was nothing short of frightening. He put her head on a turkey, gouged out her eyes, made her cry tears of blood, had her holding someone's face, and to top it off he put her inside a Satanic pentagram and lit her on fire. Damn. The result?◊
- Plus there's this. You know what that thing on Marzia's head is? It's a nipple. In the video he chooses to photoshop another nipple in her mouth, but decides to give her a nipple for a nose. When Marzia says she wants to see it via Facebook, he even says it's not Facebook friendly. She still thought it was fabulous nonetheless.
- However, both pale compared to how Pewds fabulized Tom Cruise◊.
- At the end of that episode, after Pewds did his brofist, a Record Needle Scratch and a short drum loop is heard and it cuts to fabulized Tom while creepy distorted noises play in the background.
- His Fabulization of Kanye West, where the top half of his head is just the bottom half inverted, and there are two long tongues coming from each mouth to touch. And he's crying.
- He also plays a lot of horror games, so it makes sense that jump scares abound in great numbers, so the viewer(s) will often get as scared (if not more scared) than Pewdie.
- Two words: she's coming.
- There's this.◊
- "Hi, hi, hi there!"◊
- "I have a bad feeling about◊ this painting."
- His Twitter cover photo is also pretty unsettling. It shows Pewds and Puga with swapped eyes, noses, and mouths. Here's a picture of it.◊
- Admit it...you were scared too when that girl pounced on Pewds in the Slender Oculus Rift video. With a Nightmare Face like that, it's hard not to.
- This is one of the many times we see a truly terror-fueled reaction from Pewds.
- Do you know how many videos Pewds has captioned with "DONT WATCH THIS BEFORE YOU SLEEP" or "JUMPSCARES GALORE"? And he did it for good reason.
- Episode 4 of his Pesadelo series is actually named after this trope. Can you guess why?
- The Photobooth tag video delves into the Uncanny Valley with its means of nightmare fuel. Seeing the faces of Marzia and Pewds bend and contort and shrink and enlarge is funny but also kind of creepy...
- Have you ever wanted to see the face of a pug on the body of a little girl?
- In one of his Pewds Does Everything videos, he reads a tweet from someone that wants him to smile at them.
- Warning: The linked picture is really large.
- His Vapour video is actually called "FREE NIGHTMARES." Guess why.
- Even Felix himself can stay into this territory, sometimes. Particularly when he gets very frustrated with games like Unfair Mario or The Impossible Quiz, which paves way to some Sanity Slippage, whether for laughs or for real.
- The Viscera Clean Up game, as seen in this video. Pewds manhandles a bunch of elves(' corpses?), throws some into a fireplace, and a bunch of other crazy stuff. He frequently says that the game is creeping him out, especially as he's holding an elf head that's staring right at him. And the blood. Oh my god, all the blood.
- His Spore videos. Pewdie really loves his Body Horror.
- His Surgeon Simulator 2013 eye transplant video. Long story short, God bless Bob's eyes. You could see how utterly disturbed Pewdie was as he was playing.
- DEMON PEWDS WILL EAT YOUR BABIES.
- In one particular Amnesia episode, a certain German creator of custom stories for Pewdie has the statues greet him. "HALLO FREUNDE!"
- The sheer idea of the Catacombs Challenge alone. You're alone, with not much light, navigating through the dark and eerie Paris catacombs (yes, the ACTUAL catacombs), with a horrific sense of paranoia that someone will pop out in front of you or be lurking behind you.
- Having to reach into a container with bugs inside to advance.
- There are multiple instances where you can see someone following Pewdie without him noticing, and you just feel as if they are going to scare him, but they don't...
- Some of the drawings that Pewdie put up on Twitter are super freaky.
- In this video, one of things Pewdie discusses is the at-the-time extremely-popular ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. He states that the challenge is something of a simulation of what it feels to have ALS, and he then proceeds to go into a description of the disease's effects that makes it sound just as horrific as it probably is.
"Just imagine yourself, your fingers stop working, you lose the ability to speak, your arms stop working, you can't walk, you can't do anything yourself, and your mind is still clear, but you're trapped in this body that you can't move.
It's just awful. And...after that, you die.
- The ".EXE HORROR GAMES" video is chock full of nightmarish, haunting images.
- "Happy Mouse.exe", which has Mickey's face slowly get more and more melted and bloody as the game progresses.
- "BEN.exe", which is nothing but a collection of frightening .gifs and pictures of the Link elegy statue, while what sounds like distorted circus music plays in the background.
- "Alone.exe", a Pokémon game that starts innocently but goes straight to hell after an ominous prompt. Static can be seen in the background, and a picture of Pikachu donning Black Eyes of Evil and a Slasher Smile briefly flickers onto the screen.
- The final game, "Smile.exe", a MLP game that ends with a fairly startling screamer, accompanied by an extremely loud scream.
- His "loading screen" face is likely to at least creep you out.
- One time he did a tape challenge in which he had to apply a strip of tape to his face for every death he got in a rage game. This is the result. (Warning: It's scarier than it sounds.)