This right here broke this troper's heart into a million pieces.
Yes, even Pewds
has moments where he just isn't his usual self
and brings out some real sad stuff
- The finale of The Walking Dead, where Clementine shoots Lee upon request of him to avoid him coming back as a zombie. It made him cry, for God's sake (see page image).
- When Pewds has to rewatch the scene as part of a season-one recap when he plays season two, he is understandably silent and solemn.
- The killing of Ben and Kenny also made him cry, despite the characters being right assholes for the long while. Though also a tear jerker, it doesn't compare to the above example, as it didn't just make him cry but made him right out bawl.
- "You can be Robin next time. You can be Robin."
- His reaction to the end of The Witch's House, especially considering that it was right after he had gone through the above. Viola's dad shoots Viola without even realizing that he shot his own daughter.
Pewdiepie: Not again...
- Froggy 2012. Never forget.explanation
- His expression while listening to the homeless peoples' stories in part 6 of his Beyond: Two Souls playthrough. While he doesn't cry, it's rather sombering, especially for fans who have been used to his comedic exaggerated sobbing.
- And as a double-sombering moment for Canadian fans, that episode went up on their Thanksgiving. Ouch.
- For a real life example, his "I'm Sorry" video, addressing the Retsupurae controversy.
- Somewhat depressing was how the whole thing spiraled out of control to begin with; with Felix's Fan Dumb taking things WAY too far in response. You know, the exact same thing Felix himself has repeatedly criticized them for doing? The fact that the Fan Dumb aids many people's hatred for Pewds makes it worse.