open/close all folders
- His Crooked Man series thumbnails. The first thumbnail has Pewds menacingly staring at the viewer. Not too scary, right? But then in the thumbnails for the videos to come, his skin gradually turns paler and his neck gets more and more elongated as his eyes turn to black and his head topples over. It's just as horrific as it sounds, plus there's the page image. (You're welcome for that.) Actually justified because the Crooked Man is able to tilt his head to unnatural extents.
- The thumbnails for his two Don't Starve Screecher videos are pretty horrific. "IT WILL MAKE YOU SCREECH" has whatever the fuck that is◊, and "THEM JUMPSCARES" has that.◊ The fact that you have no clue what they are makes it all the more nightmarish.
- His "Insanity" video thumbnail shows him with wide eyes and a Slasher Smile while holding a gun to his head. You could interpret this as showing that Pewds has been going insane from all those horror games.
- Pizza Delivery's thumbnail◊ video shows Pewds as a delivery boy, holding a pizza and smiling, oblivious to the Eldritch Abomination standing right behind him.
- His DON'T EVER LOOK AT HER video shows a scared Pewds with what looks like Samara behind him.
- All of his Night of the Sacrifice (Ikenie No Yoru) video thumbnails count as this.
- The thumbnail for his "Eyes" video shows him screaming with red bleeding eyes as a ghost stands behind him in the darkness.
- The thumbnail for his Crashtastic video is terrifying and has absolutely nothing to do with the video. What do you think this thumbnail shows? If you guessed Body Horror, you are right. Again. See for yourself◊, if you dare.
- The thumbnail for his 2nd Impossible Quiz video is super creepy, depicting a smiling man giving a thumbs up while hanging. Yeah.◊
- The thumbnail for "HOW TO SMILE!" seems a bit...off.◊
- Slight Nightmare Retardant when you look closer at the hands forcing the smile. How sweet of Marzia (judging by what looks to be a french manicure) to help with the thumbnail!
- This is why you should never let Pewds be a lumberjack.◊
- The thumbnail for NEVER HAVE I EVER... is the common stock photo of two women gossiping...altered to have multiple eyeballs or mouths covering their whole faces. Very inducing of the jibblies if you have trypophobia or just Body Horror fears in general. And then he did it AGAIN with the thumbnail for HAIL TO OUR NEW LORD AND SAVIOR with eyeballs all over Kim Jong-Un's face.
- He plays a lot of horror games, so it makes sense that jump scares abound in great numbers, so the viewer(s) will often get as scared (if not more scared) than Pewdie.
- Two words: she's coming.
- "Hi, hi, hi there!"◊
- This picture comes from his Haunted Memories video, in which a character has a very disturbing glitch that causes one of his eyes to face backwards, and the other to randomly float out of its socket.
- Admit it...you were scared too when that girl pounced on Pewds in the Slender Oculus Rift video. With a Nightmare Face like that, it's hard not to.
- This is one of the many times we see a truly terror-fueled reaction from Pewds.
- Do you know how many videos Pewds has captioned with "DONT WATCH THIS BEFORE YOU SLEEP" or "JUMPSCARES GALORE"? And he did it for good reason.
- Episode 4 of his Pesadelo series is actually named after this trope. Can you guess why?
- Have you ever wanted to see the face of a pug on the body of a little girl?
- His Vapour video is actually called "FREE NIGHTMARES." Guess why.
- The Viscera Clean Up game, as seen in this video. Pewds manhandles a bunch of elves(' corpses?), throws some into a fireplace, and a bunch of other crazy stuff. He frequently says that the game is creeping him out, especially as he's holding an elf head that's staring right at him. And the blood. Oh my god, all the blood.
- His Spore videos. Pewdie really loves his Body Horror.
- His Surgeon Simulator 2013 eye transplant video. Long story short, God bless Bob's eyes. You could see how utterly disturbed Pewdie was as he was playing.
- And guess what's next? The teeth transplant!
- In one particular Amnesia episode, a certain German creator of custom stories for Pewdie has the statues greet him. "HALLO FREUNDE!"
- The ".EXE HORROR GAMES" video is chock full of nightmarish, haunting images.
- "Happy Mouse.exe", which has Mickey's face slowly get more and more melted and bloody as the game progresses.
- "BEN.exe", which is nothing but a collection of frightening .gifs and pictures of the Link elegy statue, while what sounds like distorted circus music plays in the background.
- "Alone.exe", a Pokémon game that starts innocently but goes straight to hell after an ominous prompt. Static can be seen in the background, and a picture of Pikachu donning Black Eyes of Evil and a Slasher Smile briefly flickers onto the screen.
- The final game, "Smile.exe", a MLP game that ends with a fairly startling screamer, accompanied by an extremely loud scream.
- Despite being a veteran horror player and has experienced true Nothing Is Scarier, Pewds can still get scared over the Power Drill Massacre.
- Pony Island scared him so much that he had nothing but utter praise for it from start to finish (considering the guy himself is pretty much disillusioned with horror nowadays).
- Even Felix himself can stay into this territory, sometimes. Particularly when he gets very frustrated with games like Unfair Mario or The Impossible Quiz, which paves way to some Sanity Slippage, whether for laughs or for real.
- In one of his Pewds Does Everything videos, he reads a tweet from someone that wants him to smile at them.
Pewds: IS THIS WHAT YOU WANTED?◊
- Warning: The linked picture is really large.
- DEMON PEWDS WILL EAT YOUR BABIES.
- Some of the drawings that Pewdie put up on Twitter are super freaky.
- Equal parts Nightmare Fuel and Tear Jerker; in this Pewds Does Everything video, Pewdie admits that the last time he tried doing a PDE video culminated in him having a panic attack from all the stuff he was doing at once coupled with not eating anything. He distanced himself from the series after that for obvious reasons.
- On May 6, Pewdie uploaded a collection of disturbing Photoshopped images of himself to Facebook.
- One time he did a tape challenge in which he had to apply a strip of tape to his face for every death he got in a rage game. This is the result. (Warning: It's scarier than it sounds.)
- His "loading screen" face◊ is likely to at least creep you out.
- His Fabulizer videos are pretty disturbing.
Pewdie: Wow, what the fuck is wrong with me? (laughs) This should just be called Nightmare Generator.
- His Fabulizing of Miley Cyrus was nothing short of frightening. He put her head on a turkey, gouged out her eyes, made her cry tears of blood, had her holding someone's face, and to top it off he put her inside a Satanic pentagram and lit her on fire. Damn. The result?◊
- Plus there's this. You know what that thing on Marzia's head is? It's a nipple. In the video he chooses to photoshop another nipple in her mouth, but decides to give her a nipple for a nose. When Marzia says she wants to see it via Facebook, he even says it's not Facebook friendly. She still thought it was fabulous nonetheless.
- However, both pale compared to how Pewds fabulized Tom Cruise◊.
- His Fabulization of Kanye West, where the top half of his head is just the bottom half inverted, and there are two long tongues coming from each mouth to touch. And he's crying.
- There's this◊, a picture of Ken with his head upside down but keeping his face the right way.
- "I have a bad feeling about◊ this painting."
- His Twitter cover photo is also pretty unsettling. It shows Pewds and Puga with swapped eyes, noses, and mouths. Here's a picture of it.◊
- Buzzfeed even included it as part of its "30 scariest face swaps of 2012" list, and for good reason (although it only placed at #20).
- The Photobooth tag video delves into the Uncanny Valley with its means of nightmare fuel. Seeing the faces of Marzia and Pewds bend and contort and shrink and enlarge is funny but also kind of creepy...
- The sheer idea of the Catacombs Challenge alone. You're alone, with not much light, navigating through the dark and eerie Paris catacombs (yes, the ACTUAL catacombs), with a horrific sense of paranoia that someone will pop out in front of you or be lurking behind you.
- Having to reach into a container with bugs inside to advance.
- There are multiple instances where you can see someone following Pewdie without him noticing, and you just feel as if they are going to scare him, but they don't...
- In this video, one of things Pewdie discusses is the at-the-time extremely-popular ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. He states that the challenge is something of a simulation of what it feels to have ALS, and he then proceeds to go into a description of the disease's effects that makes it sound just as horrific as it probably is.
- THE ILLUMINATI HAS CONTROL.
- 10 Things You Should Never Google. It sounds disturbing enough, but the fact that Pewdie added a warning of the gross content in the video in the title is more than enough. We then see tons of Nausea Fuel images of intestinal diseases, skin diseases, and more while Pewds is barely able to refrain from vomiting and gets progressively worse over the course of the video, especially when he sees 2 Girls 1 Cup and almost vomits.