For a series infamous for its narmy moments
, it still has its creepy moments.
What's going on? The TV Tropes Wiki's chaos is increasing!
- The zombies and bosses in the fourth game. Especially Justice. To elaborate, one of Justice's attacks involve grabbing you, and you have to shake the SMG fast in order to break free of his grasp or he will lick you For Massive Damage. The lovely close-up of his face, especially with that tongue... *shudder*
- The arcade version of Zombie Sophie from the first can be really terrifying.
- And in the second and fourth games, Zombie Goldman.
- One of The Fool's attacks consists of him shaking up the cage and raining his meal, which is horribly mutilated corpses, down upon you. Most of which will damage you if you don't shoot them out of the way.
- In Overkill's final chapter, not only is Varla's brain swapped out for that of Clement's mother, it's plainly visible from the back; not only is a good chunk of her scalp missing, so is part of her cranium!
- At the end of 4's fourth chapter, Kate and James are treated to a view of the burning cityscape, implying that the Zombie Apocalypse this time around has reached catastrophic levels. Kate's Heroic BSOD is very much justified.