A Brazillian "happy rock" Teen Idol band that was spawned in 2008 and is currently a huge hit. It's made of four boys who have known each other since childhood and are still very good friends: Pe Lu (vocalist and guitarist), Koba (guitarist and backing vocal), Pe Lanza (vocalist and bassist), and Thomas (drums and synth).
This band contains examples of:
This band contains examples of:
- Ascended Meme: They wrote a song titled "Puta Falta de Sacanagem" after an infamous Malaproper said by an angry fan after a cancelled autograph session. (the intended meaning is This Is Unforgivable!; the literal translation is "fucking lack of unfairness/assholery")
- Blind Without 'Em: Pe Lanza is nearsighted, thus has to wear glasses... and said glasses became a fashion trend among their fanbase.
- Breakup Song: Theirs are generally more about the bright side of breaking up, though. According to them, "the emo guys break up with their girlfriends and get sad, while we break up and we don't give a damn, because life goes on".
- Camp Straight
- Captain Obvious: One of their songs is titled "Vou Cantar" ("I'm Gonna Sing"). It Makes Sense in Context due to the first two lines of the chorus:I'm gonna sing for you to listenThat verse I wrote to make you smile
- Celeb Crush: Each one of the boys has a crush on a certain famous female; in fact, Lanza's crush used to be Demi Lovato, but after she dumped him for thinking he looked too weird, he decided to crush on Katy Perry instead. Now it's Pe Lu who's after Demi.
- Celibate Hero: Although the four of them wouldn't mind having girlfriends (or dating fans, for that matter), they avoid it because of their busy schedule.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: Koba is a Gender Flipped example. According to Pe Lu, "he can't show up anywhere without tripping on or breaking something".
- Dress-Coded for Your Convenience: It's easier to tell them apart from other bands because of their brightly-colored clothes, most notably their pants. Also, most people don't tend to notice this, but they wear their pants so low that it exposes their equally-colorful underwear, with the explanation that the pants might get uncomfortable if they pull them up. The fangirls don't seem to mind it.
- Dress Rehearsal Video: Arguably, the official music video for "Recomeçar". The one for "Levo Comigo" counts too, at least before the second chorus repetition.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: It's not hard to confuse Pe Lanza with his glasses for a nerdy girl.
- Dye Hard: Thomas is a natural brunette, but dyed his hair blonde and keeps it that way. Pe Lanza also at one point notably dyed blonde streaks onto his own hair.
- Mr. Fanservice: All four of the boys, natch.
- The Fool: Thomas
- For Happiness: Their entire schtick.
- Gratuitous English: Pops up every so often in their merchandise. Two particular phrases are "Color is the way we live" (which fits with the band's main feel) and the nonsensical but still cool-sounding "Shake your flooding head".
- Keet: All four of them, but Thomas is the most blatant example.
- Lighter and Softer: Compared to most rock bands around. They don't follow the Sex, Drugs and Rock & Roll route, although they are fans of bands that do. In fact, Pe Lanza happens to be a big fan of Axl Rose.
- Megane: You probably have to thank Pe Lanza for the huge amount of Brazillian preteen girls with a glasses fetish.
- Mohs Scale of Rock and Metal Hardness: Most of their songs, which are fast-paced and upbeat, tend to fall under levels 4 or 5, while slower songs like "Levo Comigo" and "Pra Você Lembrar" (as well as the acoustic versions of certain songs) fall under levels 2 or 3.
- Nice Hat: Pe Lanza sports a black Trilby like one of his idols, Michael Jackson himself, in certain ocasions (such as the "Pra Você Lembrar" music video).
- Non-Appearing Title: A few of their songs have this, like "Amanhecer no Teu Olhar", "Sobre Eu e Você" and "Breve História".
- Older Than They Look: Pe Lu is nearly 20, but still looks like a teenager for some reason.
- One Steve Limit: The reason for Pe Lu and Pe Lanza being called as such is because they are both named Pedro.
- Other Common Music Video Concepts: Monochrome Backdrop in both the music videos for "Recomeçar" and "Levo Comigo", and Backwards Action near the end of "Recomeçar". Also, arguably, Band From Mundania in the music video for "Pra Você Lembrar".
- Pretty in Mink: Barely noticeable, but Pe Lanza's outfit during the band's performance at Meus Prêmios Nick 2010 had little fluffballs (for the lack of a better word) on his (gold) jacket's shoulders.
- Say It with Hearts: The boys occasionally form Heart Symbols with their hands; Pe Lanza and Thomas often do a full arm variation (called the "mega-heart" or "big-heart") during the concerts.
- Scenery Censor: One promotional picture has the four boys shirtless (presumably naked) behind a clothesline that has their pants hanged on.
- Shirtless Scene: Pe Lanza's Michael Jackson homage at the 8th Happy Rock Sunday. Squeeing ensued.
- Signature Song: "Recomeçar". Not only
it's named after the bandits name is pratically a Portuguese translation of the band's name, it also has the entire colorful and happy-go-lucky feel they're intended to bring (even more so in the music video, which is complete with a paint war between the boys at one point).
- Silly Love Songs: Most of their songs are either about love or the bright side of breaking up. They're not as silly as the other examples on the page, though.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Pe Lu or Pelu? Pe Lanza or Pelanza?
- Surprisingly Good English: More like Surprisingly Good Spanish. In fact, their second album, "Restart By Day", even has Spanish versions of some of their most well-known songs.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: Just count how many times their sexuality is mentioned in this page and how many times it says that they are straight.
- Tall, Dark and Handsome: Pe Lu, to the fans, at least.
- Team Dad: Pe Lu again.
- Teen Idol
- The Movie: They're currently working on one, which will be released in late 2011.
- Victorious Childhood Friend: Though in a more friendship-related angle, since they officially assumed that they're not gay at all.