Intercourse with You, and she isn't shy about being explicit about it. Luckily, their Refuge in Audacity means that listening to her doesn't get too uncomfortable, but you still wouldn't play a single one of her songs around your grandmother.Her most well known songs include "Fuck the Pain Away", which was featured in My Little Eye, Lost in Translation, Jackass 2, Drive Angry, Plinkett's review of Baby's Day Out, and one episode of South Park.Peaches (born Merrill Beth Nisker) is an artist who's music is best described as pioneering electroclash, while taking some inspiration from hip-hop.Gender identity and sexuality are common themes in Peaches' music, often playing with traditional notions of gender roles representation. Her lyrics and live shows consciously blur the distinction between male and female; for example, she appears on the cover of Fatherfucker with a full beard.Nearly all of her songs are
- Fancypants Hoodlum (1995, as Merrill Nisker)
- The Teaches of Peaches (2000)
- Fatherfucker (2003)
- Impeach My Bush (2006)
- I Feel Cream (2009)
Provides the following tropes:
- '80s Hair: She sports it occasionally.
- Album Title Drop: The Teaches of Peaches is cribbed from a line in "Fuck the Pain Away".
- Same thing with Impeach My Bush and "Fuck or Kill".
- "Shake Your Dix" for Fatherfucker.
- Cluster F-Bomb: "Fuck the Pain Away", "Fuck or Kill", and "I Don't Give a Fuck".
- Double Entendre: when she bothers with double entendres instead of single ones."'Cause I wanna take you downtown/Show you my thing..."
- Dream Team: She collaborated with P!nk on the latter's song "Oh My God", which contains a lot of Les Yay.
- Ethical Slut
- Guy-on-Guy Is Hot: "Two Guys (For Every Girl)"
- I Love the Dead: One interpretation of "Operate".
- Intentionally Awkward Title: Loads of them. Some examples include "Slippery Dick", "Diddle My Skittle", "Suck and Let Go", "Lovertits", "Stuff Me Up",, "Tent in Your Pants" and of course, "Fuck the Pain Away".
- Not to mention her album titles, with the possible exceptions of The Teaches of Peaches and Fancypants Hoodlum.
- Intercourse with You: Averted in "Fuck the Pain Away", lampshaded in "Back it Up" (You know what I'm talking about, right? Because it can only be one thing, you know.), and played straight in most of her songs. Seriously, sex is pretty much all she sings about.
- Lampshaded again in "Stick it to the Pimp" (You wanna stick it/I wanna stick it/I bet you thought I was gonna say in..but I'm not." From threesomes to going solo. Her last two albums released were titled Impeach My Bush and I Feel Cream, respectively.
- Refuge in Audacity: Peaches is just so over-the-top with everything that it's impossible to take her seriously.
- Title Only Chorus: "Fuck The Pain Away". That causes, however, a Cluster F-Bomb (see above).
- Unusual Euphemism: All over the place.
- Yaoi Fangirl: "Two Guys (For Every Girl)"