Sean Michael Anderson (born March 25, 1988), aka. Big Sean, is an American rapper. From Detroit, Michigan; he signed with Kanye West
's GOOD Music label in 2007.
He released his debut album Finally Famous
in 2011, and it peaked at 3 on the Billboard Hot 100.
His second album, Hall of Fame
, came out in August 2013.
- Finally Famous: The Mixtape (Mixtape) (2007)
- Finally Famous Vol. 2: UKNOWBIGSEAN (Mixtape) (2009)
- Finally Famous Vol. 3: Big (Mixtape) (2010)
- Finally Famous (2011)
- Detroit (Mixtape) (2012)
- Hall of Fame (2013)
Tropes applicable to his life and work include:
- All-Star Cast: His first album, which featured Kanye West, Lupe Fiasco, Chris Brown, John Legend, Wiz Khalifa and Nicki Minaj.
- Boastful Rap
- Catchphrase: Either "Boi!!!" or "I do it". Or "woah!" or "oh, God!"
- Cluster F-Bomb
- Dream Team: Any collaboration between him and his mentor Kanye West.
- Him, Kanye and Jay-Z on "Clique".
- Glam Rap
- Hashtag Rap: Arguably a Trope Codifier. Credited with re-introducing it on his song "Supa Dupa".
- Intercourse with You: "Marvin and Chardonnay", "Dance A$$"
- Likes Older Women: Not in real life (he's engaged to Naya Rivera), but the trope is Played for Laughs in "MILF".
- The Mentor: Kanye West
- N-Word Privileges: He is a rapper, after all.
- Swag Rap
- Wolverine Publicity: Features on a lot of artists' songs. Probably the second-most recognisable person in GOOD Music after Kanye.