Other works written by Dalyoung Im:
Other works drawn by Kwanghyun Kim
(불꽃의 인페르노) is a Manhwa
written by IM Dal Young and drawn by KIM Kwang Hyun. This title is published in Booking in South Korea. This also has a Japanese language version published by Comic Valkyrie.Aflame Inferno
is about a self-absorbed high schooler and the nation's top model named Shi-Chan Kang, that gets caught in the middle of a battle between demons. Injured severely and near death, the demon Inferno merges with the student to save his life. Together they win the battle to discover that they are inescapably joined. The only hope of ever becoming separate beings again is to collect 1,000 Invento Hells and find the right spell of Resurrection. Can Shi-Chan Kang balance hunting down demons with his school work?
Aflame Inferno has examples of:
- Aborted Arc: With the introduction of the remaining Kings, the original idea of getting 1,000 Invento Hells has apparently been abandoned, as Inferno and Kang have both been ignoring the Invento Hells recently.
- Barbie Doll Anatomy: This is due to South Korean censorship. Averted in the Japanese version.
- Big Bad: Pandemonium is shaping up to be this.
- Big Damn Heroes: Several times during the raid on the TBI building, all times subverted as the Big Damn Heroes get their asses rather brutally kicked. Even Inferno. Except for Gehanna.
- Becoming the Mask: It's implied this happens when a Tedlar stays in a human body for too long.
- Bishōnen: Shi-Chan, so much so that he models on the side.
- Boisterous Bruiser: Gehenna. Inferno does show shades of this when Shi-Chan utilizes the Tedlar Legend's power.
- The Charmer: Shi-Chan
- Christmas Cake: Ji-Yun Do
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Gehenna, it's possible that this may be because of Chae-Hee's feelings.
- She has stated that she is attracted to him and has offered herself on more than one occasion, only for him to refuse.
- Creepy Child: Pandemonium's current body.
- Demonic Possession: This is how the Tedlars get a physical form.
- Demon Slaying: the T.B.I. are humans who do this.
- Dub Name Change: Like Unbalance × Unbalance and The Phantom King, the Japanese translation of Aflame Inferno replaces all the Korean names and changes the setting from Seoul to Tokyo.
- Fantastic Racism: Tedlars don't see humans as much other than fodder for Demonic Possession.
- Feminine Women Can Cook: Chae-Hee. Gehenna goes to sleep and lets Chae-Hee cook the food.
- First Episode Resurrection: Shi-Chan is mortally wounded instead of killed, but the overall effect is the same. Chae-Hee/Gehenna is a similar case.
- Girlish Pigtails: O'Reilly
- Half-Human Hybrid: Shi-Chan and Inferno.
- Hearing Voices: Shi-Chan is the only one that can hear Inferno. Until recently.
- Hellish Pupils: When this happens, on a person, expect some asswhooping to happen.
- Historical-Domain Character: Joan of Arc.
- Hot for Teacher: Shi-Chan
- Hot Teacher
- Idiot Hair: Chae-Hee/Gehenna
- I Just Want to Be Normal: He can be normal. It's just he needs 1000 Invento Hells to do it. Which isn't going to be easy since Inferno was pretty low on Invento Hells to begin with.
- Invisible to Normals: Tedlars that have human bodies are often unnoticed by normal people and low-level tedlars.
- Jerkass: Pandemonium
- Lady of War: Gehenna
- Lethal Chef: Gehenna, the Queen of Destruction, cooks food that lives up to her moniker if by accident. A subversion since her host body, Chae-Hee, is a rather excellet cook.
- Meaningful Names: Inferno is the Italian name for Hell. Gehenna, is the hebrew name for the place where the souls for the wicked dead go to. Thanatos is the Greek personification of Death. Pandemonium (all demons) is a name invented by John Milton for the capital city of demons in Paradise Lost.
- Missing Mom: Shi-Chan's is dead prior to the start of the manhwa.
- The Mole
- Names to Run Away From Really Fast: Gehenna's rep is such that even high-level Tedlars are terrified of her. Even then, she's second place given the reactions that the Tedlars make when they realize that Inferno is alive and well.
- To be fair, Thanatos and Pandimonium are almost as feared, being that they are two of the four Tedlar Emperors. Gehenna is just unpredictable and just the name Inferno scares everybody.
- Also subverted in a way. While Inferno has a fearsome reputation of being invincible and holding a grudge against every Tedlar in existence, that invincibility came from an ability that burns Invento Hell on an "x per second" basis, together with having an absolutely enormous amount of Invento Hell. Today, Inferno is running pretty low on Invento Hell, so even mid-level Tedlars can become dangerous enemies - Inferno is still dangerous, but nowhere near the rumors.
- New Transfer Student: Gehenna/Chae-Hee
- Ordinary High School Student: Shi-Chan Kang
- Our Demons Are Different: Tedlars are invisible to people and need human bodies to interact in the living world. So far, Inferno, Gehenna and her Western Clan are the only ones that willingly make sure to take already dead human bodies as hosts. The other Tedlars could care less if their host is alive or dead.
- Panty Shot: Gehenna all the time.
- Parental Abandonment: Chae-Hee's parents are apparently dead and her grandma died in a battle between Shi-Chan and Gehenna
- Parental Substitute: Chae-Hee's grandma was this to her and Gi-Huun, her brother.
- People Puppets: The Tedlars take over the bodies of people and use them to get around in the living world.
- Playing with Fire: This is one of Inferno's speciaties.
- Prehensile Hair: Gehenna when she's in control of Chae-Hee's body. It slices flesh, rocks, and concrete. And onions.
- Rapunzel Hair: Gehenna when using Chae-Hee's body.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Thanatos after Eliza's death
- Inferno on every single Tedlar who crossed her path after Thanatos and Pandimonium killed her human family. It's how Inferno's terrifying legend began.
- Sharing a Body: Shi-Chan and Inferno.
- Shrinking Violet: Chae-Hee Shin
- Supreme Chef: Chae-Hee
- Sweet on Polly Oliver: Reader variation, as Inferno isn't quite up to the title of King...
- Taking the Bullet: Eliza does this for Thanatos.
- This Is a Drill: Shi-Chan gets at the business of this in one of the early chapters.
- Yandere: Gehenna