Manga: Sweet Magic Syndrome
Amako and Pudding
Amako is a young girl who has a great love of sweets. Due to her father's job, she had to move many times during her childhood, which prevented her from making close friends. Now she's 15 and starting high school, and it looks like she'll finally be able to have a normal school life! She intends to join the tea ceremony club, but it's going to be abolished this year, due to the lack of members.
All seems lost, when a strange young girl named Pudding appears out of a pudding cup! She says she's run away from her home, in the Kingdom of Sweets, and she agrees to be in Amako's club in exchange for a place to stay. Soon, Pudding's sisters, Cream and Chocolate, arrive to bring her home, but they find that Pudding's way home is lost! Will Pudding be stuck in Amako's world permanently? This 4-koma features Pudding, Amako, and other visitors from the Kingdom of Sweets, as they enjoy school life and tasty snacks together.Sweet Magic Syndrome
is a continuing manga by CUTEG and published in Manga Time Kirara Miracle!
Examples of Tropes:
- Anthropomorphic Food: Amako thinks people from the Kingdom of Sweets might actually be made of the sweet they are named after, licking Pudding when she is asleep proves that they at least don't taste like their name sake.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: While Pudding would disagree, Chocolate tends to avert this by being the most responsible in her family.
- Ambiguously Gay: Pretty much anyone who isn't Caramel.
- Beautiful All Along: With her hair down and glasses off, Waffle is beautiful enough to make Caramel cry.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Cream is always super nice, until you make her mad, then she is probably the scariest thing alive.
- Berserk Button: Bringing up her age or calling her old seems to be this for Cream.
- Bifauxnen: Caramel, when cross dressing as a guy. Marshmallow states Caramel looks like her Ideal male, at a time when Caramel is dressed as a girl.
- Big Eater: Amako and Pudding can really put it away.
- Carnivore Confusion: Amako wonders if it's cannibalism if people from the Kingdom of Sweets eat the sweet they are named after.
- Clark Kenting: Reversed, Caramel stops dressing like a boy and transfers to Amako's school as Maki Shinohara, though Amako is the only one who doesn't know Maki is Caramel.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Pudding tends to get jealous when people get close to Amako, and when Caramel flirts with other girls.
- Childhood Friends: Pudding and Caramel, which makes Pudding a least partially immune to Caramel's flirting.
- Cool Big Sis: Cream to Pudding at least, though Chocolate will sometimes admit this.
- Cooking Duel: A three way duel done for possesion of Caramel. Its between Waffel; who is in love with Caramel, Lokum, who wants Caramel to be her magic Familiar and... Chocolate, who claims Caramel is already her servant.
- Cuteness Overload: Konpeitou induces this in Pudding.
- Cute Witch: Lokum, at least she wants to be.
- Cross Dresser: Caramel prefers to dress as a boy.
- Edible Theme Naming: People from the kingdom are all named after some sort of sweet, pastry or dessert. Amako's name also means "Candy Girl" so she fits the theme.
- Even the Girls Want Her: Caramel, only Chocolate seems to be able to resist her charm.
- Amako even more so, not only does she even charm the likes of Chocolate, but she manages to do it without trying.
- Free-Range Children: Konpeitou, doesn't seem to have anyone watching her, the state of her clothing might point to something worse
- Friendless Background: Amako, due to her family always moving.
- Harem Seeker: From flirting with every female in sight and saying things like "It's better to have more flowers," when inviting Pudding on her and Amako's date, Caramel could easily be considered this.
- Heavy Sleeper: Marshmallow; to the point that she considers it her special talent that she can sleep anywhere, anytime.
- Idol Singer: Marshmallow says she wants to be an Idol, and when she sings in the park everyone says she is very good, to bad she wants to be a sleep idol.
- I'm Taking Her Home with Me!: Cream says this when first meeting Amako, then proving themselves sister's Pudding says this upon meeting Konpeitou.
- Improbably Female Cast: Other than Amako's dad, the only male is a cross dressing girl.
- Incest Subtext: Pudding and her sisters tend to bring this to mind in others who observe them together.
- Kid Detective: Gingerbread is a detective who does missing person cases and the like, but seems to be younger than Amako and Pudding.
- Lethal Chef: Cream confuses salt for sugar and Waffle wins a Cooking Duel between herself, Chocolate and Lokum because her dish was the only one edible.
- Do not make a blind hot pot with a bunch of people with a Sweet Tooth, one bite knocks both Caramel and Choclate out, and when Chocolate comes too, she tearfully apologises to Caramel for all the mean things she's done.
- Averted later when Chocolate makes a cake with Amako's help for everyone.
- Magical Land: The Kingdom of Sweets.
- New Transfer Student: Pudding and Maki aka Caramel. Amako seemed to have been this a lot when she was a kid.
- Oblivious to Love: Caramel doesn't seem to notice Waffle's massive crush on her, it doesn't help that Caramel being Caramel flirts outrageously with her.
- Older Than They Look: Pudding is actually a year older than Chocolate, But because Chocolate looks and acts older many people confuse Pudding as the younger sister.
- Parental Neglect: When Pudding runs away from home her mother becomes very distressed and her dad... goes golfing.
- Pretty Freeloader: Pudding is living with Amako.
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: Amako and Pudding, bordering on School Girl Lesbians
- The Runaway: Pudding runs away from home after arguing with her parents over wanting to study abroad.
- School Girl Lesbians: Caramel, there really isn't a female she won't flirt with, and Waffle who is head over heels in love with Caramel.
- School Girl Series: With some Magical Land characters.
- Shipper on Deck: Caramel ships Amako and Pudding, doesn't stop her from flirting with them both constantly though.
- Lokum believes there might be something between Caramel and Chocolate because Chocolate is the one female Caramel has a hard time with.
- Ship Tease: There is a lot, especially between Amako and Pudding.
- Shrinking Violet: Waffle, she is pretty hard on herself and can barely be around Caramel without fainting.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: Caramel has a hard time dealing with Chocolate, mainly cause Chocolate won't let Caramel flirt with her and treats Caramel like an unfavored servant.
- Split Personality: Ginger-Bread, whenever she fall's asleep or gets knocked out she switches personalities.
- Sweet Tooth: Amako and Pudding, to the point that sweets are almost all they talk about.
- Averted with Caramel who cannot stand sweet things.
- The Tease: Caramel, she flirts with every female, including Amako's mom, but she doesn't seem to serious about any of it.
- Tomboy: Caramel; she likes to dress as a boy and flirt with girls as well as being pretty athletic.
- Tsundere: Chocolate, she can't admit that she likes hanging out with Pudding and her friends. Something Caramel likes to tease her about.
- Unrequited Love: Waffle has it bad for Caramel, who aside from flirting doesn't notice.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: Chocolate used to be a lot nicer to Pudding, but it's implied Pudding is the reason she is the way she is now.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Chocolate and Pudding, they insult and tease one another, but have very close sisterly bond.
- The Voiceless: Konpeitou, she mostly talks through miming what she wants to say, something Pudding can sometimes translate.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Amako is deathly afraid of bugs, even ants.
- Thanks to Pudding, Chocolate is afraid of water.
- You Can't Go Home Again: Pudding can't return to the kingdom because she can only return in the pudding cup she came to earth in, but the cup had been thrown away.
- You Taste Delicious: Averted when Caramel licks some cream of Amako's face because it's sweet, it just makes Caramel sick.
- Yuri: Aside from Caramel its mostly Subtext, but its there.
- Yuri Fan: Most of the girls to some extent, but Caramel and Chocolate tend to be the ones who comment on how nice a scene two girls make. Cream, though, is the most enthusiastic.