Manga: Sweet Guilty Love Bites
A Yuri Genre
manga by Shuninta Amano, centering on three very different lesbian couples, united only by the fact that at least one partner in each pairing works as a hostess at the cabaret Club Rose
. Each couple gets a chapter in the trilogy:
- Sweet Guilty is about Kyrie, a hostess, and Miyata, a mysterious girl whom Kyrie finds collapsed from hunger on the street.
- Guilty Love is about Nina, a hostess and a single mother, and Mayu, her accidental lover and her daughter's preschool teacher.
- Love Bites is about Claire and Kokoro, two hostesses, who share an apartment and a very unprofessional relationship.
Tropes found in the manga:
- Abusive Parents: Claire's parents are some major assholes. They beat her up as a kid, so she ran away to work at a cabaret. Then, when she finally hit it big in fashion business, they looked her up and demanded money, beating her up again when she refused. The worst part? They are cynical enough not to hit any parts of her body that cannot be covered up on a photo shoot.
- Accidental Pervert: The first thing Miyata sees of Kyrie is her panties.
- Anger Born of Worry: When Kyrie doesn't find Miyata at home.
- Broken Bird: Claire.
- Cat Girl: Kyrie imagines Miyata as a catgirl thanks to the latter's many feline personality traits.
- Chronic Caretaker Syndrome: Kyrie tends to pick up stray living things (like dogs and girls)... and lampshades this.
- Common Hollywood Sex Traits: Averted with a lampshade: Miyata outright forbids Kyrie to "do her" until the latter cuts her long fingernails.
- Continuity Cameo: The three chapters are largely independent stories but their protagonists' occasionally show up in others' chapters, particularly in Love Bites.
- The Empath: Claire's number one hostess at Club Rose because she can sense other people's emotions and, partly, wishes. That includes Kokoro's wishes the latter isn't even aware of.
- Fangirl: Kokoro about fashion models in general and Claire in particular.
- First Kiss: Nina avoids kissing Mayu even when having sex with her. They only kiss after Mayu persuades her to enter a fully committed relationship.
- Gay Bar: The place where Nina and Mayu met is implied to be this. Mayu explains her presence there with a friend's invitation, which leaves the question of why Nina was there, as well, open...
- Girlish Pigtails: Kokoro, who is by far the most childish (and the youngest) of the six protagonists. She stops wearing her tails after quitting the cabaret to support Claire.
- Good People Have Good Sex: Claire and Kokoro are so into it after their Relationship Upgrade that their performance at work starts to suffer.
- Hair Contrast Couple:
- The diligent Kyrie has long dark hair, while the scatterbrained Miyata's is short and blond.
- Blonde Nina is a reserved survivor, while dark-haired Mayu is openly supportive and tomfoolerish.
- Blonde Claire is somewhat of a Broken Bird, while Kokoro (whose hair is some weird shade of green... ish) is a Genki Girl.
- Has Two Mommies: Ryuna gets this after Mayu becomes Nina's "helper".
- Hostess Club: Club Rose.
- I Kiss Your Hand: Mayu to Nina, much to the latter's embarrassment.
- Imagine Spot: Kokoro has a lot of these about Claire.
- Interrupted Intimacy: Ryuna has a talent for running in the moment Mayu tries to seduce Nina.
- Intertwined Fingers: Kyrie and Miyata do that a lot.
- Introduction by Hookup: At the start of Guilty Love Nina sleeps with a random woman she meets in the bar—only to discover the next morning that the woman, Mayu, is her daughter's preschool teacher.
- Love at First Sight: Lampshaded by Mayu.
- Love Hotel: Hotel Castle, which Nina and Mayu visit.
- Ojou Ringlets: Kyrie.
- Opera Gloves: Part of Nina's hostess outfit.
- Pervert Revenge Mode: Kyrie engages in this against Miyata regularly, even when the latter is on the brink of death.
- Pre-Meeting: Nina and Mayu.
- Pretty Freeloaders: Miyata to Kyrie.
- Sex for Services: After Miyata's band flopped, she resorted to having sex with their boss's wife for money. Eventually, she ran away from her and ended up in a similar relationship with Kyrie (except that she actually wants her).
- Single Mom Stripper: Nina is not a stripper per se, but she does earn her living with her good looks.
- Trauma Swing: Kokoro and Claire's dialogue about Claire leaving for another club takes place one a pair of swings.
- Yuri Genre
- Zettai Ryouiki: Miyata wears the hotpants variety on her first date with Kyrie.