Atsushi(left) and Atsumi(right)
Atsushi Miyagawa is an elementary student who looks like an adult. His older sister Atsumi is a high school student who looks his age. Since they act like you'd expect kids their real ages to act, this can cause... problems
.Recorder and Randsell
is a yonkoma
that was adapted into a three-minute anime that began airing in January 2012 and was licensed for simulcast by Crunchyroll
And if you're wondering, "randsell" refers to the type of backpack Atsushi's wearing
This series displays the following tropes:
- Accidental Pervert: Atsushi trips and falls on top of Moriyama-sensei landing head first between her breasts and his hands on top of them. When Moriyama-sensei runs away in shock, Atsushi is oblivious to what just happened.
- Big Little Brother
- The Cameo: Hana and Mayu from Morita-san wa Mukuchi make an appearance in the first episode, while Atsushi and Atsumi makes an appearance in the last episode of the former.
- Children Are Innocent: Atsushi is too clueless even for a 10-year-old.
- Deadpan Snarker: Atsumi has her moments, due to her status as the Only Sane Man.
- Deconstructed Trope: Older Than They Look and Younger Than They Look.
- Does Not Like Men: Moriyama-sensei.
- She is still decidedly heterosexual, though, and exhibits a physical attraction to Atsushi, though she tries to fight against it. This is seen when Atsushi wears a fishnet shirt to school.
- The Faceless: Take-nii
- Gag Boobs: Moriyama-sensei.
- I'm Taking Her Home with Me!: Saya gives Atsumi this treatment. Atsumi is not amused.
- Innocent Innuendo: "Yours is too big. It would never fit!"
- Meganekko: Moriyama-sensei.
- Mistaken For Pedophile: Confirmed via Word of God.
- Older Than They Look: Atsumi.
- Only Sane Man: Atsumi, probably the most reasonable character of the series.
- Playing Against Type: Double Subverted, Atsumi is uncharacteristically sweet, gentle, kind and mature for a girl who is played by Rie Kugimiya, the queen of immature, violent, tyrannical girls. She is still small though.
- Ryotaro Okiayu usually plays stoic, cool Bishōnen, and while Atsushi certainly is a Bishonen, he acts like (and is) an immature kid.
- Running Gag: Atsushi being mistaken for a molester.
- Spoiler Ending
- Tall, Dark and Handsome: Sayo's ideal man. Atsushi happens to fit her specifications too well.
- Why Do You Keep Changing Jobs?: Take-nii tends to fall in love with a co-worker at every job, then decide to quit after breaking up with her.
- Younger Than They Look: Atsushi. While his classmates apparently have no problem with it, the adults actually get grossed out just by the sight of him acting his age.