Atsushi(left) and Atsumi(right)
Atsushi Miyagawa is an elementary student who looks like an adult. His older sister Atsumi is a high school student who looks his age. Since they act like you'd expect kids their real ages to act, this can cause... problems
.Recorder and Randsell
is a yonkoma
that was adapted into a three-minute anime that began airing in January 2012 and was licensed for simulcast by Crunchyroll
A third season aired as a part of the Summer 2013 Anime
And if you're wondering, "randsell" refers to the type of backpack Atsushi's wearing
This series displays the following tropes:
- Accidental Pervert: Atsushi trips and falls on top of Moriyama-sensei landing head first between her breasts and his hands on top of them. When Moriyama-sensei runs away in shock, Atsushi is oblivious to what just happened.
- Big Little Brother: While it is Truth in Television. Atsushi takes it to the illogical extreme.
- The Cameo: Hana and Mayu from Morita-san wa Mukuchi make an appearance in the first episode, while Atsushi and Atsumi makes an appearance in the last episode of the former.
- Children Are Innocent: Atsushi is too clueless even for a 10-year-old.
- Christmas Cake: Miura, one of the female officers, is in her 30's, and fits the bill.
- Deadpan Snarker: Atsumi has her moments, due to her status as the Only Sane Man.
- Deconstructed Trope: Older than They Look and Younger than They Look.
- Does Not Like Men: Moriyama-sensei.
- She is still decidedly heterosexual, though, and exhibits a physical attraction to Atsushi, though she tries to fight against it. This is seen when Atsushi wears a fishnet shirt to school.
- The Faceless: Take-nii
- Fair Cop: Kijima, Miura and Aono, who are rather kind and understanding to poor Atsushi.
- Gag Boobs: Moriyama-sensei.
- I'm Taking Her Home with Me!: Sayo gives Atsumi this treatment. Atsumi is not amused.
- Innocent Innuendo: "Yours is too big. It would never fit!"
- Lucky Charms Title: The anime the first season had a musical note at the end and the third season had a star.
- Meganekko: Moriyama-sensei.
- Mistaken for Pedophile: Poor Atsushi constantly suffers from this, as confirmed via Word of God.
- Older than They Look: Atsumi and later Takumi.
- Only Sane Man: Atsumi, probably the most reasonable character of the series.
- Playing Against Type: Double Subverted, Atsumi is uncharacteristically sweet, gentle, kind and mature for a girl who is played by Rie Kugimiya, the queen of immature, violent, tyrannical girls. She is still small though.
- Ryōtarō Okiayu usually plays stoic, cool Bishōnen, and while Atsushi certainly is a Bishonen, he acts like (and is) an immature kid.
- Running Gag: Atsushi being mistaken for a molester.
- Spoiler Ending
- Tall, Dark and Handsome: Sayo's ideal man. Atsushi happens to fit her specifications too well.
- Why Do You Keep Changing Jobs?: Take-nii tends to fall in love with a co-worker at every job, then decide to quit after breaking up with her.
- Younger than They Look: Atsushi. While his classmates apparently have no problem with it, the adults actually get grossed out just by the sight of him acting his age.