This Index Means Trouble
This is an index of people, places, things, and tropes that will almost always
lead to conflict
, whether it be a Flame War
, Bar Brawl
, Blast Out
, or even a full scale actual war.
These Stock Characters and people are looking for trouble.
This place is just bad news.
That thing looks dangerous.
Why did you have to invoke that?
- Angry Mob: A bunch of people just waiting to have a fight
- Blood Knight: Someone who wants to fight at any cost.
- Boisterous Bruiser: Someone who has no problem with fighting and is capable of doing so
- Bounty Hunter: He (or she) is almost always around for a reason... and that reason or the bounty hunters' zeal in going after it will ruin your establishment or your day...
- Complete Monster: Someone who wants to hurt and kill people, often in the most horrifying and sadistic ways possible.
- Death Seeker: Someone who wants to die at any cost, but not necessarily by their own hand.
- The Fundamentalist: Someone who wants you to believe and practice their belief, and only their belief.
- Heteronormative Crusader: If you're anything but straight, this person will ruin your day at best and your life at worst.
- Girl with Psycho Weapon: A living Chekhov's Gun. Even though the weapon is rarely a gun.
- Jerkass: Someone who, through actions or attitude, can easily provoke a fight.
- Knight Templar: When The Fundamentalist goes past screaming tirades into physical violence.
- Leaking Can of Evil: A powerful imprisoned dark force that is still able to exert influence on people.
- Leeroy Jenkins: Someone who charges into a situation and starts a chaotic, unplanned fight.
- Lower-Class Lout/Proud Warrior Race Guy: A stereotypical someone from a culture that celebrates violence and fighting.
- Powder Keg Crowd: Slightly different from the Angry Mob, but can become it with just the slightest spark...
- Omnicidal Maniac: He (or she) wants to kill anything and everything.
- Organized criminals in general: When the Gang Bangers, The Mafia, The Mafiya, Murder, Inc., The Triads and the Tongs, and/or the Yakuza (or even just The Family for the Whole Family) show up, you know there's going to be trouble. And if they're all converging on one location, it's probably going to be a Blast Out at best.
- Serial Killer: Someone who wants to kill people.
- Slobs Versus Snobs: When both sides of the tracks meet, they can come to blows.
- Troll: Starting fights is their raison d'etre, and forms of this behavior do exist off the Internet
- Violent Glaswegian: Another stereotypical someone who likes fighting and violence.
- Any of the "All X are Y" tropes. This includes such tropes as All Gays Are Pedophiles - stating straight belief in them around anyone who is part of the X group but not the Y group will almost always start a fight (or at least lead to very uncomfortable silence)
- Axes at School: Unless it's a school of warfare (and even then sometimes) bringing a weapon into school will cause major trouble.
- Commie Nazis: Conflate "Commies" and "Nazis" to a Russian who remembers how hard the Communists fought the Nazis (or to any other anti-fascist Communist or Marxist, specifically, Soviet Russia lost more civilians and soldiers and did more of the on the ground fighting of World War II than the USA, and many anti-Fascist/anti-Nazi movements exist among Marxists), get anything from slapped to a No-Holds-Barred Beatdown.
- Fist of Rage: Something is making someone angry, and their clenched fist signals they may well be seeking vengeance.
- Guns in Church: In some settings, and in MOST settings in Real Life, openly carrying or especially brandishing a firearm will lead to an arrest, a fight, or sudden death.
- Murder Is the Best Solution: If someone decides to invoke this, of course there will be conflict.
- Screw the Rules, I'm Doing What's Right: One decides to set things right despite what the law says, even if it means killing someone to save another
- Stay in the Kitchen: Invoking this to most women who don't believe in it will start a fight
- Strawman Political: Invoking this will almost always start a fight
- Violence Is the Only Option: Obviously, if someone thinks this, there is going to be violence.