's infamous autobiography combined with an exposition of Hitler's political ideology. Written while imprisoned and published prior to his rise to power, "My Struggle" is one the best selling and most banned books in the modern era. A sequel was dictated
and made but never released
. It is not recommended for reading unless you are a history major. Adolf Hitler
was a notoriously
This book provides examples of
- All There in the Manual: Much of Hitler's plans for Germany and Europe were contained within it, making it a twisted Cassandra Truth.
- Author Tract
- Author Filibuster / Doorstopper: Not a particularly well written or inspiring work of literature.
- Bowdlerise: The first English translation removed some of the more anti-Semitic and militaristic statements. A more faithful one was released later, but it lost a copyright lawsuit.
- The first French translation censored the hateful passages of the text towards France.
- Conspiracy Theorist: Among Hitler's sources of inspiration was the infamous The Protocols of the Elders of Zion, a crowning work of conspiracy theory and anti-Semitism that has been widely proven a fraud.
- Democracy Is Bad
- Greedy Jew
- Hijacked By Goldberg: Everything was or will be a Jewish conspiracy. Losing World War One? Jewish conspiracy. Bolshevik Revolution? Jewish conspiracy. Esperanto, the Universal Language? Jewish Conspiracy.
- Ideological Screed
- Master Race
- Nazi Protagonist: The original one, in fact.
- Patriotic Fervor
- Purple Prose: All over the Goddamn place. Indeed, many history majors specializing in that area of history cite it as the most boring book they have to read.
- There's one exception: the chapter on propaganda is a clear and well-written, though astonishingly cynical, essay on mass psychology. Don't think, however that this proves Hitler could actually write well when he wanted to: the entire chapter was copied from an official German army manual that Hitler had been given some years previously.
- Red Scare
- Selective Obliviousness
- Self-Serving Memory
- Short Title: Long, Elaborate Subtitle: The original intended title was Four and a Half Years (of Struggle) Against Lies, Stupidity and Cowardice
- Untranslated Title
- Very Loosely Based on a True Story: Turns out that some digging into the archives proves Hitler.... creatively remembered a number of events to make himself look better.