Extensions to the Evil Overlord List
. They're written by the editors here, so don't expect sanity. Sanity may not be expected, but remember... BE DANGEROUSLY GENRE SAVVY!
(Seriously, I got a short way down and had to come up here to add this. Apparently, many tropers are not as genre aware as they think they are.)
Be sure to read the original Evil Overlord List
(including Cellblock A
and Cellblock B
), before adding to this list. See also The Universal Genre Savvy Guide
, which contains tips for other archetypal villains. See also Defied Trope
PAY ATTENTION! As part of an ongoing cleanup project
, we will instate some rules for quality control; it is possible that these lists will be drastically altered.
- Keep entries short and concise, much like the original Evil Overlord Lists. Each entry should only be about 1-2 lines long, not paragraph length! Too many details will bore readers.
- You must also avoid sub-entries like this! Instead integrate it into a main entry, otherwise you should separate it, or delete it altogether.
- Do not add Natter about why an entry won't work or how you would do it. This is not "Evil Overlord Vows: the Forum Thread".
- The purpose of the Evil Overlord List is to teach a villain how to be more genre savvy, and lead his minions to victory over the heroes. Please keep everything relevant to this subject!
- Don't focus too much on giving the villain good PR by being a bit nicer. Take it too far, and you'll make them seem like a good guy.
- Don't just add things villains have done that annoy you unless they're actually counterproductive to the Evil Scheme.
- Also please do not duplicate and repeat any entry, you must try to be as original as possible.
Looks like there are so many Dangerously Genre Savvy
tropers that we had to split the page! Please take a detour to one of the lovely cellblocks