Funny / Power Rangers GPX
Power Rangers GPX
might be dark, mysterious, intense and awesome, but it definitely knows when to get a laugh, usually by mocking the very franchise it originated from, taking the Narm Charm
and running with it. But here are some specific examples:
In Parts 1 & 2
- Maria shows off her Violently Protective Girlfriend side: "Don't! Touch! My! BOYFRIEND!"
Kevin: I'm glad she's on our side!
- Sean, Marty, Jimmy and Maria interrupting Ritchie's date.
- Sean's affectionate Crocodile Hunter impression.
- Hell, his reaction to Floki's identity is hilarious!
- The monster in chapter 12 getting involved in Sean and Maria's lover's spat.
- "WHERE'S THE FUCKING TEA!?"
- "And Knowing Is Half the Battle!" G.I. JOOOOOOEEE!!!
- Sean is signing autographs for Hitomi's friends:
Greg: How about those Packers?
Sean: You want my autograph for not?
- On a related note, Sean's description of Lambeau Field as a Wretched Hive that must be exorcised and sucked into another dimension.
- Túrelie's post-battle Villainous Breakdown that Arquen finds to be Actually Pretty Funny in an example of In-Universe Narm.
- Sean gets the last Christmas present:
Sean: "Alright, one more—what the— WHO THE FUCK BOUGHT ME CUBS SHIT!?"
- From the same episode, Arquen and Eruvanda dressed as Santa's Elves. Arquen is humiliated beyond belief, but Eruvanda is enjoying it.
- Anytime Ritchie is mistaken for being from India.
- Sean teasing Hitomi's new Love Interest Aamir about doing a "cheesy Bollywood dance scene" with Hitomi. He probably didn't mean it literally... Aamir's Delayed Reaction (a borderline Delayed Oh Crap!) is what sells it.
- The whole "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" sequence in the climax of Part 1 is both this and Crowning Moment of Awesome.
- "Jingle Bells, Ragnar smells, Ingvar laid an egg! The big bad elves lost again, 'cuz the Rangers kicked their ass!"
- Ritchie and Sean Lampshading their simultaneous Calling Your Attacks moment.
- Sean getting his sword embedded in the pavement might sound frustrating. But add snarky Excalibur comments and you've got yourself a routine!
- Sean trying to goad Phaedos by pretending he can't hear him.
- Sean and Ritchie singing the Malcolm in the Middle theme after Hitomi calls out her grandmother.
- Although it's followed by the elves releasing an information dump against their backers, Sean mocks the elves, making an I Can't Hear You joke.
- A gem from episode 42, Ritchie pretending to be a psychologist for Eruvanda, right down to the Freudian-ish psychology and fake German accent.
- Maria fangirling after Hitomi all but came out of the closet.
- And Sean cementing his Deadpan Snarker status after Hitomi publicly comes out: "Well, cat's out of the bag."
- The way Hitomi came out of the closet and love declaration to Gina is Narm-worthy. Naturally, Sean makes fun of it the next chapter.
- The moment after they come out of the closet, Jimmy has an I Knew It moment and mentions be made a bet with Sean over whether or not they'd get together.
- In GPX SIU, Sean, Maria and Aaron are at a bar and try out a punching machine. Their scores? Over six hundred! And they weren't even trying!
- In SIU episode 3, the Rangers go to a basketball game. Hilarity Ensues.
- This exchange:
Mandla/Aaron: "Are you going to follow me to lunch? You seem awfully interested in me."
Hitomi: "I'll follow you to lunch, but I'm not that interested in you."
Mandla/Aaron: "Am I ugly!?"
Hitomi: "No, I'm just not that into you."
Mandla/Aaron: "That would hurt even more."
Sean: (Walking past and patting him on the shoulder): "Too bad dude."
- "Marty Meets Hitomi (And Her Stash)", a side story which has poor Marty discovering Hitomi's Yaoi Porn Stash. The poor bastard is so traumatized Maria chastises Hitomi... for not putting it in a safe place.