Funny: Power Rangers GPX
Power Rangers GPX might be dark, mysterious, intense and awesome, but it definitely knows when to get a laugh, usually by mocking the very franchise it originated from, taking the Narm Charm and running with it. But here are some specific examples:
In Parts 1 & 2
- "Do you wonder if ghosts can have sex?" Followed by a Big Que.
- Maria telling—not asking, telling—Sean to kiss her and the following exchange where she finds out he's a virgin.
- "Unleash the Moe!"
- This exchange from episode 23:
Mandla: "I'm not afraid of lions".Jasmine: "Why?"Mandla: "They are lazy".
- "South Africa and the United States; two countries Separated by a Common Language."
- In the spy story homage chapter, Sean orders a martini, shaken, not stirred... and promptly spits it out and orders a beer.
- "But apart from fighting bad guys, peace of mind, crime fighting, the safety, defense and public safety, what have the Power Rangers ever done for us?"
- Maria shows off her Violently Protective Girlfriend side: "Don't! Touch! My! BOYFRIEND!"
Kevin: I'm glad she's on our side!
- Sean, Marty, Jimmy and Maria interrupting Ritchie's date.
- Sean's affectionate Crocodile Hunter impression.
- Hell, his reaction to Floki's identity is hilarious!
- The monster in chapter 12 getting involved in Sean and Maria's lover's spat.
- "WHERE'S THE FUCKING TEA!?"
- "And Knowing Is Half the Battle!" G.I. JOOOOOOEEE!!!
- Sean is signing autographs for Hitomi's friends:
Greg: How about those Packers?Sean: You want my autograph for not?Greg: Sorry.
- Túrelie's post-battle Villainous Breakdown that Arquen finds to be Actually Pretty Funny in an example of In-Universe Narm.
- Sean gets the last Christmas present:
Sean: "Alright, one more—what the— WHO THE FUCK BOUGHT ME CUBS SHIT!?"
- From the same episode, Arquen and Eruvanda dressed as Santa's Elves. Arquen is humiliated beyond belief, but Eruvanda is enjoying it.
- Anytime Ritchie is mistaken for being from India.
- Sean teasing Hitomi's new Love Interest Aamir about doing a "cheesy Bollywood dance scene" with Hitomi. He probably didn't mean it literally... Aamir's Delayed Reaction (a borderline Delayed Oh Crap!) is what sells it.
- The whole "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" sequence in the climax of Part 1 is both this and Crowning Moment of Awesome.
- "Jingle Bells, Ragnar smells, Ingvar laid an egg! The big bad elves lost again, 'cuz the Rangers kicked their ass!"
- Ritchie and Sean Lampshading their simultaneous Calling Your Attacks moment.
- Sean getting his sword embedded in the pavement might sound frustrating. But add snarky Excalibur comments and you've got yourself a routine!
- Sean trying to goad Phaedos by pretending he can't hear him.
- Sean and Ritchie singing the Malcolm in the Middle theme after Hitomi calls out her grandmother.
- Although it's followed by the elves releasing an information dump against their backers, Sean mocks the elves, making an I Can't Hear You joke.
- A gem from episode 42, Ritchie pretending to be a psychologist for Eruvanda, right down to the Freudian-ish psychology and fake German accent.
- Also this exchange:
Ritchie: "By the way, have you had cheese curds yet?"Sean: "Of COURSE she's had cheese curds, Metoxen! And cheesecake, and cheese fries, and cheeseburgers, and fondue, it's amazing she hasn't had a heart attack from all the cholesterol!"Later,Ritchie: "I'm gonna get some string cheese."Sean: "Aren't you gonna have a heart attack from all that cheese?"
- The Snark-to-Snark Combat between the two over baseball.
- Also this exchange:
- Maria fangirling after Hitomi all but came out of the closet.
- And Sean cementing his Deadpan Snarker status after Hitomi publicly comes out: "Well, cat's out of the bag."
- In GPX SIU, Sean, Maria and Aaron are at a bar and try out a punching machine. Their scores? Over six hundred! And they weren't even trying!
- In SIU episode 3, the Rangers go to a basketball game. Hilarity Ensues.
- The best part? This:
Go, Southern goThat's all the words we know
- The best part? This:
- This exchange:
Mandla/Aaron: "Are you going to follow me to lunch? You seem awfully interested in me."Hitomi: "I'll follow you to lunch, but I'm not that interested in you."Mandla/Aaron: "Am I ugly!?"Hitomi: "No, I'm just not that into you."Mandla/Aaron: "That would hurt even more."Sean: (Walking past and patting him on the shoulder): "Too bad dude."
- "Marty Meets Hitomi (And Her Stash)", a side story which has poor Marty discovering Hitomi's Yaoi Porn Stash. The poor bastard is so traumatized Maria chastises Hitomi... for not putting it in a safe place.