- One of the first comics had Forgath offering up a prayer to Herbert for a more challenging adventure, complaining that the last one was a cakewalk. Perhaps he should have chosen his words better.
Inscription around the fiery pit: Fine! Cakewalk this!
- How about Fumbles — sorry, Senor Vorpal Kickass'o — versus Minmax and his purple worm familiar?
Fumbles: AAAAH! A PURPLE WORM! HAVE AT THEE, FOUL BEAST!Minmax: Oh, God...*YANK*Minmax: AAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!
- Complains' reaction to Fumbles' class suggestion.
Complains: What? I don't have a temper.
Everyone: [hysterical laughter]
Big-Ears: "I'll get you Minmax! I swear by the foam coming out of my mouth that I'll get yoooouuuuu!"
- And moments later: "What kind of stupid name is Shaken-Unfairly?!"
- Forgath taking advantage of Minmax's illiteracy to toy with his head: "Nope. It says you're sexually attracted to small animals."
- THAT WAS MORE OGRE PISS!
- Also, one must not forget the hypothetical situation going out of hand.
- Complains and his reaction to learning how the humans make cheese.
- "They started pooping on everything."
- At one point, a Brassmoon elite guard named Tayshun is trying to persuade another that his cape is reasonable to wear. He claims it's a moon, while the other guard says it's a sun or a mace or something.
- "WE'RE NOT JUMPING OFF THIS ROOF TO OUR DEATHS! ... "We're jumping off that roof to our deaths. It's got a tree."
- "Are you high?!"
- Big Ears and Complains-Of-Names debate Strength Checks vs Dexterity Checks while trying to cross a raging river
Thaco: Y'know, if one of them gets washed away, I'm not going after them.
Chief: You kidding? I'm this close to ordering you, as your chief, to go drown them.
- Tied in with Speak of the Devil, this strip.
"Who else saw this coming?"
- When nobody listens to Saves-A-Fox's warning not to touch anything in the Well of Darkness, she loses her patience and this gem happens:
- Minmax's rather thoughtless but awesome action also doubles as his Crowning Moment of Funny... Twice. First up:
Dellyn: Minmax, I don't know what sorts of mistakes you've made in your life, but I promise you... That was the worst one.
Minmax: Nu-uh! I've done way dumber things!
- And then:
Dellyn: You have Improved Unarmed Strike?
Minmax: I got it by trading in my ability to rhyme on purpose.
Dellyn: What? That's not even... You can't just trade...
Minmax: Careful, Dellyn. I heard a rumour about those who die complaining about the rules.
- Furry mushroom.
- From here:
- And after they pull him free...
Forgath: Are you OK?
Minmax: I will be... As soon as I get my treasure!
(cue body check)
- "I'm TOTALLY gonna pee on this thing."
- And the reply — "Penis go boom."
- This page. This WHOLE page. Every freaking panel on this whole page. *gasp* Need... some... air...
- This guy's an idiot.
- Forgath's expression at the end of this strip is priceless!
- Just don't eat my legs, alright?
- MINMAX... BEGIN THE ANCIENT, DWARVEN INCANTATION! Combined with a Brick Joke: remember, Min Max traded in his ability to rhyme on purpose in exchange for a skill.
- All three comics where Minmax is playing in the hole in the wall. The last one especially, though, due to the alt-versions doing an immediate about-face.
- Then he uses it for something useful. Also a Crowning Moment of Awesome. Then the other shoe drops, since that was his belt...
- Kin having to help Minmax get dressed.
Minmax: This second shirt doesn't even have a hole for my head!
Kin: Those are pants!
- "The sword survived for ten-thousand winters and it took you a minute and a half to break it!"
- Later, Kin has more theories.
Forgath: Wait. Are you telling me that sword is powered by Minmax's stupidity?
Kin: Well, more accurately, his ignorance, but yes.
Forgath: By Herbert's dice! In Minmax's hands, that sword is insanely powerful.
Minmax: I don't get it.
- Senor Vorpal Kickasso creates filler content.
- Biscuit the Orc is unfazed by having been tortured for 600 years, because the members of his clan are trained to be absolutely blasť about anything that can happen to them. The only thing that matters, for them, is their clan. His reaction when he hears his clan had been wiped out 200 years ago ?
Biscuit: Meh. Oh well.
- Biscuit finds Fox, who is dying. He offers her one of the health potions in his mouth...and she uses half of her remaining life to WASH IT OFF before drinking!
- Biscuit is concerned that there may be side effects to drinking too much health potion. Quite concerned.
- "Pendulum!" "Oooh!" Arguably made funnier by the fact that the page has been editted. The four panel Reaction Shot? Was to Minmax's original, obscene Malapropism.
- Forgath's beard gets erased from history.
- Reality 214 from the Maze of Many. A hell-god takes over the world and everyone in this reality transcends to a new level of consciousness and enlightenment, beyond pain and past agony. The downside? The mere notions of goodness and compassion have been rendered nonexistent, demons roam the earth...
And third, this reality can never invent ice cream. I'm not even kidding, it's a mathematical certainty. You see, the tentacle reality has inadvertently proven that goodness is required to invent ice cream.
- Reality 169, where everyone am 9-16 feet tall, am talk good, get mad at every thing, and know quantum science.
- Psion Minmax makes the best Oh Crap faces.
- Symun, the amazing licking spider!
- Reality 201 has Lenny, the 280 ft giant golden monkey god, with two lines from his "Book Of Lenny". "Lenny is power. Lenny is might. But Lenny has trouble finding the sacrifice right. Also, Lenny is a monkey." Followed by "Lenny is patient. Lenny is wise. You know... for a monkey. But mostly, he... well, he's a monkey."
- Minmax seems to be rubbing off on Kin. Observe and compare.
- Are these your balls?
- Bowst, put out by the fact that Forgath is a higher-level character, uses his power as group leader to make Four become Two. Hilarity Ensues as Forgath is far too experienced in that sort of things due to Minmax.
Forgath: Oh, I've dealt with a guy like you betwo. So I can do this twoever.
Bowst: Aaah! Just forget it!
Forgath: Sure, Bowst, if that's what you want. I will twoget it. Consider it twogotten.
Bowst: Shut up, Forgath!
Idle: "Shut up Twogath."
Forgath: Aw, ya ninja'd me.
Idle: Hee I like you.
- Minmax teaches the Goblins how to properly search for a secret door. And it works!
- Minmax and Fumbles continue to get on well together.
Complains: Oh no... Now we have two of them.
- "I am SO embarrassed to have him as my nemesis." Honestly, between Minmax's stupidity and the deadpan reactions of the goblins, the whole page is hilarious.