Film: It Came From Hollywood
Chong: So what's this movie about, man?
Cheech:It Came from Hollywood
Oh, it's about all kinds of things, man - it's like a bunch of crazy movies, man, they put together...
is a 1982 comedy film compiling clips from various B Movies
. In 1982, years before the Internet and a time when home video was still just taking off, this film was basically a funny Clip Show
of old B movies that were still hard to find in that day and age.
Starring Cheech And Chong
, Dan Aykroyd
, Gilda Radner, and John Candy
in several framing segments, it fondly remembers and pokes fun at the genre in sections like Giants
and Little People
, Monsters, Brains, etc. Some connecting clips have a simple story like a little girl (Radner) on her bed talking about scary movies, or Cheech and Chong going to the movies and talking about the films as if they are watching them. At one point, John Candy hosts a short celebration of Ed Wood
.The movie is available to watch on YouTube here
Tropes in this film
- Big Eater: Tommy Chong spends a lot of time ordering at the snack bar.
- Human Resources: The brain makes a great cocktail garnish!
- I'm a Humanitarian: The Mad Scientist thinks brains are delicious, straight out of the deli case
- Inverted Trope: As The Incredible Shrinking Man is stalked by a cat, Cheech says "This is the first time in history the man gets eaten by the pussy!"
- 90% of Your Brain : The Mad Scientist says we only use 10%.
- No Talking Or Phones Warning: The movie starts out with one, and there is also a segment from an old theater bit saying to go easy on unnecessary affection.