Reptilicus is a 1961 Danish Kaiju movie, in the vein of Godzilla.It is notable for being the first and only Danish Kaiju film.Had a short lived adaptation from Charlton Comics, but because they bought the film rights from the American distributor and not the Danish creators, they had to drop the title after issue 2. The story continued, however as Reptisaurus.
- Antagonist Title
- Movie Posters Always Lie: The poster art for this movie showed a gigantic draconic monster ripping San Francisco apart, destroying the Golden Gate Bridge, and laying waste to US Navy ships. This was more exciting than anything in the actual movie itself.
- From a Single Cell: The whole of Reptilicus regenerates from its tail.
- Healing Factor. Ridiculous amounts of it. Not quite as bad as Cell but close.
- Hollywood Acid: The monster's main weapon, in the U.S. cut, aside from being a giant lizard of doom.
- Large Ham: Mikkelson
- Novelization: Written by Dean Owen, who also did the novelization for Konga. Owen adds in numerous sex scenes between the characters to spice things up.
- Never Recycle Your Schemes: The army learns in their first battle that Reptilicus is pretty vulnerable to fire. Yet in their second attack, they find excuses not to use flamethrowers again.
- Psycho Electric Eel: Played for laughs.
- Same Language Dub: The film was shot with the cast phonetically speaking their lines in English to make it easier to sell in America, but the cast's thick accents forced it's American distributors to re-dub the entire film.
- Technicolor Science: That's a rather interesting laboratory in the Akvarium.
- The End... Or Is It?: Yay! The army made Reptilicus swallow a poison missile, and now it's dead! Denmark can now go back to normal life! Except that the piece of Reptilicus severed by a depth charge is now twitching...