Film: Black Belt Jones
Black Belt Jones was a 1975 Blaxploitation Martial Arts Movie staring Jim Kelly (you know, the black guy from Enter the Dragon) directed by Robert Clouse (who also directed Enter the Dragon) and co-starring Scatman Crothers.In it, The Mafia wants to buy Papa Byrd's (Crothers) dojo for the land under it, but Pop won't budge. After Byrd is killed by the mob, Black Belt Jones, a former student of his comes back to town to pay his respects and get some justice for Papa Byrd's murder.This movie includes examples of:
- A Man Is Always Eager: This bit of dialogue:
- Black Belt Jones: "Take it? I could do that. But I don't need it that badly..."Sydney: "What are ya, a faggot? Why, you henhouse... My cookie would kill you..."
- The Ace: Black Belt Jones, of course.
- Action-Hogging Opening: The film opens with a bit of dialogue, then Jones jumping over a car and beating up a bunch of Mooks.
- Adjective Noun Fred: Black Belt Jones, which is apparently his actual name.
- Beard of Evil: Pinky's mighty beard.
- Blaxploitation: Duh.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Each side gets one in. Sydney is first with the "sick faggots"; Pinky's guys storm the karate school in response:
- "Sydney's a broad, man!""You mean a broad did this?"
- Elite Mooks: The Bogarts.
- Mook: "Bogarts?"Pinky: "Treacherous Niggas..."
- Killed Off for Real: Papa Byrd.
- N-Word Privileges: Par for the course in Blaxploitation...
- No Dead Body Poops: Averted at the start of the film. "Mark this down to five dollars a bottle - he shit his pants when he died."
- Precision F-Strike: "Who the FUCK just hit me?"
- "BATMAN, MuthaFUCKA!!!"
- Stay in the Kitchen: Jones' initial reaction to Sydney joining him on his Roaring Rampage of Revenge.
- Values Dissonance: Being a Blaxploitation film made in the 1970s, many modern viewers will be shocked by the film's casual racist dialogue referring to Italians, Blacks and Homosexuals not to mention dialogue that would now be considered sexist.