is 1991 comedy film written and directed by John Hughes
: his final film as director.
Bill (James Belushi) and Curly Sue (Alisan Porter) are a father-and-daughter team of con artists, who are taken in by lawyer Grey Ellison (Kelly Lynch) after she accidentally hits Bill with her car.
This film provides examples of:
- Character Title
- Family Versus Career: A question facing Grey.
- Flopsy: Bill tries to pull this on Grey, with Curly Sue playing the concerned bystander ("You've killed him!"). Then Grey accidentally hits him for real ("Now you've really killed him!").
- Little Miss Con Artist: Curly Sue.
- Running Gag: Bill being struck on the head.
- Spiritual Successor: To Paper Moon.
- Traumatic Haircut: At some point while in the custody of the child welfare authorities, Sue's trademark very long, curly hair is cut to about shoulder-length, which seems to also make it look poofier. "They cut my hair" are the first words out of her mouth when Grey comes for her.