Creator: James Belushi
James Adam "Jim" Belushi (born June 15, 1954) is an American actor, comedian and musician. He is best known for his title role of James "Jim" Orenthal on the American sitcom According to Jim. James is the late John Belushi's younger brother. Jim was also a cast member on Saturday Night Live during Dick Ebersol's turn as executive producer and showrunner (from 1983 to 1985, though Jim Belushi was temporarily fired due to not being funny enough). His recurring characters included Hank Rippy, the host of a call-in show called Hello, Trudy, Jesse Donnelly (an unlucky man, often mugged and robbed on the streets of New York City), and That White Guy (a middle-aged white man who can rap). Some of his celebrity impressions included Babe Ruth (whom his older brother also played on SNL), Hulk Hogan, Robert Keeshan (Captain Kangaroo), Arnold Schwarzenegger (back when he was an action film star), Pope John Paul II, and Willie Nelson.
Some of his most notable roles include:
- Simon the Monster Hunter in Aaahh!!! Real Monsters.
- Nick Morelli on CBS' The Defenders.
- Fang in Gargoyles.
- Coach Jack Wittenberg in Hey Arnold!.
- The Woodsman in Hoodwinked.
- The Mall Santa in the Christmas film Jingle All the Way.
- Dooley in the K-9 Trilogy (that's right... trilogy. The second and third went straight to video, though).
- Larry Burrows in Mr. Destiny.
- Art Ridzik in Red Heat.
- He's an alumnus of Saturday Night Live.
- Steve Wegman in "Total Security".
- Harvey, the man in the gorilla costume in Trading Places.
- Bert Gunkel in "Who's Watching The Kids".
- Phil Palmfeather in The Mighty Ducks (the animated series).
- Mr. Cross in Mighty 7.
- Takashi in the English dub of My Neighbors the Yamadas.
- "Brother" Zee Blues in some incarnations of The Blues Brothers
- Frank in Retroactive.
- Detective Frank Divinci in Gang Related.