is the final Script Fic
of the "Calvin and Hobbes
movie" trilogy by garfieldodie
, and also a part of the Calvinverse.
Calvin and Hobbes find themselves facing an old foe, so they attempt to escape their campsite... but something's up with their parents.
This fic provides examples of:
- Air-Vent Passageway: Calvin and Hobbes use the air ducts to get in Retro's ship.
- Anime Hair: Lampshaded - "You bet your spiky hair it's real."
- Big Bad: Retro again.
- Big "NO!": Calvin, after Hobbes is "un-imagined".
- Retro does one in Chapter 10.
- Brake Angrily: Shortly after the below Long List.
- Break the Cutie: Calvin, thanks to Retro's speech.
- Call Back: To Can You Imagine That?:
Retro: You may have ruined one part, but I can make a new Imaginator. I can make more pills. I have the technology, the know-how and the cool car. You may try to stop me, but you know you won't.
- Cassandra Truth: Finally subverted with Uncle Max.
- Continuity Cavalcade: Part of Chapter 5 has Calvin listing all the things he and Hobbes had done - both in the original strip and Garfieldodie's previous fics.
- Crapsack World: Retropia.
- Disney Death: Hobbes, ala Calvin and Hobbes: The Movie.
- Doomy Dooms of Doom: Chapter 3 - "The Vacation Spot of Doom".
- Egopolis: Retropia (one of Retro's possible names for Earth under his command).
- Extreme Omnivore: "The couch was pretty comfy though. Tasty, too."
- Fainting: Lampshaded.
Hobbes: You know, if you feel the urge to pass out on the floor in shock, feel free.
Uncle Max: I think I will. Someone get behind me.
- Gosh Darn It to Heck!: Calvin actually uses the first two words in Chapter 3.
- Incredibly Lame Pun:
With one last ditch-effort, pardon the pun, our hero takes out his blaster and fires repeatedly at the aliens.
- Inkblot Test: Calvin undergoes one.
- Long List:
Calvin: Yeah, except for the poison ivy, dry spam, cold waters, lumpy sleeping bags, wild animals, dampness, blistering sun, blistered ankles, cuts and bruises, shortage of real food, endless rain, mosquitoes, malaria, hypothermia, pneumonia, your dumb character speeches, your dumb early-bird thing, gutting the fish, getting stuck on a boat with you yammering, the bad running distance from the tents to the canoe, the intolerable winds that occur at noon, your inability to make a campfire, actually eating what's in the duffel bag, losing half the luggage on the way home, the creepy guy at the canoe rental shack, the idiotic campfire songs, the no TV, and the fact that you can't camp to save your life, there should be no worries.
- Mr. Imagination: Deconstructed somewhat.
- Mythology Gag: Chapter 1 is almost entirely composed of these.
- No Indoor Voice: Lampshaded.
"WHOA!" Calvin shouted.
"WHAT WAS THAT?" shouted Hobbes.
"I DON'T KNOW!"
"MAN, WAS IT EVER FAST!"
"YEAH, I CAN BARELY SEE IT NOW!"
"I THINK I LOST MY HAT!"
"WHAT SHOULD WE DO?"
"I DON'T KNOW!"
"HEY, WHY ARE WE YELLING?"
"BECAUSE, WE— I dunno."
- Nothing Is the Same Anymore: In a good way. Though the Imaginator is destroyed, people now realize Calvin's imagination and thus treat him a little better.
- Overly-Long Gag:
Hobbes: I'd say it's a tree, just like that one and that one and that one and that one and that one and that one and that one and that one and that one and that one and that one…
—> Calvin: Not that, that, that, that, that, that, that, that, that, that, that and that. I meant that!
- The Plague: Retro's pills induce this.
- The Power of Rock: Ala Calvin and Hobbes: The Movie, though it's a full band this time.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech:
Retro: Of course not! You're an idiotic child. This tiger isn't a real tiger. He's a toy powered to be real by your imagination! That's why I did the whole Dr. Griffin thing. If I separated you two and helped you realize what a lie your life has been, you'd lose confidence in yourself, and I'd eliminate you once and for all.
- Shout-Out: "They just went where no man has gone before."
- Sickly Green Glow: Anything with the pills produces this effect.
- Unishment and You Are Grounded:
Dad: You're grounded. When we get to the campsite, you can't leave the tent.