Fanfic / The Omega Chronicles
"Omega, the God of Destruction. Defeated by Zero in 22XX,his name faded from history. Now, centuries later, the legendary crimson destroyer is back, and ready to raise a new kind of hell on a world that has all but forgotten him! BRING IT!"—Synopsis
Set after Mega Man ZX Advent
, The Omega Chronicles: Rise of the Red Rebellion
(referred to as the Chronicles for short) starts off with cash-strapped Hunter Celtis Gisborne-Wingates Arcana (Celtis for short) trying to find so-called Lost Technology in order to gain a get a HUGE paycheck from Legion. (They really like Lost Tech.) While searching for leads and a place to start, she eventually locates Area N from Mega Man ZX
. After getting deep inside she comes across a capsule containing a certain God of Destruction who we all thought had bought the chicken farm in Mega Man Zero 3
Then he wakes up.
Insanity ensues. Witty banter, awesome and well constructed battle scenes that come with their own music from various games, anime, etc, epic weaponry that can count as crossovers on some level, and breaks from the adrenaline rush when necessary, this has to be one of the most well-written Mega Man fanfics in history.
So, grab a seat, open the first chapter, and brace yourselves for a ride that only the author can offer.
You will not be disappointed!
The Omega Chronicles: Rise of the Red Rebellion employs the following tropes:
- A God Am I: Omega (to a degree) and more than a few of his recent enemies.
- Arm Cannon: Vile got one in the form of...
- Gatling Good: A gattling gun. In addition to having long-barreled cannons capable of hitting as hard as artillery shells.
- Ascended Fanboy: Ace Phoenix. A self-proclaimed otaku, he possesses a practical mountain of anime, manga, and video games (which can now qualify as antiques in the ZX-era) but he also leads Legion’s Security Forces. In addition to this, he's the leader of a secret corporation using said corporation's resources to build the various technologies and gimmicks he's read about in his collection, such as an F-Zero racer.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: Black Thresher is colossal, explicitly stated to be nearly two kilometers long!
- Authority Equals Asskicking: The Commander of Legion's Security Division, Ace Phoenix, hands down.
- Ax-Crazy: Omega, right off the bat. It's mostly played for laughs.
- Model O starts out serious but with time and Celtis getting to know it, becomes sort of comical.
- Back from the Dead: Omega (again). He’s the main character. Not to mention Marino, Cinnamon, Vile, Craft, Colonel, and Fighting Fefnir. How, you ask? Omega’s case is still shrouded in mystery, but the others were brought using the same technology used for Boss Rush in just about every Mega Man game to date, only now it belongs to the good guys.
- Badass Longcoat: Omega has this. Always.
- Ace also has his trademark scarlet longcoat, hence the nickname of Scarlet Phoenix. Justified for Ace since it doubles as very effective armor.
- There's also the new Colonel-Commissar of Legion who has one of these as well.
- Berserk Button: Never, ever call Omega a faker. The same applies for Ace if you suggest the reason that ACE employees are mostly women is because he wanted a harem.
- Gilgamesh (in the similar named Factor) does not respond well to 'faker', to the point of lifting the restrictions on it.
- The Sigma virus for Vile.
- The Berserker: Model O.
- BFG: Craft's gun, Neige. Omega's Supreme Buster also counts.
- BFS: Omega's Zweihander and Colonel's Crux Adjudicator.
- Big Brother Instinct: Vile, of all people. When he heard that Omega told Rika about the Internet, what does he do?
Vile swore to any god that was listening that the next time he saw Omega, he was going to beat his face in with a modem.
Then, he was going to install a bloody parental control on the network connection back at his home base.
- Big Damn Heroes: Pretty much every character gets one of these at some point. The most memorable ones thus far can probably be found in the last chapter of the Black Thresher battle arc.
- Blood Knight: Omega and Lieutenant Disaster aka Fefnir.
- Blue Oni Red Oni: Vent and Aile, with Vent being the red one and Aile being the blue one. Also Ace and Marino, with the latter being more responsible than the former.
- Colonel and Fefnir also count. The latter is hot blooded and a Blood Knight, the former is stoic and very distant. Except when he goes into battle, where his Hamminess is up there with Omega and Fefnir.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Omega, since he starts humming his theme song, and starts ranting that if he had been in the fight during the High-Speed Battle against Black Thresher, it would have ended two chapters ago. Also when he states that "We already tried that in Chapter 10" and proceeds to deny saying anything seconds later.
- Breather Episode: After every major battle in the story, there is usually one of these. Or two, depending on just how many chapters made up the battle scene. For example, after five straight chapters of intense battle and GAR overload against Black Thresher, the characters now have to deal with the aftermath.
- Of course, as the chapter ends with Omega and Disaster deciding to go off and have some fun...
- Butt Monkey: Celtis, who has a way of suffering from comically bad things very often.
- Chain of Command: Part of Queenbee's outfit.
- Character Filibuster: Ace Phoenix frequently drops these throughout. To the author's credit, it's implied that Ace has spent years, possibly DECADES, researching the topics in question. Also frequently lampshaded by the other characters.
- Chest Blaster: Ferham got one, called the Tera Fire Blaster.
- Which also doubles as a Shout-Out to the awesome Mazinger/Mazinkaiser Super Robot series.
- Vile also got one. In the form of a reactor canon.
- Chick Magnet: Omega. Very, very much so. To the extent that Celtis has lampshaded it several times.
- Coat, Hat, Mask: Vile's casual look. He thinks of it as a "Texas Ranger" look.
- Colonel Badass: Colonel, duh.
- Combat Tentacles: How Calam Krakatoa fights.
- Combination Attack: Vent and Ace did, in Vent's words, "double flaming-drop-kicked a hundred-foot-tall giant ghost shark made out of fucking LIGHTNING into the dirt so hard it triggered a volcanic eruption and an earthquake at the same time."
- Cool Big Sis: Rika is trying to act as this for Pandora. So far, it seems she's successful to an extent.
- Cool Bike: Ibelis's bike, an XGRA Templar; Craft's Dullahan and Omega's ride, the Iron Vulture (a modified Ride Chaser that looks like the Vulture hover bike from Starcraft)
- Cool Car: Ace's cobalt blue Lamborghini which can turn into a F-Zero racer. Vent's Vizier also counts.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: Nana.
- Cuteness Overload: Ace has a severe nosebleed upon having the mental image of Pandora and Rika doing the Caramelldansen.
- Queenbee often has this effect on Ayano
- Even Omega has an explosive one upon Red requesting he take "responsibility" for stealing her first kiss.
- Cut Lex Luthor a Check: Lampshaded at one point. Red, Gemini Cyto's 'emulator', admits while musing to herself that she could probably go into tech support and make a decent living due to the fact that her being a Zone Technician means she could easily dominate in that field, but doesn't because she would be overqualified.
- Doorstopper: At over half a million words, you bet it is.
- Drives Like Crazy: Again Nana.
- Also, Model O during the FFA Rally. Pretty much every single one of the competitors involved was guilty of this, but Model O takes the prize and runs away with it while laughing insanely.
- Dynamic Entry: Omega (seeing the pattern, folks?) when he has himself transported above the battlefield just so he can sky dive/drop kick a single lizard Mechaniloid.
- Ace with an F-Zero machine.
- And again, Colonel and Fefnir as of the final chapter of the Black Thresher battle arc..
- Eldritch Abomination: The Dead Ends, the souls of reploids kept alive by an intense denial of the fact that they were killed at some point in their life, gaining unimaginable power in the process.
- Everything's Even Worse with Sharks: Black Thresher's outer shell is shaped like a massive black thresher shark.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Omega, of all people. Despite being a Jerkass, a womanizer, and an all around arrogant prick, he absolutely hates people who treat other people as nothing more than slaves (stemming from the time he spent controlled by Weil), and never has sex with a woman who doesn't want to do it of her own free will.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Omega, for a certain value of love with Queenbee. Even though he tends to treat her more like a servant than anything, he is still respectful to her (well, as respectful as someone like Omega can be) and would destroy anyone foolish enough to try and hurt her.
- Expecting Someone Taller: Vile to Calam in chapter 15.
- Heel–Face Turn: Considering their pasts, Vile and Omega did this in a rather large way since their resurrection.
- The Faceless: Vile.
- Flat "What.": Vile's reaction upon discovering that Calam is female.
- This is actually one of Vile's trademark lines, as pretty much every insane situation involves him saying it at least once. Case in point:
Vent: Right...so, just why is it exactly you needed a reality check?
Ace: Because apparently Vesper Royale's old Templar bike has come to life, and is swimming all around Ibelis Royale's ward like a motherfucking dolphin.
- Craft's reaction after seeing Omega kissing Gemini Cyto's 'emulator' right after unmasking her. Right in front of everyone.
- Gag Boobs: Vix, Nana, Syrene, Celtis (during her Model O megamerge)... there is quite the lineup here!
- Gorgeous Gorgon: Syrene Nagato. Although to be fair, this is simply due to her model of Reploid body.
- Guns Akimbo: Model O possessing Celtis once fought like this, duplicating the data of the O-Buster
- Dual Wielding: Model O then ejected the two O-Sabers stored inside each Buster, using both of them at the same time
- Guns vs. Swords: Craft vs Colonel. BFG vs BFS.
- Hand Cannon: Celtis's Hades handgun.
- Ham-to-Ham Combat: Every single fight is basically this trope. Hell, this trope is basically 50% of the fic. It's a wonder that the characters haven't died from testosterone poisoning because of the ham they generate in their fights.
- Happily Married: Harpuia and Leviathan, of all people.
- Honor Before Reason: In his 'spar' with Omega, he use his original knuckle basters as opposed to the upgraded model he has. Doesn't stop him however from unveiling his heat absorbing ability, which enables him to use Ice attacks.
- Ace also suffers from this largely from the fact he downgraded himself from a full on combat reploid body to a bio-organic one, which doesn't help against his fights with Vent (a biometal empowered human)
- Hot-Blooded: A LOT of characters are guilty of this. Omega, Lieutenant Disaster, Vent, Ace, Ashe...
- Hyperspace Arsenal: The Gilgamesh Factor allows Omega to store multiple weapons in cyberspace. Which leads to
- Storm of Blades: One of Omega's MO. Too bad that there is a limit on the number of blades/weapons thrown...
- I Love You Because I Can't Control You: Omega to Ciel, in the oneshot side-story No Regrets, found on the author's profile.
- Kitsune: Celtis's friend, Vix, is a kitsune type Reploid.
- Lady and Knight: Vile and Pandora
- Large Ham: Again, Omega. In spades.
- Also Ace, whenever he gets a chance.
- And more recently, Vent.
- Pssh, saying just those guys are hammy is an Understatement and extremely narrow in perspective. As said in World of Ham below, the characters who aren't hammy can be counted on one hand. But Colenel take's the prize in this fic. He's so hammy that he make's every single character in this fic seems like The Stoic in comparision! He's so hammy that his very EXISTENCE seems to generate pork! He's practically a living ham factory!
- Let Us Never Speak of This Again: Vent and Ace, after they both performed the same move on the same opponent.
- Longest Prologue Ever: After 42 chapters, the author revealed that the entire story up to that point... Was just the prologue.
- Mad Scientist's Beautiful Daughter: Gate and Queenbee, in a way.
- Mental World: Omega has one of these when he and Kitara search for the program that enables him to use the Gate of Babylon transfer program, namely the Gilgamesh Factor.
- Which is yet another Shout-Out to the King of Heroes from Fate/stay night.
- Of course, Omega is there just to make sure Kitara doesn't find any memories that give away the fact that he's the God of Destruction.
- More Dakka: Vile's casual look has more firepower than his armored one. (4 photon laser on his shoulders, 2 monstrous revolvers in his hand, 1 reactor canon on his chest).
- Mundane Utility: Craft's bike has a coffee maker built into it. Lampshaded by Ashe.
- Mysterious Benefactor: Omega gets one.
- Nanomachines: Rika, Unit V's second member, is composed of this.
- Shapeshifting: One of the main abilities that she uses.
- Omega has his own which he can use to heal others, mainly though a kiss. Queenbee does similar later on with Ayano.
- Not So Different: Vent and Ace. Hot headed, hot blooded, commander of their respective forces with a saner vice commander to ensure that said commanders don't accidentally blow up everything.
- Although, never mention this to either one of them, as both commanders will deny it, punch you in the face, and set about trying to light one another on fire.
- Only Sane Man: Vile. Well, in comparison to the rest of the cast, anyway... Celtis is also shaping up to be this (again, in comparison to the rest of the cast.) Craft is generally one as well, even with his fondness of coffee.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: When he sees how Gates treats his Pseudoroid, Omega goes from hammy and hotblooded to far more serious.
- Person of Mass Destruction: Omega and Fenfir revel in cutting lose and wrecking stuff while Ashe ends up an unwitting one for a time, having a Nuclear Fusion core in her chest, barely kept in check by model O
- Powered Armor: Used by Unit V. In a big way.
- The Prankster: Thetis.
- Rescue Romance: There's a subtleimplication that Pandora has/is developing a crush on Vile, who rescued her from Raiders when she first woke up and lacked her powers.
- Samus Is a Girl: Gemini Cyto's 'emulator', Red (not to be confused with the Red from Mega Man X7).
- Serial Escalation: Word of God says that the first forty-one chapters are nothing but the introduction to establish The Verse.
- Shoulder Cannon: Vile. It's pretty much his signature weapon.
- Shout-Out: Omega has Excalibur. Fate/stay night's Excalibur. AND Gilgamesh's Gate of Babylon. Not to mention Ace decided to build an F-Zero machine for his own Dynamic Entry, plus his constant references to other anime series. Also, the Colonel's Crux Adjudicator is a Shout-Out to Trigun's Cross Punisher. One can only wonder what this implies...
- Hell, Colonel himself is a Shout-Out. BFS? Check. Badass Creed? Check. Single-Stroke Battle? Check. Reminds you of a certain mech pilot?
- "I am Colonel Commissar! The sword that punishes the guilty!"
- Vile's first fight in the story has him packing a Crucio siege tank.
- Ace secretly had a giant robot built, one with a Lamborghini for a head. The love letter to Megas XLR doesn't stop there.
- In his recent fight against Gemini Cyto, Omega gleefully Master Sparks his opponent.
- '''ZA WARUDO!'''
- Vent also Zerg-rushes Gemini Cyto by using Cyberspace and his imagination to materialize a zergling horde
- Shrinking Violet: PANDORA, of all people, has shades of this.
- Stalker with a Crush: Ibelis and Red.
- Stripperiffic: Queenbee, Syrene Nagato, and Vix. Kitara also counts wearing usually just a bikini and jacket.
- All of whom are proud members of the God of Destruction's ever expanding harem. Omega, you lucky...
- Sword Beam: Omega got Excalibur. What did you expect?
- The Tease: Vix, a kitsune reploid and friend of Celtis who works as a weapons dealer.
- Theme Song Power Up: Any and ALL characters who get to have their Moment of Epic come with a song of some sort to accompany them.
- There Is No Kill Like Overkill: Again, Omega. He IS the God of Destruction, after all. Heck, “Overkill” is probably his middle name. Celtis when she disintegrates a boss(in one shot, too.) seeking vengeance for his brother, who was actually killed by Omega. Hmm… maybe he was better off, after all.
- Not to mention Vile, though this is mainly in regards to The Sigma Virus
- Also don't forget the Colonel. Zengar Zombolt, is that you?
- Fenfir would also apply as he has no concept of moderation.
- Too Many Belts: Queenbee's outfit.
- Tranquil Fury: Vile definitely pulls this off time and again. As if that weren't enough, Dissonant Serenity leaps abound with it.
- Tsundere: So far, we've got Marino and Ashe. Both show sign of being Type B, with Marino being tsun tsun toward Ace and Ashe the same toward Omega.
- Except it seems to be considerably more physical in Ashe's case...
- Unsettling Gender Reveal: Reverse Gender. Calam Krakatoa, the Raider that has a reputation of doing perverted stuff to female opponents? Yeah, 'he' turns out to be a 'she'
- Whip It Good: Ferham.
- The Worf Effect: Great Redips' debut also featured a complete devastation of many Legion sectors, the instant death of the real Gemini Cyto, crippling the entire band with one move, and very nearly destroyed Omega with minimal effort. Damn. Justified by the fact that Great Redips an Eldritch Abomination. They were lucky they even lived at all, really.
- Also justified that he wore them out using some pawns and swooping in.
- World of Ham. GOOD LORD, YES! This fic has so much ham in it. It only takes a few seconds for any character to reach ARMSTROMG WORTHY HAM, AND THEN SURPASSES IT BY A GOOGLEPLEX! Seriously, the characters who don't ham things up can be counted on one hand.