Rise of the Chosen
is a Megaman ZX fanfic currently being written by Ainrhyr, focusing primarily on Aile as opposed to either Vent alone or both of the siblings together.
The story starts out following the ZX storyline, with Aile coming into possession of Model X. It doesn't take long for other factors to enter the equation, however: Aile needing to learn exactly how to use the powers she now possesses; a mysterious figure whose true motives are difficult for friend and foe alike to ascertain; the development of some of the named Guardians as characters, and that's all that can be said without giving too much away. It takes what we know of the game, blends things together that hadn't been there previously, and comes off as an enjoyable way of passing the time.
The fanfic can be found here.
This story contains examples of:
- Action Girl — Aile, naturally. And Prairie.
- A Day in the Limelight — Cedre, originally stationed at the Guardian Base for the good of others, is instrumental in Fistleo's defeat and later manages to survive an encounter with Flammole (this last one with help).
- Ascended Extra — Colbor, who originally existed to be rescued from Harpuia in Megaman Zero, returns as one of the Guardians' best commanders, second only to Prairie.
- Casual Danger Dialogue — Prometheus engages in a bit of this before his fight with Aile aboard the Guardian Base.
- Character Development — The reason why Giro made his Heroic Sacrifice the way he did is explored in further detail. Some of the Guardians' personalities follow suit over time.
- Deadpan Snarker — Zero.
- Fiery Redhead — Cedre, for more than the obvious reasons.
- Genki Girl — The OC Lateral, although the reason for this invokes more sympathy than humor. Because she acts the way she does, only Colbor, Cedre, and Aile can put up with her for long.
- Mad Scientist — Lateral, whose default personality is mostly insane with a one-percent chance of rationality, tries to install an enormous cannon on the Guardian Base before Prairie puts the kabosh on that idea.
- Only Sane Man — Model X. See below.
- Sibling Rivalry — Five of the six Biometals tend to bicker with each other constantly. This exasparates Model X to no end.
- The Prankster — Aile, as Fleuve finds out firsthand. It is implied that Giro was also like this during his time with the Guardians.
- There Is No Kill Like Overkill — After Aile finishes the mission in Area E, Cedre actively tries to shoot down the rescued cyber elves with her bazooka. Prairie was not happy.
- Also, Fefnir's idea of superior firepower. Poor Protectos.
- Worthy Opponent — During their battle Omega certainly considers Aile to be this, acknowledging her abilities when she does something noteworthy and congratulating her at the fight's end.