Fan Fic / Elfen Lied Children Of Destruction
One day, while walking on the beach, childhood friends and cousins Kouta and Yuka find three mysterious individuals: a naked young woman
with pink hair and a pair of cat-ear shaped horns
, a little boy
, and a severely beaten up adolescent youth. Little do the two cousins know that the girl and the two boys possess more power than the world's entire armies
and the events conspiring to draw them into the center of a web of treachery and deceit. A storm is brewing beneath the seemingly calm surface, and will they survive, or... will they fall?Elfen Lied
: Children of Destruction
is an Elfen Lied
and Dragon Ball Z Crossover Fan Fic
written by LSSJ2 Gohan
- Accidental Pervert: Poor, poor Kouta-kun... no matter which story he's in, he still gets hit with this trope hard. Gohan to a lesser extent as well.
- Adaptation Expansion: The series has added some to the Unknown Man, stating that he's Kakuzawa's nephew (fans did speculate in canon that they were related, but the series never said anything about it), and that he used to work as a hitman.
- All Men Are Perverts: Almost every male in Gohan's classroom outside the main characters.
- All the male protagonists are this, thought Gohan's split personalities being this way is NOT Played for Laughs.
- All Women Are Lustful: Almost every female in Gohan's classroom outside the main characters.
- Anything That Moves: Nyuu, like in canon.
- Apocalypse How: Gohan and Goten end up on the same beach where Kouta and Yuka first encounter Lucy as adults. Early on, nothing is directly stated about what happened to the AU Dragonball-verse they came from, except that it cannot be returned to. But when one considers the galactic scope of the people Gohan's friends and family knew, the fact that they fled the universe entirely places what might have happened somewhere in the Class X: Planetary Annihilation to Class X-4: Universal Destruction ranges.
- Artificial Limbs: Nana has two, a leg and an arm, but was spared her canon fate of losing all her limbs when Gohan intervened. Bando also has some after his encounter with Lucy.
- Attempted Rape/Near-Rape Experience: After Oniari, who has taken over Gohan's body, beats the living crap out of Lucy, Makai surfaces and makes it abundantly clear that rape is one of the many things he plans on doing to her as he tortures her to death. He's only stopped from doing so by Gohan regaining control of his body.
- Ax-Crazy: Bando, like in canon. Also Lucy and the Unknown Man.
- Berserk Button: Harm an innocent in front of Gohan, in particular Mayu or Nana, and he will make you regret it. That is, if Oniari or Makai don't take this chance to seize control of him and do the job themselves.
- Hurt Kouta in front of Kaede/Lucy/Nyuu. Go ahead, I dare you.
- Threaten Kurama or Gohan in front of Nana. See what happens.
- Some people have attempted to openly flirt with and seduce Nana or Gohan. Mayu doesn't like that. Not. One. Bit.
- Big "NO!": When Gohan sees Lucy slicing Nana.
- Black Comedy Rape: Nyuu does this in a few different chapters. While her sexual harassment of other characters is always treated fairly seriously, the situations involved are so over the top that it's hard for the viewer not to laugh.
- Blood Knight: Gohan's Split Personalities, Oniari and Makai. The slipelit Juuichi actually breaks out of her holding cell, just so that she can test her ever increasing combat abilities against the research facility's security. It's even outright stated that it wasn't the first time she'd done so either. And of course, Bando.
- Boring Invincible Hero: It's Gohan of all people, folks, what did you expect from taking him from an action series full of characters that can effortlessly destroy planets with their hands and put him in a series where all the cast can die from bullets?
- Break the Cutie: Several cuties, actually.
- Played straight and deconstructed with Gohan. In comparison with the original series, he actually does get broken over his traumatic childhood experiences. This eventually leads to Gohan making several mistakes that result in the deaths of his friends, most of his family and the destruction of his homeworld. It effects Gohan immensely at the start of the story and causes him to be highly critical and over jugdemental of his actions. After moving into Maple House, he slowly starts to get better.
- Mayu is already broken at her introductory chapter. Being raped by your stepfather, betrayed by your own mother when you finally tell her what happened, being forced to run away from your home to escape it all, then having your only friend taken away will do that to you... oh, and said child molesting stepfather finding you after running away. Like Gohan, after moving into Maple House she slowly starts to get better.
- Lucy. Enough said.
- Inverted with Nana. Despite her harsh life in the facility, she is probably the most optimistic girl you'll ever meet.
- Inverted with Juuichi. Instead of breaking under the facilities experiments, she grows stronger, both physically and mentally, to the point of developing a cocky and haughty personality that takes great pride in not only having survived, but even thrived in the harsh evironment.
- Can Not Spit It Out: Gohan and Mayu, who so obviously have feelings for one another, to the point that one of the minor side characters points it out, with predictable results.
- Chick Magnet: To Gohan's confusion/embarrassment, he gets more fangirls after he's seen wearing only a pair of swim trunks at the school pool.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Yuka and Lucy, just like in the original material, show this in spades towards Kouta. Thanks to helping her come to terms with the rape she suffered at the hands of her stepfather, Mayu becomes some variation of this trope towards Gohan. This is justified by him being the only man, or any person really, that she has complete trust in. Nana too, to a lesser degree, and also towards Gohan.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Gohan has, so far, won every battle he's fought in without putting any real effort into it.
- Darker and Edgier: Some of the stories scenes are more explicit than the canon material. One notable instance is Mayu being raped by her stepfather. The scene is described in great detail.
- Death Glare: Lucy gives a particularly frightening one, mainly because death soon follows, making this a literal Death Glare.
- Enemy Within: Gohan's Split Personality, Makai. Also the Diclonii's DNA Voice.
- Europeans Are Kinky: Strongly implied with the class's sex ed teacher.
- Eye Scream: Like in canon, Lucy punctures Bando's eyes. She also greatly damages one of Kurama's eyes, although the damage is reparable.
- Fanservice: Oh boy, where do we even begin...
- Fan Disservice: Mayu after she was raped is NOT described as pleasant sight to look despite her being naked, due to her being covered in cuts and bruises.
- Fantastic Racism: Humans against Diclonii and vice versa. Oniari also tends to look down on any non-Saiyan.
- Full-Frontal Assault: Again, Lucy escapes the facility without a stitch of clothing on...
- Genius Bruiser: Gohan, obviously.
- Genre Savvy: Gohan has managed to be this, figuring out Nyuu and Lucy are split personalities due to himself being in a similar situation.
- Groin Attack: Gohan incinerates Mayu's stepfathers genitals as punishment for raping her.
- Healing Factor: Within hours after beating up Lucy, Gohan sees most of the wounds healing across Nyuu's naked body...
- Healing Hands: Apparently, Gohan got Dende to teach him a thing or two. He notes that he's nowhere nearly as good as Dende, since it takes longer for him to heal non-lethal than it does Dende to heal near fatal ones.
- I Didn't Mean to Turn You On: Deconstructed and played for drama in chapter 7, when Gohan's Healing Hands have this side effect on Mayu, a victim of rape. The results are, understandably, not pretty.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: What Gohan thinks.
- Immune to Bullets: Gohan, as some unfortunate SAT operatives find out. Also, the Diclonii can use their vectors to block bullets, though they are rendered useless against heavier rounds such as shotguns and anti-tank missiles.
- Innocent Fanservice Girl: In this version, Nana is one (though she in canon she didn't have problems walking around naked either). Nyuu is still one as well.
- Ki Attacks: It IS a DBZ crossover fanfic. What did you expect?
- Lighter and Softer: While much of the story is just as dark as the canon material, a lot of scenes are also much more heartwarming. If fact, it seems with every chapter, the story gets a little less scary and a lot more comedic. Although, considering the two series this story is made after, I wouldn't count on this lasting forever.
- Losing Your Head
- Luminescent Blush: When Yuka is forced to give Nana-san the talk.
- Meaningful Name: Adam, Kaede's half-brother.
- Mugging the Monster: In chapter 2, one of the many things that sidetracks Gohan from looking for Nyuu after she heads to the beach is a gang of thugs, who of course assume he's harmless. Turns into Bullying a Dragon when they still try to fight him after he literally breaks one of their faces with one kick.
- Mythology Gag: In one scene, Nyuu and Goten are shown trying to fix a grandfather clock. Another is when Kouta gives Nozomi a music box to help her with teaching Nyuu how to sing Lilium.
- Necessary Evil: How Kurama and many other facility members view caging the Diclonii and torturing them.
- Nice Guy: Gohan and Kouta.
- Nigh Invulnerable: Gohan, though given what he's likely to face, for all intents and purposes, you might as well drop the "nigh" part.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Gohan gives Mayu's stepfather a rather vicious one after he catches him in the act of raping Mayu.
- No One Could Survive That: Lucy assumes Gohan couldn't survive being buried under a pile of tombstones after she pummeled him. Gohan is quick to prove her wrong in classic Dragon Ball Z fashion. He even lampshades that an attack like that is nothing to him.
- No Sell: Gohan does this to everything characters in this series throw at him. Lucy even pushes harder and lets loose four addition vectors against him with far greater strength than what she had before. This does nothing.
- Only Sane Man: Yuka, just like in canon, is the only mentally stable and normal person in a house full of oddballs, though her jealousy for Kouta tends to get the best of her at times.
- Oh Crap!: Lucy's reaction(s) to Gohan during their fight when she finds she can't hurt him.
- Original Character: Oniari is a split personality who is an arrogant jackass who looks out for Gohan because of his own selfish reasons. Makai is another split personality that constantly tries to break Gohan to gain permanent control of him. Kazegawa is a human scientist who works at the Diclonious Research Institute and doesn't agree with the harsh treatment of the Diclonii. He does what little he can to try and make their lives more bearable. Slipelit Number 11, aka Juuichi, is a Diclonious who, unlike many others, developed a cocky and haughty personality. She has great pride in her strength as a Diclonious and takes to the humans' experiment with glee, considering them tests worthy of her species abilities.
- Outside-Context Problem: Gohan. Nobody in this world expects him, and none of them can stop him.
- Person of Mass Destruction: Several, actually. First we have the Saiyans, who can literally blow up the planet with minimal ease, and then we have the Diclonii, who spread their genes via infecting human males and plan to replace humanity with a new race of people.
- Potty Emergency: Nozomi has to wear diapers because she pees herself.
- Proud Warrior Race Guy: Gohan's split personality, Oniari. Juuichi is a Slipelit who takes extreme pride in her Diclonious heritage and the combat abilities that come with it.
- Psycho for Hire: Bando & The Unknown Man.
- Puppy-Dog Eyes: Gohan proves why this is such an effective trope in chapter 6.
- Rape as Drama: Mayu gets hit with this even harder than the original canon material. It's one of the few well written examples in fanfics and also serves as a plot point of Mayu building trust with Gohan.
- Redshirt Army: Heavily armored soldiers with machine guns, who would normally be very effective against other human armies, tend to fall into this category when facing a Diclonius or one of the Saiyans.
- Shipper on Deck: A rather twisted example. Oniari insists that Gohan should hook up with any of the girls they live with. He's not doing it out of a genuine desire to make him happy, though. He just wants a womb to harbor more Saiyan hybrids and eventually have them interbreed to rebuild the Saiyan lineage.
- Shoot Everything That Moves: Bando's modus operandi.
- Shout-Out: To some jokes in Dragon Ball Z Abridged, with Goten calling Gohan a nerd and saying that Piccolo called him that, and the one when one of Gohan's female classmates is asking him out, he says "I need an adult." Another made to Hellsing about hiring mercenaries with questionable backgrounds, with Hellsing being depicted as a Show Within a Show.
- Shown Their Work: The writer claims this, saying he studies on actual rape victims before having the scene where Mayu is raped.
- Superpowered Evil Side: Asides from Lucy being this to Nyuu, as well the DNA voice apparently inherent in all Diclonii we have the shocking example of Gohan having not one, but two of these: Oniari (Essentially embodying what Gohan becomes when he goes Super Saiyan 2) and Makai, who crosses straight into Enemy Within.
- Split Personality: Many.
- We have Lucy + Nyuu + DNA Voice.
- And then there's Gohan + Oniari + Makai.
- Take Over the World: Kakuzawa's eventual plan. How it differs from canon remains to be seen...
- Twice Told Tale: Despite Gohan and Goten's presence, the story is recognizably that of Elfen Lied; they don't so much divert the flow as become part of it, and even the divergences keep it within what any EL fan would know; for example, when Kouta allows Professor Kakuzawa to take Nyu, Mayu still questions the Professor's story, while Gohan is outright furious with Kouta - as he might be with a certain also-gullible deceased father.
- Though as an interesting note, the story has used bits from both the manga and the anime, though so far it things from the anime have been limited to moments of Nyuu groping, Lilium and the Music Box (now used with, and not as replacement for, Nozomi).
- Worthy Opponent: How Juuichi views the humans at the facility.
- Would Hit a Girl: Bando as his usual obnoxious self. Gohan doesn't approve, as he finds out in chapter 10.
- Gohan is not adverse to this, however, as we see when he brutally beats up Lucy.