Fan Fic: Character Championship Wrestling
"Where Only The Elite Survive"
Character Championship Wrestling is a Fan Fic
by Ninja Cato that features fictional characters and some real life personalities in a Professional Wrestling
company. Characters from different mediums such as Anime & Manga
, Western Animation
, Comic Books
, Live-Action TV
, and Real Life
wrestle in matches for Championships and compete in rivalries just like real life companies.
Originally on Fanfiction.Net, it was taken down by admins in the middle of 2013. The author then relocated to Archive Of Our Own. He is currently uploading every chapter of the story onto the site.
Read the story here: http://archiveofourown.org/works/992851/chapters/1961979
This fanfic contains examples of:
- A God Am I: Gwen Tennyson professes herself to be a "Wrestling Goddess", by virtue of a) being the first woman to win a Hell in a Cell Match and b) narrowly avoiding death in defeating Chell at Meltdown in their Sadistic Madness Match.
- Absurdly High-Stakes Game: The "I Quit" Match made at CCW Enmity for the Females Championship. If Emmy was victorious, she would erase Gwen Tennyson's "second" reign as CCW Females Champion (starting from Ozone 14 and ending at Day of Reckoning) from CCW history, making Emmy the second Females Champion from Cataclysm onward. If Gwen was victorious, she would erase BOTH of Emmy's Championship reigns from CCW history (Cataclysm to Ozone 14; Day of Reckoning to Enmity), making Gwen the First and Only Females Champion.
- Amazon Brigade: The Double X Roster
- All or Nothing: Per Meltdown's events, Dan Kuso was scheduled to face Deathstroke at CCW Nevermore for the Universal Championship...but, on a quest for redemption for what he did to his lady friend May, he decided to put his Gold in the Fort Briefcase that he earned at Best in the World on the line as well.
- All Periods Are PMS: Gwen Tennyson is already a pissed off little demon in a girl's body. Mix that in with her irrational menstrual cycle that seems to seems to occur every five seconds, and you have a monster only her boyfriend can stop. Also played for laughs and exaggerated when, once she was pranked due to an inter-company rivalry, she began to bleed uncanny amounts of blood from her...Yeah...
- All There in the Manual: The Roster List complete with everyone's Theme Songs/Signatures/Finishers are posted in Chapter 1
- Almost Kiss: Dan Kuso and May. The former had hit the latter due to May not being able to keep her mouth shut as to when Dan would cash in his Gold in the Fort Briefcase. Dan would go through a month of continuously beating himself up for the punch and tried to prove himself by beating Deathstroke and putting his Universal Title Belt and his Briefcase on the line. After Dan won, the two were about to kiss, when Aran Ryan cashed in his Jackpot Briefcase and beat Dan for The Universal Championship.
- Alpha Bitch: Gwen Tennyson to the point of it being her nickname. When she isn't crushing the dreams of six year olds or edging by with victories in her matches, she's bullying the female's locker room and extending her self-appointed authority across the company. She frequently belittles every roster member with literally every chance she gets, even sometimes forcing in an insult even when the situation barely calls for one, just to do it. The epitome of the trope in the story.
- Awesome, but Impractical: Mystique Sonia delivering a Diving Double Foot Stomp off of the top of a ladder, sending Bubbles and Buttercup through two stacked tables during their Mayhem Match at Nevermore. The move earned copious screams of awe from the commentators and the fans. It also gave Blossom enough time to recover, stop Jenny from pulling down the Women's Tag Team Championship Belts, and win the match for the Powerpuffs.
- Author Appeal: Cato always starts his shows with the line "Carthage Must Be Destroyed", tying in with his penchant for Roman history and the luminary Cato the Elder.
- Because Destiny Says So: The crux of Lisa Simpson's presence in CCW...and, apparently, her incoming tag team partner as well.
- Big "NO!": Gwen's reaction to Emmy's return on XX 14, seeing her face-to-face for the first time since Enmity.
- Butt Monkey: Disco Kid
- Came Back Strong: On CCW XX 14, when Emmy made her return to CCW to the shock of Zoe Payne and dismay of Gwen Tennyson.
- Catch Phrase: A plethora:
- "I'm Tom Brady...and I'm AWESOME!" (Tom Brady)
- "Definitely!" (Emmy)
- "All...about...us." (Buttercup, Bubbles, and Blossom—a word apiece, in exactly that order)
- "Well...here comes the Payne!" (Cris Collinsworth, on behalf of Zoe Payne)
- "Promptly peerless, hitherto peerless, and hence peerless." (Jimmy Neutron)
- "I will be your hero whether you like it or not!" (Ben Tennyson)
- "Check...and...mate!" (Cris Collinsworth)
- "Set it...and...forget it!" (Jeremy Ellis)
- "Holy Mary, Mother of God!" (Jonathan Ellis)
- "We Believe!" (The Dragon Kids)
- "And if you're not down with that, we got two words for ya!" (The X-Factors)
- "SUCK IT!" (the crowd's response)
- Cloudcuckoolander's Minder: Jonathan, whenever his brother Jeremy goes into one of his Disco Kid fanboy fits.
- Crippling the Competition: This IS Pro Wrestling, so this is a common trope. Notable examples being Gwen taking out Emmy and Ben taking out Autolycus.
- Drinking the Kool-Aid: Gwen Ten's proclamation to Emmy: "I donít buy you as Females Champion. I donít buy into you as pioneer of females wrestling. I donít drink the Kool-Aid, Emmy!"
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Ben Tennyson, CCW's top heel, was in tears after his cousin's Sadistic Madness Match at Meltdown, a match which sent Gwen into a coma. He had to carry her—Championship Belt and all—from the ring and into an ambulance to a local Las Vegas hospital.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Despite the above Even Evil Has Loved Ones, Ben Tennyson opens up the first Ozone after XX 18 by stating that even he felt Gwen's stabbing Jonathan and immolating Commissioner Gordon went too far.
- Evil Redhead: Gwen Tennyson
- Granola Girl: Annie Frazier
- Hatedom: An In-Universe Example. Jonathan Ellis HATES HATES HATES Disco Kid, and makes a point of it to mention this everytime his name is brought up. His brother Jeremy finds this to be a case of Hate Dumb.
- Hero Antagonist: Ben Tennyson.
- Hero Killer
- Gwen Tennyson's Curb Stomp at Enmity sent Emmy on the shelf for three months en route to erasing the PBS Kid's Title reigns from CCW Females Championship history.
- Ben Tennyson's vehicular rundown of Autolycus put him on the shelf for a whole year minimum, freeing up the Tenth Wonder to retake the CCW Magnus Championship.
- Inferiority Superiority Complex: Gwen has a case of this, especially when no one is paying attention to her...or paying any form of attention to Emmy.
- Jerkass: Too many to name. From Ben to Gwen to Doc Louis to Tom Brady to Jillian Michaels, CCW is flooded with them as heels.
- Jerkass Has a Point: During a promo where Gordon discussed Ben's behavior and his crusade, Ben began to point out everything that went wrong with CCW, starting with Gordon becoming Commissioner of CCW. From there, he began to point out how CCW's track record in inter-promotional matches was piss poor and how he and The Belt were beginning to be looked at as a joke. The thing is....he made a very good point.
- Knights Templar: Ben Tennyson, who's gimmick is of the morally righteous "hero" evolved into this trope after a series of inter-company losses made CCW, according to him, look terrible. Cue the berating his boss and beating on innocent competitors all in the name of "saving CCW".
- Last Chance to Quit: Gwen Tennyson at Enmity: "Emmy, I have been far too nice for my standards. Whatís about to happen next is going to be the most vicious feeling youíve ever had to put up with in your entire sorry life. Say the words, Emmy, and I will make your pain go away. Say it, Emmy! Say it!" Emmy would decline...and then, cue the infamous Curb Stomp.
- Little Miss Badass: Emmy. A girl who has defeated a ruthless champion twice as well as defeating a raging Zoe Payne in her return PPV Match.
- Gwen could be put in this category as well, being only ten while also Double X's top talent.
- Losing Is Worse Than Death: Gwen would rather die than lose her Female's Championship, as evidenced by Meltdown.
- Make It Look Like an Accident: Powerpuff Girls member Bubbles "accidently" swats a chair at Mystique Sonia's skull and gives her a Grade 3 Concussion, putting her out for weeks, and leaving Jenny without a partner. It was totally an accident. The fact that The PPG had a shot at The Belts in four weeks totally had no bearings on that incident.
- Masked Luchador: El Blaze.
- Morton's Fork: CCW Havoc's Universal Championship contest between Tom Brady the Champion and Dan Kuso the challenger, with Jeremy Ellis as the Special Guest Referee. Award the match to Brady, and Jeremy would be forced to raise the hand of the man on the Ozone roster he despised the most. Award the match to Kuso...and Jeremy would be fired from CCW completely.
- Motive Rant
- The Powerpuff Girls went on one on XX 14 when explaining their ruse and eventual treachery against Techno-Tongue at Meltdown.
- Zoe Payne's shoot promo on XX 10 effectively served as an explanation for her actions against Emmy at Enmity.
- Multinational Team: Doc Louis Productions includes Bald Bull (Turkey), Soda Popinski (Russia), and Aran Ryan (Ireland).
- My God, What Have I Done?: Enrique's reaction after Emmy loses to Gwen due to getting her face curbstomped into thumbtacks...thumbtacks HE gave Emmy before the match.
- Only Sane Man: Al Michaels, when even Jonathan goes nuts sometimes, is the only one with a straight face.
- Except when having to deal with Ben Tennyson and Cris Collinsworth throughout all of Ozone 38 causes him to finally snap.
- Only Smart People May Pass: Jimmy Neutron and his stable The Brain Trust appearing to ask an unsuspecting wrestler a question involving some complex form of physics, mathematics, biology, or other subject that only the brainiest of brainiacs could have any hope of answering (or even attempting to answer) correctly.
- And considering the track record thus far with these questions, it may as well be an Impossible Task.
- Post-Victory Collapse: Gwen, after securing the victory against Chell in the aptly named "Sadistic Madness Match". Massive bloodloss to the point where she was nearly declared dead.
- Chell could be declared the Victorious Loser in that affair due to actually walking away with her own power despite losing the match.
- Redemption Quest: Dan Kuso struck his friend May when the latter wouldn't stop talking about Dan Kuso's Gold in the Fort Briefcase and potential opportunities to cash in. Derailed by the allure of said prize, Dan would go on a mission to redeem himself for this error. His plan? Put up not only his Universal Championship, but his Gold in the Fort Briefcase against Deathstroke—also known as Slade, one of the men Dan Kuso had defeated in order to obtain the briefcase in the first place. Add in the presence of the Resistance to back Slade in his unholy task, and you have a Thirteenth Labor of Hercules live on PPV.
- Retcon: In-Universe, Gwen completely erasing Emmy's Females Championship reigns from the CCW record books.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: After Emmy cost Zoe Payne her second Female's Title Match, Zoe Payne went on a tear that would make even the toughest of woman pee their pants. Payne proceeded to beat up random competitors from out of nowhere, beat up referees, threaten management, and even initiate brawls with Emmy. It culminated in an Unsanctioned Match between Emmy and Zoe, where both girls had to sign a waiver signifying that CCW was not responsible for what would happen.
- And then, when Emmy ended up beating Zoe in the aforementioned Unsanctioned Match, Zoe recruited Lucy Van Pelt and Bella Swan to help her hunt down Emmy and end her career.
- Robot Girl: Jenny Wakeman, Duh.
- Screwed by the Network: Fan Fiction.Net deleted CCW before Cato could even reach his next PPV. Completely fed up with FFN's rule, Cato decided to upload CCW to Archive Of Our Own instead.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: Jimmy Neutron. Exaggerated and sometimes even played for laughs, as he speaks in an even more educated manner. His vocabulary contains large, sometimes unneeded words that do nothing but show off how smart he is.
- Super Spit: Emmy's Rainbow Mist to the face of Zoe Payne at Nevermore, leading to her eventual Unsanctioned Match win.
- Tag Team Twins: Jonathan & Jeremy Ellis at the commentary table.
- Teeth Flying: During their Unsanctioned Match at Nevermore, Zoe Payne kneed Emmy in the face so hard that it knocked out four of the six-year-old's teeth.
- The Bad Guy Wins: Many times in CCW, the heel walks away with the win.
- Ben runs over Autolycus and injures him for over a year. What does he get? A World Title.
- Gwen got away with ruining a six year old's dream and regularly gets away with being an unbearable Enfant Terrible
- PPG "killing" The Wakeman Sisters and hurting Jenny's mom. Their comeuppance? Retaining The Female's Tag Team Titles in Jenny & Sonia's last chance at regaining their Titles.
- Gwen again at XX 19: She opens the show by stabbing Jonathan, she nearly breaks Mystique Sonia's leg before her match against Lisa Simpson, and when Commissioner Gordon attempts to make her pay for her misdeeds by firing her, Gwen uses her magic to attack Gordon then burns him alive before forcing Woody Paige to sign an ironclad contract ensuring her continuing employment and reign as CCW Females Champion.
- The Faceless: Shao Kahn as The Masked Man.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Gwen Tennyson's tirade on Emmy during her "come-to-Jesus" meeting with her on Ozone 17.
- Those Two Animals: The Cereal Killers.
- The Family That Slays Together: The Powerpuff Girls play this trope straight once they turned heel. On live television, they brutally destroyed every member of Jenny Wakeman's XJ-Sisters and beat on Professor Wakeman, while Jenny stood there unable to do anything.
- Ben & Gwen Tennyson constantly congratulate each other on their deeds, such as running over their rivals or curb-stomping their faces into thumbtacks.
- The Trickster: Trixie Tang plays this trope when she wrestles, tricking her opponents and the referees with random schemes such as pretending to be hurt.
- The Voiceless: Chell
- Too Dumb to Live: Disco Kid lives up to this trope, especially during that fateful Supershow where Champion of Ultimate Wrestling Entertainment, Chaos the Hedgehog, beats the living sh*t out of him and continues to do so throughout the night. The catalyst for it all?... Disco Kid wanted to teach Chaos how to dance.
- Underdogs Never Lose: Averted with Max & Enrique, who are portrayed as Rey Mysterio type underdogs, yet don't always win.
- Vagueness Is Coming
- The "YOU CAN'T ESCAPE HELL" promos directed at Gwen that started on Ozone 20 and continued up to XX 5, leading to the explosive debut of Chell.
- Lisa Simpson's multiple declarations that her tag team partner—a second beneficiary of "destiny"—shall arrive at XX 20.
- Vehicular Assault: Ben Tennyson does this to then Champion Autolycus and injures him to the point where he has to vacate The Magnus Championship. And three weeks later, guess who wins The Championship he lost to Autolycus...
- Vomit Discretion Shot: The Sadistic Madness Match between Gwen Tennyson and Chell at Meltdown got so graphic, Jonathan vomited on live commentary towards the end of it, though the vomiting was not shown on camera.
- Witch with a Capital B: The Twinleaves, Barry & Kenny, frequently replace curse words with names of Pokťmon. So "F*ck you!" becomes "Floatzel you!"