Qubo is the coolest place to laugh and play
Qubo with your new friends on Saturday
Qubo in the morning is so much fun
Qubo is a party! Qubo's for everyone!Qubo is a media venture which aims to "provide quality, entertaining children's programming in a safe environment"; encompassing a Saturday morning lineup aired by NBC and Telemundo (in English and Spanish respectively), along with a 24-hour channel broadcast on Ion subchannels, along with their accompanying online platforms. It was launched in 2006 as a joint venture between an all-star cast of companies; including ION and NBC, along with Nelvana, Scholastic, and Classic Media (for content production and access to their respective libraries).The Qubo block, a Saturday morning block of educational programs (Broadcast by NBC and Telemundo) debuted on September 9, 2006, with re-runs on Ion the following Friday. For NBC, Qubo replaced their previous Discovery Kids block, while Qubo on Telemundo replaced a block of Nickelodeon and Nelvana dubs. On January 8, 2007, a Qubo Channel launched on the subchannels of Ion's stations. The network originally ran a looping 4-hour block of programs; this block expanded into a 6-hour cycle with more outside programming later in the year, and in 2010, the channel introduced the late-night block Qubo's Night Owl, which primarily consists of classic animated series from the Nelvana library.Qubo began to hit snags in March 2012 with the announcement that NBC and Telemundo would drop the Qubo block in favor of new preschool blocks programmed by Sprout (which NBC's new parent company, Comcast, already owned a stake in, and now fully owns), known as NBC Kids and MiTelemundo respectively. This leaves only the Ion block and 24/7 channel, putting a huge damper on its availability.
The channel's theme song from 2006-2009
Qubo currently airs the following series:
- Being Ian
- The Busy World Of Richard Scarry - part of "Night Owl"
- Class of the Titans - currently on "Night Owl", it was on the main lineup for a little over a month.
- Denver the Last Dinosaur
- Dive Olly Dive!
- Famous 5: On the Case - part of "Night Owl"
- George and Martha
- Harry and His Bucket Full of Dinosaurs
- Jakers! The Adventures of Piggley Winks
- Joe and Jack
- Meteor and the Mighty Monster Trucks
- Ned's Newt
- Nutri Ventures
- Pet Alien
- Sally Bollywood - part of "Night Owl"
- Sandra the Fairy Tale Detective
- Scaredy Squirrel
- Secret Millionaires Club - On the Qubo Kids Corner and the Night Owl
- Sidekick - part of "Night Owl" and the regular daytime lineup
- Stickin' Around - part of "Night Owl"
- Thomas Edisons Secret Lab- Also on the Qubo Kids Corner
- Where on Earth is Carmen Sandiego? - part of "Night Owl" and the regular daytime lineup
- Animal Atlas
- Animal Science
- Ask Me! - shown on commercial breaks
- The Choo Choo Bob Show
- Funniest Pets and People - part of "Night Owl"
- Mickey's Farm
- Safari Tracks
- This Is Daniel Cook
- Timeblazers - part of "Night Owl"
- Zoo Clues- On the Qubo Kids Corner and the Night Owl
Qubo has formerly aired the following series:
- 3-2-1 Penguins!
- Adventures from the Book of Virtues
- Anne of Green Gables
- Archie's Weird Mysteries
- Babar - part of "Night Owl"
- Bravestarr - "Night Owl"
- Dex Hamilton: Alien Entomologist
- Eliot Kid
- Elliot Moose
- Filmation's Ghostbusters - "Night Owl"
- Guess with Jess
- He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (1983) - "Night Owl"
- I Spy
- Jacob Two-Two
- Jane and the Dragon
- LarryBoy: The Cartoon Adventures
- The Magic School Bus
- Maisy - (as a show made by Universal, its leaving happened to coincide with the launch of NBC Kids)
- Marvin the Tap-Dancing Horse
- Miss BG
- My Friend Rabbit
- The Mysteries of Alfred Hedgehog
- Pippi Longstocking
- Postman Pat
- Rescue Heroes
- Sammy's Story Shop
- Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century
- She-Ra: Princess of Power - "Night Owl"
- Sitting Ducks - "Night Owl" (formerly in the daytime rotation), (as a show made by Universal, its leaving happened to coincide with the launch of NBC Kids)
- Spliced - "Night Owl" - broadcast rights picked up by Cartoon Network's website
- Timothy Goes to School
- Turbo Dogs
- VeggieTales - no longer airing, but is currently playing in syndication.
- Willa's Wild Life
- Zula Patrol
Live Action and Puppetry
- Animal Exploration with Jarod Miller
- Culture Click
- Dear America
- Lamb Chop's Play-Along
- Mighty Machines
- Taste Buds
- Theodore Tugboat