Qubo is the coolest place to laugh and play
On qubo, we make new friends on Saturday
Qubo in the morning is so much fun
Qubo is a party! Qubo's for everyone!Qubo is a media venture which aims to "provide quality, entertaining children's programming in a safe environment"; encompassing a Saturday morning lineup aired by NBC and Telemundo (in English and Spanish respectively), along with a 24-hour channel broadcast on Ion subchannels, along with their accompanying online platforms. It was launched in 2006 as a joint venture between an all-star cast of companies; including ION and NBC, along with Nelvana, Scholastic, and Classic Media (for content production and access to their respective libraries).The Qubo block, a Saturday morning block of educational programs (Broadcast by NBC and Telemundo) debuted on September 9, 2006, with re-runs on Ion the following Friday. For NBC, Qubo replaced their previous Discovery Kids block, while Qubo on Telemundo replaced a block of Nickelodeon and Nelvana dubs. On January 8, 2007, a Qubo Channel launched on the subchannels of Ion's stations. The network originally ran a looping 4-hour block of programs; this block expanded into a 6-hour cycle with more outside programming later in the year, and in 2010, the channel introduced the late-night block Qubo's Night Owl, which primarily consists of classic animated series from the Nelvana library.Qubo began to hit snags in March 2012 with the announcement that NBC and Telemundo would drop the Qubo block in favor of new preschool blocks programmed by Sprout (which NBC's new parent company, Comcast, already owned a stake in, and now fully owns), known as NBC Kids and MiTelemundo respectively. This leaves only the Ion block and 24/7 channel, putting a huge damper on its availability.
The channel's theme song from 2006-2009
Programs featured on Qubo include:
- 3-2-1 Penguins!
- Adventures from the Book of Virtues
- Archie's Weird Mysteries - "Night Owl"
- Being Ian - part of "Night Owl"
- Bravestarr - "Night Owl" - no longer airing
- Class of the Titans - currently on "Night Owl", it was on the main lineup for a little over a month.
- Dear America
- Dex Hamilton: Alien Entomologist - no longer airing
- Eliot Kid
- Filmation's Ghostbusters - "Night Owl" - no longer airing
- Guess With Jess
- Harry and His Bucket Full of Dinosaurs
- He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (1983) - "Night Owl" - no longer airing
- Jacob Two-Two
- Jane and the Dragon
- Lamb Chop's Play-Along - no longer airing
- The Magic School Bus - no longer airing
- Marvin The Tap Dancing Horse - no longer airing
- My Friend Rabbit
- The Mysteries Of Alfred Hedgehog
- Pippi Longstocking
- Postman Pat - no longer airing
- Rescue Heroes
- Rupert - no longer airing
- Sally Bollywood
- Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century - "Night Owl"
- She-Ra: Princess of Power - "Night Owl" - no longer airing
- Sitting Ducks - "Night Owl" (formerly in the daytime rotation), no longer airing (as a show made by Universal, its leaving happened to coincide with the launch of NBC Kids)
- Spliced - "Night Owl" - no longer airing, broadcast rights picked up by Cartoon Network's website
- Theodore Tugboat - no longer airing
- Timothy Goes to School
- Turbo Dogs
- VeggieTales - no longer airing, but is currently playing in syndication.
- Where On Earth Is Carmen San Diego
- Willas Wild Life
- Zula Patrol