Nutri Ventures, also known as "Nutri Ventures: The Quest for The 7 Kingdoms", is a 2D animated Portugal Edutainment Show written and produced by Nutri Ventures Corporation S.A in 2012. The show has been exported and airing episodes to many other countries such Spain's Disney Channel and the US on the video-on-demand channel Kabillion, Hulu, and on the company's Youtube channel at no charge.Nutri Ventures focuses on a city where all foods have been wiped out by a businessman named Alex Grand. In turn, he creates a substitute to foods called "Genex 100", where consumers only have to eat one box of it once a day in order to survive and it claimed to be good for them. However, during a field trip to the Genex 100 factory, a young boy and girl named Theo and Lina, respectively, snoop around the factory and come across a loaf of bread left in the Mooks' cafeteria table.Ignorant to what bread is, Theo and Lina try it out to find that it gives them an unusual burst of energy allowing them to perform at a human's peak. Later, Theo finds out that there are more varieties of food out there, that his scientist grandfather is one of the legendary Guardians of the Food Groups, and that he's The Chosen One who will bring the seven food groups together and restored his city's access to foods and foil Alex Grand. Theo and his friends, Lina and Ben, along with his little sister Nina and their pet Guga, have to embark on a quest to fulfill his prophecy.The first 11 episodes can be founded on their Youtube channel and on Hulu, you can find that in addition to 18 more, comprising 3 Seasons total, along with a few songsnote . This show can also be viewed on Kabillion.
Nutri Ventures provide examples of:
- An Aesop: The show teaches the concept of food diversity and underscores the importance of eating a balanced diet.
- Big Bad: Alex Grand is the Big Bad of the series proper, but each arc has a chance of introducing its own Big Bad during for throughout its duration.
- Title Drop: Happens in the episode "In Search of Energy".Lina: Hey! I think I found a name for our group.Guradian Purple: What?Lina: Nutri-Ventures!
- Edutainment Show: See An Aesop
- Evil Is Hammy and Fat Bastard: Applied to Alex Grand
- Expository Theme Tune
- Mascot Mook: The Gugas. They are everywhere on this show, including the end credits. Though they don't have any merchandise or whatever, they are pretty much the show's equivalent of the Minions
- Sugar Bowl: Appears in any episode where the kids travel to a kingdom where it's civilians only eat sugary sweets. In fact, this could count as a literal sugar bowl, minus the bowl part.
- Tagalong Kid: Nina.
- Team Pet: Weee, Guardian Purple's and Theo's Guga, acts as this for the team.
- X Meets Y: This Just In meets Dofus