Best known for being the voice of Balthier
, Gideon Emery has provided his "honey-gravel" voice for numerous characters and audiobooks. He's usually cast as a bad guy in his live action roles. Though his natural speaking voice is very distinctive
, Emery is extremely talented when it comes to speaking in different accents
. Besides acting, he's also a Jazz singer and released his self-produced album called "Standard Ease" in July 2011.
Born in England and raised in South Africa, Gideon Emery moved to Los Angeles
in 2003. He attended the London MCM Expo
in October 2011 alongside Dragon Age II
co-star Adam Howden
, where they made history being the first British guest voice actor panelists at the convention.
- Badass Baritone: His voice is notably deep.
- Chronically Killed Actor: And how!
- Deadpan Snarker: Emphasis on the deadpan.
- Fake American: As Sgt. Blackburn in Battlefield 3
- Fake Brit: He had to do a Scottish accent for Fergus in Wolfenstein.
- Guttural Growler: His deep, gravelly voice certainly qualifies.
- Ink-Suit Actor: Emery provided full face scanning and motion capture for Sgt. Blackburn, who he affectionately calls "Digi-Gid".
- He also bears a striking resemblance to Fenris, minus the pointy ears, white hair, and glowing tattoos, of course.
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: Despite all the creepy and mean roles he's done, Gideon Emery is an extremely nice person and loves to talk to his fans. He even puts fanart as his profile picture on Facebook sometimes.
- One of Us: After a long day in the recording booth, Emery likes to release tension by shooting things in video games. He seems to be enjoying Battlefield 3.
- Perpetual Frowner: Like Fenris, he's accused of being this a lot. During the panel at the MCM Expo, he made a joke about how people seem to think he's constantly down when he really isn't.
- Separated-at-Birth Casting: Reuben Langdon has been Emery's stunt double on multiple occasions. They look like they could be twins/clones!
- Speaking Simlish: Voiced a sim in The Sims Medieval.
- The Danza: In Vanquish, Emery voices a character named Sam Gideon.