DHX Media, Ltd. is a Canadian children's entertainment company. The company was founded in 2006 by the merger of two pre-existing companies, Decode Entertainment (of Franny's Feet fame) and Halifax Film (of This Hour Has 22 Minutes), hence the abbreviation. DHX is headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia.DHX is best known as the studio responsible for animating My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, which is animated at its studio (formerly Studio B Productions) in Vancouver. Its other series include Littlest Pet Shop (2012) and Sheriff Callie's Wild West. In 2012, the company acquired fellow Canadian company Cookie Jar Entertainment, giving them access to its extensive library of children's content, including that of its predecessor CINAR and DiC Entertainment. Other acquisitions have included Epitome Pictures (producers of Degrassi) and competing Vancouver studio Nerd Corps Entertainment (Slugterra, League of Super Evil), which was merged into the main Vancouver operation, as well as Strawberry Shortcake and 80% of the Peanuts property (the Schulz estate owns the remaining 20%).In 2013, DHX bought Astral Media's youth channels: Family Channel, and the Canadian versions of Disney Junior (both an English-language multiplex of Family and standalone French-language specialty channel), and Disney XD. They were re-organized into the newly-formed DHX Television division. In 2015, DHX Media decided to not renew their rights to Disney's children's programming (which were later picked up by Corus Entertainment). As a result, Disney Junior's English & French channels and Disney XD were re-named Family Jr, Télémagino, and Family CHRGD.