Western Animation / Bromwell High
is a British animated comedy
that aired in 2005.Keisha
, and Natella
form a Comic Trio
at Bromwell High, an incredibly poor state school, and the show profiles the wacky hijinks of their everyday lives
. The show also notably averts Two-Teacher School
by giving the teachers just as big of a part (if not bigger) in the plots as the students.
The series' thirteen episodes aired on Teletoon
in Canada, and had an incomplete run on the UK's Channel 4.
This British animated series provides examples of:
- Catch Phrase: Latrina has a bunch; most common are "*blank* is for gays!" and "Like me that time."
- Cluster S Bomb:
Natella: Well? What did you think? Give me your honest opinion.
Keisha: You were shit. Shitter than shit. You were so shit that it made me want to block up my ears with shit, then eat some shit, and then do a shit.
Natella: Right. Latrina?
Latrina: ... Shit.
- Courtroom Antic: "Keisha's in Love" provides what may possibly be the weirdest and most implausible example of this trope ever broadcast on television. Keisha is put on trial to determine whether or not she has a crush on Spencer. When it is proven that she does indeed have a crush on him, instead of going to jail for assaulting (and nearly killing) him, she is sentenced to ask him out on a date. Wait, what?
- Dialogue Reversal: The "unethical" exchange; Natella toward Keisha, and then later vice versa.
- The Ditz: Both Keisha and Latrina, though both may qualify as Genius Ditzes: see the entry for Hidden Depths, below.
- Dumb Blonde: Latrina. In the episode "Police Story", her attempts at locating the cell phone thief mostly included overlooking ridiculously obvious clues, she didnt even realize she had stumbled across the case breaking clue until it was explicitly spelled out for her.
- Dreadful Musician: Natella and her sitar. The only cheers it got during the Music Talent Show was when Mr Beale smashed it.
- Extreme Omnivore: Keisha eats her exam in "Goodbye Mr. Crisps".
- Freud Was Right:
- Martin's math diagram.
- Latrina's dream about a tunnel and a series of bigger and bigger trains.
- Only Sane Man: Natella - although she can be just as neurotic as any other character given the circumstances. Carol plays the straight man to Keisha an awful lot, as well, although Melanie plays the straight man to her when they're lusting after various men and Carol demonstrates her poor fluency with the double entendre.
- Power Corrupts: Natella, literally any time she's put in a position of power.
- Precision F-Strike: One of many:
Remember: a vote for Iqbal is a vote for jobs. Your moddafockin'
- Pyromaniac: Keisha, often to the detriment of the disabled students.
- Really Gets Around: Latrina, Latrina's mother, and Kellie Edwards.
- Sadist Teacher: Most of the teachers to some extent, but special mention goes to Mr. Bibby who is heavily implied to be involved in everything from murders to human trafficking with Iqbal.