Characters: World Trigger
The characters of World Trigger.For its relatively short length, the series has already become a case of Loads and Loads of Characters, so expect this page to be split up over time. For now, it most of all Needs Wiki Magic Love.
Mikumo Unit / Tamakoma-2The main characters of the series form a squad with Osamu Mikumo as their leader. They are currently part of the Tamakoma Branch.
- B-Class, Shooter15 YearsVoiced by: Yuki Kaji
- Awesome by Analysis: He is great at analyzing the situation and creating new strategies on the fly with what limited resources he has.
- Badass on Paper: Osamu's accomplishments are typically hyped up to sound a lot better than they actually were, such as when he had a draw with Kazama. Yes, the last match was a draw, but he lost 24 times before that.
- BFS: His Raygust-trigger, which is basically a huge energy-sword that can double as a shield and thruster, and even a combat knife (though this function has only been shown by Reiji).
- Classical Antihero: He has low self-confidence, and isn't the best of fighters, but is willing to fight for what he thinks is right nonetheless. This leads to people, principally Yūma, Chika and maybe Kitora and Kazama, have good expectations on him.
- Humble Hero: Humble to the point of being a doormat.
- Luckily My Shield Will Protect Me: A secondary function of the Raygust is an energy shield. He also has the regular Shield Trigger.
- Memetic Badass: Along with the rest of his team Osamu becomes this In-Universe during the C-Rank wars after managing to draw with Kazama during their duel. Of course Osamu being Osamu is naturally embarrassed by this praise especially since the story is a bit distorted. After his loss against Midorikawa and revealing the truth of the duel to the other C-Rank trainees his reputation as this stops... only for him to get a new one since Yuma calls Osamu his leader and he is apparently important enough to be in a private meeting with Kido and the other higher-ups of Border.
- Morph Weapon: Raygust.
- Nice Guy: Extremely polite and helpful, even towards jerks and people he barely knows, not because he is naive but because he wants to do what is right.
- Overshadowed by Awesome: Compared to the skilled and experienced Yūma and Chika's gigantic Trion-supply he is just a rather mediocre agent who can only survive by relying on his skills and wits.
- The Scapegoat: Invoked but subverted. Eizo Netsuki tried to shift blame for the 32 C-class agents being kidnapped to Osamu, but because of Katsumi Karasawa, Osamu not only had the opportunity to stand for himself, he turns the situation around and says he will save the kidnapped agents himself, which earns a very favourable reaction from the public.
- Shirtless Scene: Takes off his shirt in episode 58 to blindfold a Trion Soldier and remains shirtless for the succeeding episode.
- Small Steps Hero: Osamu Mikumo is an archetypical Small Steps Hero, as he makes it flat out clear many times that he will not ignore the plight of any helpless person to save his own life or to prevent a future tragedy/conflict. This comes back to bite not just him, but everyone on Earth after using his trigger in real battle teaches the Neighbors that C-Rank Border agents can't Bail Out (a mechanism which allows them to teleport to safety when taking fatal damage). Because of this, a large-scale invasion happens that claims more lives than he originally saved, but Osamu makes it clear he'd do it all over again.
- Smart People Wear Glasses: One of the few people wearing glasses and definitely smart.
- Sword and Gun: Being a Shooter he mostly specializes on using his Asteroid (in cube form), though he still uses his Raygust for close-combat and defensive purposes.
- Specs of Awesome: He has his moments.
- Took a Level in Badass: He is definitely one of the characters who has the most catching up to do, so this is pretty common.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: For episodes 58 and 59, considering he takes off his hoodie to blindfold a Trion Soldier. Made even more hilarious by the fact that he didn't take his shirt off at the beach.
- Walking Swimsuit Scene: For at least four episodes, from episode 56-59 by virtue of being captured by Gieve while still wearing a hoodie with green swim shorts.
- Weak, but Skilled: The major difference in Osamu's fighting style in comparison to Yuma and Chika is that unlike them he has a below average amount of Trion compared to normal soldiers. Osamu makes up for that by his creative manipulation of Trion, his willingness to receive disabling injuries and also conserving his power to make critical shots. As Kurasama points out Osamu is weak but not stupid.
- B-Class, Attacker15 YearsVoiced by: Tomo Muranaka
- The Ace: Yuma is definitely this not just amongst his own team but to other agents of Border as well. Not only is he in possession of a Black Trigger and has full mastery over it, when he joins the ranks of Border he willingly switches to using a weaker Trigger and still kicks an insane amount of ass. Not only that but thanks to his years of combat experience in the Neighborhood he has a brilliant strategic mind for battles. Finally, during the second Neighbor Invasion he manages to defeat Viza in his normal Trion body and use the last of his power to finish off Hairein. By the time of the B-Rank Wars he is officially considered to be The Ace of Tamakoma-2.
- Adaptive Armor: His Black Trigger.
- Armed Legs: Can power up his legs with his black Trigger.
- Almighty Janitor: Starts as a C-Rank trainee after joining Border, despite being easily A-Rank in skill and S-Rank when using his Black Trigger. He still insists on going the normal through the rank-wars to earn a solid reputation as a neighbor in Border.
- Ambiguously Human: Looks like a human but is a humanoid neighbor in truth. The white hair and red eyes might give a hint.
- Badass Adorable: A rather cute looking young boy on the outside, an experienced and deadly soldier on the inside.
- Beware the Silly Ones: He acts like a goofball most of the time but will instantly switch back to his brutally efficient badass self when necessary. And he will utterly kick your ass if you ever harm or ridicule his friends.
- Dark Is Not Evil: His black armor when using his Trigger.
- Death by Origin Story: Got killed by a mysterious foe before the series began, though his father sacrificed himself to create a Black Trigger that keeps Yūma alive.
- Dual Wielding: Prefers using two Scorpions when not using his Black Trigger.
- Heroic Albino: White hair, red eyes, definitely heroic.
- Living Lie Detector: His side-effect, inherited from his father due to his Black Trigger, lets him notice if someone lies.
- Living on Borrowed Time: While he can survive with his Trion-body thanks to his Black Trigger, his real body still slowly decays over time. Once it is gone, the Trion-body will vanish as well.
- Magic Enhancement: An ability of his Black Trigger. Can be used both on himself and other Trion-users.
- Memetic Badass: In-Universe. Along with the rest of his team Yuma becomes this during the C-Rank wars, firstly for managing to destroy the simulated Trion soldier in combat training in 0.4 seconds and secondly for Curb Stomping Midorikawa 8-2.
- Morph Weapon: Both his black trigger and the Scorpion.
- Older Than They Look: Since his Trion-Body doesn't show signs of aging.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: Because his growth has stopped since his death. Not a problem, since Trion-bodies don't rely on physical body mass anyway.
- Power Copying: His Black Trigger can analyse and copy Triggers that are used against him.
- Power Fist: His standard attacks with the black trigger involve punching things with a powered fist.
- Shirtless Scene: Goes to an indoor beach in episode 56.
- Skilled, but Na´ve: While he is a very skilled individual, he has little knowledge on how Society works in our world.
- Spring Jump: Picks up the Grasshopper after reaching B-Rank, which allows him to jump in midair.
- Swiss Army Weapon: Just look at all the abilities of his Black Trigger listed here...
- Trick Bullet: Can use special black Trion projectiles that penetrate shields and slow their victim down with huge weight instead of causing damage. Copied this technique from Miwa.
- Tropoi Autonomous Trion SoldierVoiced by: Hideyuki Tanaka
- Heroic Sacrifice: A non fatal version of this happens during the end of the Invasion Arc. Replica is sliced in half by Moira's attack and is left heavily damaged knowing that the time it would take in order to open the door to Border HQ would be to long he has Osamu throw him into the portal linking the Neighbors ship to the outside world in order to force the ship to leave the planet. This forces the Neighbors to leave without acquiring Chika but because of his heavily damaged state he can't fly away and is stuck in the Neighbours ship as it teleports away.
- Non-Human Sidekick: To Yūma Kuga. He acts as his guardian and also gives him certain powers.
- The Smart Guy: Thanks to his travels with Yuma and his father Replica has extensive knowledge, not just of the Neighbor Worlds, but triggers too. Not only is he the A.I. that controls Yuma's Black Trigger but his extensive knowledge of the Neighborhood allows him to update Border's systems, create a replica Rabbit after analyzing one of the original models, and, with Osamu's help is ultimately the one who forces the Aftokrator neighbours to retreat.
- B-Class, Sniper13 YearsVoiced by: Nao Tamura
- Badass Adorable: She's the cutest little kid you could think of... and also able to fire an almost unstoppable Death Ray.
- BFG: She uses an Ibis, the heaviest Sniper Trigger Border has available. When she fires it, it's less of a plain Anti-Tank gun, and more like a Wave Motion Gun.
- Blessed with Suck: Chika is in possession of an insanely high amount of Trion which even for advanced border agents is considered abnormal. Unfortunately this same power makes her a target for Trion soldiers, her brother and friend both end up getting kidnapped trying to help her, and during the Invasion Arc she is turned into a Trion Cube and almost captured by the Humanoid Neighbours. Girls got it rough to say the least.
- The Cutie: A genuinely sweet kid with an oversized sniper rifle.
- Does Not Know His Own Strength: Even after joining Border and starting her Sniper training, she still doesn't know half the extent of her Trion prowess.
- Doom Magnet: Her enormous Trion attracts a lot of strong neighbors that try to capture her and are a danger to everyone around her. She has become traumatized after her brother and her best friend were captured by Neighbors.
- Friendly Sniper: For all her destructive potential she is the sweetest girl you could think of.
- Idiot Hair: In the middle of her head.
- In-Series Nickname: Called "Chikako" by Izuho.
- She is also called "Tamakoma's Trion Monster" after she blows a hole in the wall of Border HQ using an Ibis.
- Long-Range Fighter: As a sniper she at least SHOULD be this, sadly she often finds herself to be rather close to the action.
- Memetic Badass: In-Universe along with the rest of her team. See the "Tamakoma's Trion Monster" thing above.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: Small stature, ridiculous amount of Trion.
- Reluctant Warrior: Mostly by virtue of being a sweet, pacifistic little girl. She has no problem with shooting lifeless targets, buildings and Trion soldiers, but she can't bring herself to directly shoot humanoid targets (even though they wouldn't die anyway).
- Tareme Eyes: A trait shared by none in the manga.
- Unskilled, but Strong: HUGE Trion-supply, but still an inexperienced trainee and not the best shot even among the new snipers.
- S-Rank, Attacker19 YearsVoiced by: Yuuichi Nakamura
- The Ace: Never anything less than confident, being immensely skilled and able to see the future to some degree
- The Chessmaster: Partially thanks to his side effect, partially thanks to his own wits, Jin is able to see possible futures and attempt to steer events towards the most ideal one. During the large scale invasion arc, the Aftokrator even note that someone was pulling the strings the entire time.
- Combat Clairvoyance: His side-effect allows him to see the immediate future, which includes most incoming attacks.
- Cool Shades: His signature accessories.
- Guile Hero: By effectively utilizing his side effect and his wits, he can manipulate events to achieve the best outcome he could.
- For example, negotiating with Commander Kido to recognize Yuma as a member of Border despite the fact he is a neighbor. He did this by giving up his own Black Trigger, after he beat the people sent to kill Yuma and take Yuma's Black Trigger using it, making his own Black Trigger look more valuable. He also warned Commander Kido against escalating the conflict by telling him what would happen if he did, forcing Kido to back down. He also tells Kido that Yuma and his other juniors will be helpful for Kido's true objective, which ultimately convinces him to accept Jin's proposal and ending the conflict.
- During the Large-Scale Invasion arc, he told his allies where to be and what to do before hand, based on what his side-effect tells him. Thanks to that, he allowed Border to achieve one of best possible outcomes, even if it wasn't THE best outcome.
- Morph Weapon: The Scorpion Trigger, which was created by himself.
- Razor Wind: His Black Trigger "Wind Blade" is a sword that can shoot these from all connected surfaces it touches. Though it is debatable if it really is "wind" or just extending energy blades.
- Sunglasses at Night: Never seen without them, no matter the time of day.
- Trademark Favorite Food: His Bonchiage (fried soy sauce rice crackers). He's hardly ever seen without them. Anime filler even added a scene where his room is full of boxes of the stuff.
- Border Headquarters Commander-in-Chief43 YearsVoiced by: ???
- Commanding Coolness: A commander, and always really calm.
- Distinguishing Mark: He has a very visible scar on his face. We hope that gets elaborated upon.
- Eyes Are Unbreakable: Despite his scar being dangerously close to his left eye, his eye is completely intact and working.
- Fantastic Racism: Shūji seems to partially take after him at that.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He seems to have a streak of honesty and honor, as he accepted Replica's deal of protecting Yūma (if he was lying, Yūma would know).
- Kick the Dog: Refers to Amo as a tool. The rest of the staff is impressed with his attitude.
- Knights Templar: The entire Kido Faction, but it applies mainly to him.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: Always on a nice suit.
- The Stoic: At his worst, he looks sightly pissed off.
- Headquarters Development Chief49 YearsVoiced by: ???
- Animal Motifs: Racoons, according to the Extra Material.
- Friend to All Children: He seems like a jerk, but he has a soft spot for young children because of his daughter.
- Gonk: Has a rather... Easily recognizable face.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Doesn't take very much to make him snap.
- Jerkass: At the beginning at first. Then we get to know him and he is somewhat decent, if short tempered.
- Miniature Senior Citizen: Gets smaller in every new appearance.
- Trap Master: In charge of setting all the traps against the invaders during the Second Invasion.
- Media Countermeasures Chief39 YearsVoiced by: ???
- Frame-Up: Frames Osamu for Aftokrator knowledge of the lack of Bail Out in C-Class Agents. It doesnt work thanks to Karasawa.
- Gag Nose: He has a... Very noticeable nose.
- Jerkass: Just like Kinuta, and in turn he hasn't gotten any better characterization yet.
- Nervous Wreck: He has his moments. Frequently. In an emergency, he is shown to be the first one to panic.
- Foreign Affairs Operations Manager33 YearsVoiced by: ???
- Catch Phrase: "I used to play Rubgy when I was younger." is often said by him to explain something about himself.
- Minored in Asskicking: Not a warrior at all, but seems to be rather strong thanks to his past times as a Rubgy player.
- Nice Guy: Enough to respect Osamu role during the war and help him clear his name after it.
- Sweat Drop: Notably for such a calm man, after seeing Osamu's mom's antics.
- Smoking Is Cool: Smokes and is both likeable and cool.
- The Stoic: He doesn't show interest with the Power Struggle between Kido and Rindō factions.
- Commander of the Self-Defense Unit33 YearsVoiced by: Takeshi Kusao
- Animal Motifs: Tigers.
- Asskicking Equals Authority: Is said to be the strongest agent in border using a normal trigger and can boast a lot of fighting experience, seeing that he knows Yūma's father.
- Badass: Parries with a Black Trigger in one vs one and gets the advantage.
- Bad Ass Longcoat: When in Trigger Mode.
- Dynamic Entry: When going to battle against Enedra, he skips all the hallways and elevators needed to arrive and just does a wall run to get there.
- Master Swordsman: Fought Enedra's Black Trigger while successfully attacking his hidden weak point and effortlessly dodging all of his attacks. He also was Tachikawa's mentor and is still considered to be the strongest agent in border (excluding those with a Black Trigger).
- The Mentor: For Kei Tachikawa.
- Morph Weapon: Using the trigger "Senkū" (Whirlwind) that can extend it's blade.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Is tolerant of neighbors with friendly intentions and will not support destructive infighting in the power struggle between the Kido Faction and Tamakoma.
- Wall Run: How he arrives to battle. Taking elevators is such a hassle.
- You Are Already Dead: To Enedora.
- General Manager Counsellor25 YearsVoiced by: Houko Kuwashima
- Ignored Enamored Underling: Shinoda doesn't seem to realize her crush on him.
- Mission Control: During the Second Invasion arc.
- Office Lady: Dresses as this.
- Pervert Revenge Mode: Openly beats Jin's ass for touching her.
- Sexy Secretary: For Shinoda, whom she has a crush on.
- Tamakoma Branch ChiefVoiced by: Keiji Fujiwara
- A Father to His Men: Would do anything to protect his people at Tamakoma.
- Nice Guy: Very laid back and reasonable.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Sees neighbors not just as enemies but also useful allies and potential friends.
- Perma Stubble: Has some facial hair growing in his chin.
- Smoking Is Cool: Always smoking and has definitely a cool attitude with his position.
- Torture Is Ineffective: Or at least, he believes it lefts too much scars in both the torturer and the tortured.
Tamakoma-1The only known unit of Tamakoma Branch prior to the recruitment of Osamu, Yūma and Chika. They are considered to be the strongest squad in all of Border.
- A-Class, Allrounder21 YearsVoiced by: Tomoaki Maeno
- The Big Guy: Easily one of the most beefy agents of border.
- BFG: His unnamed Minigun Trigger.
- BFS: The Raygust.
- Gatling Good: An unnamed Minigun Trigger.
- Half the Man He Used to Be: During the Second Invasion, courtesy of Viza.
- Good Old Fisticuffs: Not completely unarmed, but he uses his Trigger to enhance his fists.
- Heroic Build: Lives up to his nickname in episode 56.
- Homing Projectile: One of his Gunner triggers seems to be a Hound, which has that function.
- In Universe Nickname: "Composed Beefcake".
- Long-Range Fighter: He's known to be the only Allrounder who is also skilled as an Sniper. That, however, has yet to be seen on-screen.
- The Mentor: For Chika, in sniping.
- Morph Weapon: The Raygust.
- Shirtless Scene: Wears a speedo in episode 56.
- The Stoic: He remains calm even when firing a gatling gun or after being cut in half!
- Sword and Gun: Assault Rifle and Minigun Gunner-Triggers and a Raygust.
- Throwing Your Sword Always Works: Throws the Blade Raygust as a last desesperation attack in order to win some time against Viza and Hyus, managing to stab the old man leg.
- A-Class, Allrounder17 YearsVoiced by: Rie Kugimiya
- Action Girl: One of the most skilled agents in all of border.
- An Axe to Grind: The Sōgetsu, two hatchets which become a huge two-handed battleaxe, after combining those.
- Dual Wielding: The Sōgetsu, in their standard form.
- Hair Wings: Part of her hair forms a wing even in her trion form, through it doesn't serve any purpose and its just decorative.
- Man Bites Man: A comedic variant, in which she is fond of biting Osamu head when Kyosuke pranks her.
- Morph Weapon: The Sōgetsu.
- Power Makes Your Hair Grow: Inverted. Her hair gets short while in her Trion Body form.
- Skilled, but Na´ve: Played with. Despite being an experienced and skilled member of Border, she'll believe in almost anything one tells her, and thus she is frequently made fun of.
- Super Gullible: She believes anything other people tell her, no matter how ridiculous. This includes believing Jin when he said Osamu, Chika and Yuma were his siblings when they don't look alike at all.
- Tsundere: She shows a few signs that she might me.
- She tries to cover up her shyness with strength, as shown when Kyōsuke told her Osamu had called her pretty.
- She becomes very violent when Kyōsuke tells her he lied to her, though she discounts it on Osamu instead.
- She tries to cover up her shyness with strength, as shown when Kyōsuke told her Osamu had called her pretty.
- A-Class, Allrounder16 YearsVoiced by: Jun Fukuyama
- Barrier Warrior: Seems to specialize in defensive Triggers like the 'Escudo'.
- Bishie Sparkle: When outside of combat, he usually has this around his hair.
- Heroic Build
- In Universe Nickname: "Scruffy Hottie".
- In the Back: How he is defeated by Hairein and Moira.
- The Mentor: For Osamu.
- Shirtless Scene: In episode 56.
- The Stoic: Just like Reiji, never loses his calm or patience.
- Super Mode: He can use something called Geist to overclock his Trion and apply additional power to his attributes, though his Trion-body will destroy itself after 3 minutes which makes it akin to a temporary Deadly Upgrade.
- Super Speed: He becomes insanely fast when using his Geist for Blade Shift or Mobility Shift.
- Sword and Gun: Assault Rifle Gunner-Trigger and a Kogetsu.
- A-Class, Operator17 YearsVoiced by: ???
- The Gadfly: Very prone to weird antics, especially in regards to glasses.
- Smart People Wear Glasses: Very knowledgeable and resourceful, even by Operator standards.
- Mission Control: Her job.
- Ms. Fanservice: Appears in a swimsuit in episode 56 as well as the chapter 32 extra.
- The Nicknamer: Responsible for "Scruffy Hottie" and "Composed Beefcake".
- Terrible Artist: No one understands what her drawings are supposed to be.
- Civilian5 YearsVoiced by: ???
- Balloon Belly: In episode 60.
- Butt Monkey: Often gets hit comedically.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Prone to considering himself superior to pretty much everyone.
- Speaks Fluent Animal: According to Volume 3, he is capable of talking to animals. However, this ability hasn't really been demonstrated.
- Tagalong Kid: A kid who happens to hang around with the most elite agents of border.
- S-Rank, ???16 YearsVoiced by: ???
- The Ace: In regards to battle, and thanks to having a Black Trigger.
- Exotic Eye Designs: His eyes look... off, to say the least.
- The Dreaded: Even for the higher ups. Its described as inhuman while he fights.
- Godzilla Threshold: Kido was tempted on using him to retrieve Yuma Black Trigger since both Shinoda and Tamakoma were defending him. The other members of the staff weren't so sure about it.
- Offscreen Moment of Awesome: So far we've only seen the aftermath of his destructive battles.
- One-Man Army: In charge of a whole sector during the Afrokrator invitation, with zero difficulties on his part.
- Person of Mass Destruction: He tends to wipe out entire city blocks along with his enemies.
- C-Class, Sniper14 YearsVoiced by: ???
- Child Hater: According to her bio she hates children, but children seem to be attracted to her personality.
- Head Pet: A cat on her hair, all the time.
- Idiot Hair: Sprouting from her fringe.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: Carries a rescued cat on her head during the entire invasion-arc.
- Long-Range Fighter: Sniper.
- The Slacker: Chika thinks she could be a good Sniper, but she's too lazy to try.
New 3 Idiots
- C-Class Agents
- Butt Monkey: They always get in bad situations .
- Comic Trio: Needless to say.
- Cool Sword: Two of the members use a Kogetsu each.
- Homing Projectile: One of the three uses a Hound.
- Sword and Gun: One of the three uses a Hound and the other 2 use Kogetsu.
- Spiritual Successor: To the bullies in Osamu and Yūma's class.
- Voiced by: ???
- Face Framed in Shadow: His complete face is never seen yet.
- Go Out with a Smile: Last seen smiling by Yuma. Left him wondering why all the time.
- Living Lie Detector: His side effect, which Yūma got due to his Black Trigger.
- One-Man Army: He had to be one since his sole presence was enough to turn the tides of war from one side to the other.
- Papa Wolf: He was shown Yūma's flashback to be much more powerful than him and also very protective.
- Posthumous Character: Sacrificed himself to create a Black Trigger that keeps his son alive.
- Sacrificial Revival Spell: His sacrifice in order to create a Black Trigger and revive Yūma.
- Taken for Granite: How his sacrifice kills him.
Sōichi MogamiYūichi's master
- Voiced by: ???
- Posthumous Character: Sacrificed himself before the series started to create the Black Trigger "Wind Blade".
- ???Voiced by: ???
- Ascended Extra: In the manga, the guy in glasses who greets Jin is unnamed, and he is mentioned by name by Jin as one of the candidates for the ownership of Fūjin. In the anime, they're both revealed to be the same person.
- Shout-Out: He's based on a character from one of Ashihara's previous works, an Oneshot called Room303.
- Captain24 YearsVoiced by: Nozomu Sasaki
- Achilles' Heel: It's revealed that Hairein's trigger only allows him to turn Trion related objects into cubes for capture meaning that regular objects can still effect him. This ends up leading to his defeat near the end of the arc once Osamu deactivates his Trigger meaning that Hairein's Trion animals have absolutely no effect on him and he's forced to attack Osamu directly making him vulnerable to Mira and Yuma's attacks.
- Animal Motifs: A Dragon, according to the Extra Material.
- The Beastmaster: At least appears like one, because his Black Trigger "Alektor" creates Birds, Fish and Lizards out of Trion to attack and defend. It's most likely just shaped energy balls though.
- Big Bad: Of the Large-Scale Invasion Arc since he's the one whose leading the other Aftokrator Neighbours in capturing the C-Rank members of Border.
- Combat Pragmatist: Not against using underhanded tricks like asking Moira for assistance and stabbing Kyosuke from the back with one of her portals.
- The Captain: Of his group.
- Oh Crap!: Has a couple of these looks over the course of the last part of the invasion arc once his plans start falling apart.
- Firstly once he realises Viza was defeated by Yuma.
- Secondly when Osamu deactivates his Trigger forcing Hairein to confront him directly.
- Finally once he realizes that that Osamu's true aim was his ship the entire time and he's forced to flee without capturing "The Golden Goose".
- Pragmatic Villainy: Why he doesn't want his team to make a full attack on earth. He is actually afraid that forcing the earth defenders too much would make them desperate enough to create Black Triggers thus making them far more powerful.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Towards his team, even asking for feedback from Lamvalein about his choices as a leader.
- Shoot the Dangerous Minion: Decides to get rid of Enedora due to his violent personality.
- The Stoic: Always calm, even when things start going against his favor.
- Stun Guns: Not a gun and not conventional stunning, but his Trigger can turn it's victims into Trion cubes without causing actual damage. Which is very useful when capturing enemies.
- Technical Pacifist: Describes himself as one and at least it can be said he doesn't approve unnecessary violence. Fittingly uses a Trigger that captures Trion bodies but doesn't do physical damage.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: In the anime.
- 24 YearsVoiced by: Junichi Yanagita
- Arm Cannon: His Trigger "Chelidon".
- An Arm and a Leg: Loses his leg for being too confident of his incoming victory around Midorikawa.
- The Brute: Averted. Looks like this because of his size, but hes actually a long range fighter with some honor inside.
- Beam Spam: The cannon-batteries that he can grow out of his shoulders can fire a huge array of beams at multiple enemies and wipe out entire squads at once.
- Boisterous Bruiser: He enjoys fighting a lot and is an openly friendly guy.
- Graceful Loser: Congratulates Yoneya for defeating him and doesn't seem at all conflicted about it.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: By Yoneya.
- Jet Pack: A feature of his Trigger which allows him to fly and bomb his enemies.
- Morph Weapon: His Trigger, which can whip out various cannons at different parts of his body.
- More Dakka: His main strategy in fights.
- Noble Demon: Just like Viza, he seems to be a nice person that happens to enjoy fighting and is on the invading side. He even admits his defeat and wishes to fight against Yoneya again.
- Shouting Shooter: When Yoneya jumps over him to stab him with his spear, lets just say he lets out a long scream.
- 20 YearsVoiced by: Toshio Furukawa
- Blood Knight: Very interested in killing humans.
- The Brute: Though he displays some intelligence, correctly figuring out how the members of Kazama unit are dodging his attack and how Suwa unit are tanking his attacks, he also displays huge arrogance, meaning he plays this role to his group.
- I Shall Taunt You: Constantly calling his opponents "Miden Monkey" to provoke them.
- Jerkass: Which in turns gets him killed when Moira decides they have enough of him pissing off everyone.
- Killed Off for Real: Was killed by his own allies before Border could take him prisoner. However, due to his horns taking root in his brain, the horns were able to keep his memories and personality intact, and he wants revenge on his former allies.
- Morph Weapon: His Black Trigger "Vorvoros" can turn his entire body into liquid or gas.
- Mismatched Eyes: A product of of his horns messing with his head.
- Nigh-Invulnerability: Of either the "Made out of Air"- or "Made out of Liquid"-variety. His only weak point is a small, always moving orb in his body.
- Person of Mass Destruction: Can cause massive damage with his Black Trigger and has no qualms doing so.
- Sadist: He really enjoys mindless destruction and talking down to his opponents. Moira says this personality was caused by his trigger.
- Smug Snake: Very confident on his abilities, which in turn gets him killed.
- 16 YearsVoiced by: Nobunaga Shimazaki
- The Comically Serious: After being stranded in earth where he has to interact with Tamakoma weirdness.
- Extra Ore Dinary: His Trigger "Lampyris" makes him capable of controlling magnetism.
- In the Hood: Usually on his casual attire on earth.
- Morph Weapon: His Trigger consists of countless metal parts that he can freely form.
- Sempai/Kohai: This seems to be basically his relationship with Hairein, where he is the Kohai and Hairein the Sempai. Also surprisingly forms a similar relationship to Yotaro of all people.
- Tranquil Fury: His usual mood.
- Undying Loyalty: To Aftokrator. Hairein was however sure he was going to betray them.
- Winged Humanoid: Can create metallic wings on himself and allies, though the flight actually works by being shot through a magnetic track like a railgun.
Moira (pronounced Mira)
- 23 YearsVoiced by: Yurie Kobori
- Arranged Marriage: Either with Lamvalein or Hairein.
- Bob Haircut
- The Dark Chick: Her dark clothes and mean but loyal personality seem to point at that.
- The Evil Genius: She seems like the closest thing to an operator the invasion force has.
- In the Back: Kills Enedra in order to recover his trigger, saying that was all she was supposed to recover
- Evil Redhead: Possibly the most evil of her teammates not counting Enedora.
- Sexy Secretary: Has the looks of it, and also acts as a
- Mission Control: To the rest of the group until she finally enters the battle herself.
- Thinking Up Portals: Her Black Trigger can create portals, which can be used to retrieve allies. They can also be used as spikes to impale enemies.
- 65 YearsVoiced by: Hiroshi Naka
- Affably Evil: Is easily the nicest guy amongst the Invading Neighbors, commenting that kidnapping children doesn't sit right with him and congratulating Yuma when he manages to score the deciding blow against him. That being said though he is still invading the human world and can be pretty ruthless when he has to be.
- Badass: Seemingly the biggest Badass amongst the invading Neighbors to the point that the fact that Yuma actually managed to defeat him causes the usually Stoic Moira and Hairein to have major Oh Crap! moments.
- Badass Grandpa: This clearly is the case.◊ Seems very old and still battles on even grounds with the thus undefeated Yūma. This is especially impressive when you consider that because of his age he's the only member of the Invading Neighbors not in possession of horns to better control his Trion but makes up for it with his extensive battle knowledge and powerful Black Trigger.
- Beware the Nice Ones: He is more gentle than most of his fellow countrymen, but also seems to have a darker side which he rarely shows.
- Blade Spam: His power.
- Blood Knight: A calmer and subdued variant in contrast to Enedora, but when defeated admits to never get enough of battles.
- Cool Sword: His Trigger "Organon" is actually a sword hidden in a walking staff.
- Eyes Always Shut: Always, without exception.
- Graceful Loser: Takes his defeat at Yuma's hands pretty well, commenting that he can never get enough of combat, and calmly telling his boss that the one who defeated him is coming his way.
- Instant Death Radius: Pretty much how Organon works, creating circular blades that cut through everything on the area that surrounds him.
- Magic Staff: His Trigger might count, though it actually hides a sword. Can create energy blades everywhere around him.
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain: Lying to Yuuma was his greatest mistake.Yuuma: You know.... You make up some stupid lies.
- 40 YearsSelf-Defense LeaderVoiced by: ???
- Ambiguously Brown: The people of his country have a rather dark skin compared to other humans and even Neighbors in the series.
- 17 YearsRaymond's DaughterVoiced by: ???
- Ambiguously Brown: Has dark skin like her father and little brother.
- Raymond's Son11 YearsVoiced by: ???
- Ambiguously Brown: Has dark skin like his father and older sister.
- TeacherVoiced by: Yasuhiko Tokuyama
- Department of Redundancy Department: Both Kanji for his name (森 [mori] and 林 [hayashi]) mean "forest".
- TeacherVoiced by: Umeka Shouji
- Department of Redundancy Department: Her name literally translates to "water swamp".
- Hot Teacher: Not exactly "hot", but rather attractive nevertheless.
- Student15 YearsVoiced by: Eri Nakao
- Girlish Pigtails: On the back of her head.
- Student15 YearsVoiced by: Yurie Kobori
- Student15 YearsVoiced by: Yuusuke Handa
- Fan Boy: Of Border. He also wants to join border.
- Student15 YearsVoiced by: Ryouhei Arai
- StudentVoiced by: Hiromi Konno
- StudentVoiced by: Hisayoshi Suganuma
- Civilian39 YearsVoiced by: ???
- Absurdly Youthful Mother: Is often mistaken for being Osamu's sister because she looks rather young.
- Dissonant Serenity: Always with the same expression, even when confronting her son or when declaring all reporters should be beaten with a stick.
- Generation Xerox: Looks very similar to her son.
- I Want Grandkids: Not explicitly stated (yet), but she seems to be strongly in favor of setting Osamu up with Chika.
- CivilianVoiced by: ???
- Big Brother Instinct: Wanted to protect Chika by himself, and that instinct extends to Osamu as well.
- Never Found the Body/Chekhov M.I.A.: Went missing after he stole a Trigger and snuck in to explore Neighbor territory.
- The Promise: Made Osamu promise to protect Chika himself for him.
- Voiced by: ???