This page is for the characters that appear in 12 Beast
. It's under construction, so please pardon the mess.
Eita and Officers
An army is not without it's valiant leader and commanding officers. Though Eita and his lieutenants are a little different from what you'd expect, they still kick serious ass.
Human. High-school student, gamer, ninja. Eita would much rather be at home at Earth, playing videogames and trying to get out of any semblance of violence or danger, but he seems to attract all sorts of trouble like a magnet. Fortunately, his skills, gaming experience, and Chronic Hero Syndrome
lets him get out of scrapes, though not usually not in the manner you'd expect.
- Accidental Pervert: He tries his best not to grope, ogle, or offend the numerous women of Earth or Live-Earth. Not that it does him much good, as his entire body seems to have a magnetic attraction to all the wrong places.
- Aloof Big Brother: The "Little Brother" of the equation.
- Charles Atlas Superpower: No human could possible do the things he does.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: Eita outright states in Chapter 5 that he cannot stop helping people.
- Fish out of Water: His dealing with the bizarreness of the cultures of MANY different species is a frequent point of humour and some drama.
- Iron Butt Monkey: He cannot catch a break, but he does not necessarily need one.
- Mundane Made Awesome: Who knew war simulator games would be so effective in actual wars?
- Ninja: A reluctant one, yes, but still highly skilled and dangerous.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Eita knows far more about combat than he lets on. He doesn't show it, though, because he'd rather not be in combat in the first place.
- Power Fist: The Gigas Slayer is a magical gauntlet capable of destroying a Gigas, among other impressive feats. It also allows him to borrow his lieutenant's powers.
- Trapped in Another World: He's stuck in Live-Earth until he defeats the threat of the Gigas.
Harpy. Energetic, enthusiastic, and extremely short-sighted with a terrible memory to boot, Aero is Eita's assistant and guide to Live-Earth. She was the one who dragged him into Live-Earth in the first place, so she makes it her top priority to aid him every step of the way, from teaching him about life in their parallel world, transporting him, or helping and accidentally harming in equal proportion.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Has it worse than regular harpies, which is really saying something.
- Black Sheep: She took refuge with the harpy tribes just before the Gigas attacks started. Exacerbated by her black wings, she's seen as something of an ill-omen, though only War Leader Jawea cares to spotlight and lambast her for it.
- Detached Sleeves: Part of Aero's outfit, used to hide her talons if needed.
- Fangirl: Of ninjas. She has an entire room of ninja memorabilia.
- Foil: To War Leader Jawea. She's peppy, perky, and has full, unshakeable confidence in Eita, no matter what happens. Basically, she's his 24 hour cheerleader.
War Leader Jawea
Harpy. Stiff, proud, and hot-blooded, Jawea is the harpy tribe's strongest fighter, now serving under Eita after he saves their last remaining village from the Gigas. She often can't understand Eita's motivations or methods, but sticks with him as he proves himself a great warrior.
- Asskicking Equals Authority
- Battle Boomerang: Wields one as her her weapon-of-choice. As it was carved from Rockeater bones, it can slice through metal and rock alike.
- Boobs of Steel
- Foil: To Aero. She's much more serious and less tolerant of Eita's antics and laissez fair attitude to danger, but still believes in him. She's not without her constant questioning, though.
- Not so Above It All: While usually the most serious and humourless of the group, she will fawn and coo over the sight of treasure, especially ones made of precious metals that shine.
Eita's grandfather and master. He is an undeniable master of the art of Ninjitsu, though that is not immediately obvious as he is also an extremely active and enthusiastic pervert.
- Dirty Old Man
- Eccentric Mentor: You wouldn't know it from looking at him but this man is a master of deception and assassination, with shocking agility and razor-sharp wits.
- Mundane Utility: How does he use his mastery of Ninjitsu? Stop his grandson from taking back his PSP, of course! No one's going to keep him from achieving that harem ending.
Eita's brother, and the former saviour of the Autana. He sent Aero to fetch Eita, kicking off the plot.
- The Ace: Eita mentions that he was always one-upping him on everything.
- Aloof Big Brother: The "Big Brother" of the equation.
- But Now I Must Go: After defending the harpy refugees, he left them behind, causing a lot of grief with Jawea.
The Harpy Refugees
The last standing tribe of harpies, made up of locals and refugees. They are a cheerful, friendly bunch.
Minotaurus. A skilled blacksmith, a gigantic powerhouse, and about as docile and friendly as a domesticated cow.
- Gentle Giant: Despite the fact that she could easily crush Eita's head in her fist with a little pressure, and the sordid rumours floating around about her, she's actually quite nice.
- Justified in that the Minotaurs spread rumours about their unstoppable size and strength, which, while entirely true, they'd rather not act upon. They'd much rather just hang around and have fun relaxing.
- Drop the Hammer: Her weapon of choice, alongside being her most used tool.