Characters / 12 Beast
This page is for the characters that appear in 12 Beast
. It's under construction, so please pardon the mess.
Eita and Officers
An army is not without its valiant leader and commanding officers. Though Eita and his lieutenants are a little different from what you'd expect, they still kick serious ass.
Human. High-school student, gamer, ninja. Eita would much rather be at home at Earth, playing videogames and trying to get out of any semblance of violence or danger, but he seems to attract all sorts of trouble like a magnet. Fortunately, his skills, gaming experience, and Chronic Hero Syndrome
lets him get out of scrapes, though not usually not in the manner you'd expect.
- Accidental Pervert: He tries his best not to grope, ogle, or offend the numerous women of Earth or Live-Earth. Not that it does him much good, as his entire body seems to have a magnetic attraction to all the wrong places.
- Aloof Big Brother: The "Little Brother" of the equation.
- Always Second Best: Kouki's a little older and a little more awesome than Eita, and has made sure that Eita spends his whole life tortured in his shadow. Anytime Eita tries a sport, Kouki does it better and gets praised while Eita is just almost as good. Even in the new world of Re-Verse, everywhere he goes all the girls have known his awesomeness (maybe biblically).
- Big Damn Heroes: Comes back to save the Harpy tribe after initially leaving them, now with a flock of Rock-Eaters and a plan to boot.
- Charles Atlas Superpower: No human could possible do the things he does.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: Eita outright states in Chapter 5 that he cannot stop helping people.
- Equippable Ally: Whenever he merges with someone, the Gigas Slayer takes on a new form and powers to reflect who he's merged with.
- Fish out of Water: His dealing with the bizarreness of the cultures of MANY different species is a frequent point of humour and some drama.
- Fusion Dance: Power Booster type. By placing his Gigas Slayer hand on someone's heart, (which usually means groping someone's brest) Eita and that person will merge, turning the lieutenant into magic and binding them temporarily to Eita and the Gigas Slayer, granting him access to their thoughts and various powers depending on who he's merged with.
- Harem-Powered: Eita already has implausible ninja training, but gets superpowers when any of the girls he travels with fuses with his metal gauntlet (the harpy gives agility, the minotauress gives strength, etc.). Unfortunately, this involves him putting his hand on their breast.
- Headphones Equal Isolation: Played straight, but downplayed. While he constantly carries them around, they're almost always on his neck rather than on his ears — he is usually listening and caring, but would prefer otherwise (notably, he can still hear the Harpies are celebrating their bittersweet victory even with them on).
- Iron Butt Monkey: He cannot catch a break, but he does not necessarily need one.
- Memetic Badass: In-Universe and played for laughs at his expense and exasperation. He's advertised by Aero as killing his first Gigas single-handedly and as a famed Ninja warrior, which is only an exaggeration... However, immediately after killing the Gigas attacking the harpies, they cheerfully proclaim he defeated that one single-handedly as well, which is decidedly not true.
- Mundane Made Awesome: Who knew war simulator games would be so effective in actual wars?
- Ninja: A reluctant one, yes, but still highly skilled and dangerous.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Eita knows far more about combat than he lets on. He doesn't show it, though, because he'd rather not be in combat in the first place.
- Pile Bunker: When merged with Asterio, the Gigas Slayer becomes bulkier and has a piledriver built into it. By striking the "hammer" against metal, Eita can reshape it to whatever he wishes, reflecting Asterio's talent as a blacksmith.
- Power Fist:
- The Gigas Slayer is a magical gauntlet capable of destroying a Gigas, among other impressive feats. It also allows him to borrow his lieutenant's powers.
- Before obtaining the Gigas Slayer, he uses a seemingly common armguard that his grandfather tosses him to great effect, slaying his first Gigas with it and somehow redirecting a boomerang mid-flight in his duel against Jawea.
- Sacrificed Basic Skill for Awesome Training: His grandfather put him through rigorous and demanding ninja training when he was a child. He wasn't able to go to school until middle school, so he had no idea how to socially interact with others and was labeled an outsider and "lone wolf" by other kids. It wasn't until high school that he met other people like himself and learned to properly interact.
- Sibling Rivalry: Eita might not want to fight his brother, but anytime he tries to be awesome at something for himself, Kouki is sure to jump in and be even more awesome and steal his thunder, and anytime Eita develops any interest in a girl, Kouki makes sure to seduce her (and apparently brag about having sex with her, judging from the first flashback).
- Trapped in Another World: He's stuck in Live-Earth until he defeats the threat of the Gigas.
Harpy. Energetic, enthusiastic, and extremely short-sighted with a terrible memory to boot, Aero is Eita's assistant and guide to Live-Earth. She was the one who dragged him into Live-Earth in the first place, so she makes it her top priority to aid him every step of the way, from teaching him about life in their parallel world, transporting him, or helping and accidentally harming in equal proportion.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Has it worse than regular harpies, which is really saying something.
- Black Sheep: Downplayed example: War Leader Jawea refers to a legend of black-winged harpies bringing misfortune, and coincidentally Aero took refuge with the harpy tribes just before the Gigas attacks started. However, a couple of other harpies immediately decry Jawea's condemnation as superstitious and unscientific, so Aero's black wings don't raise too much alarm for the tribe as a whole.
- Fangirl: Of ninjas. She has an entire room of ninja memorabilia.
- Foil: To War Leader Jawea. She's peppy, perky, and has full, unshakeable confidence in Eita, no matter what happens. Basically, she's his 24 hour cheerleader.
- Religious and Mythological Theme Naming: Her name is derived from the harpy Aello of Greek mythology.
War Leader Jawea
Harpy. Stiff, proud, and hot-blooded, Jawea is the harpy tribe's strongest fighter, now serving under Eita after he saves their last remaining village from the Gigas. She often can't understand Eita's motivations or methods, but sticks with him as he proves himself a great warrior.
- An Arm and a Leg: She ends up losing her right wing to a Wave Motion Gun beam from the Fisher's Gygas in Chapter 16.
- Asskicking Equals Authority: In her tribe, one earns their rank through proving their strength as a warrior.
- Battle Boomerang: Wields one as her weapon-of-choice. As it was carved from Rockeater bones, it can slice through metal and rock alike.
- Boobs of Steel: The strongest harpy and certainly one of the bustier ones.
- Cry Cute: Juxtaposed before and after the duel with Eita where she is her usual serious and confident self, directly after losing the duel she's driven to tears by Eita.
- Foil: To Aero. She's much more serious and less tolerant of Eita's antics and laissez-faire attitude to danger but still believes in him. She's not without her constant questioning, though.
- Honor Before Reason:
- Frequently decried Eita's self-preservation tactics of running away all the time, even to the supposed detriment of the civilians (for the record, they did try to evacuate as many people as they could).
- Challenges Eita's plan against the Gigas attacking the harpy village solely because it utilized ambush tactics, which were contrary to her idea of honor. Formerly, she led the harpies into blind and straightforward combat against the Gigas.
- Not So Above It All: While usually the most serious and humorless of the group, she will fawn and coo over the sight of treasure, especially ones made of precious metals that shine.
Minotaurus. A skilled blacksmith, a gigantic powerhouse, and about as docile and friendly as a domesticated cow.
- Amazonian Beauty: Asterio is tall, strong, and has noticeable ab muscles.
- Boobs of Steel: She is VERY busty being a minotaurus.
- Chainmail Bikini: A variant. Asterio wears armor-plated greaves, gauntlets, and a helmet. As for her body, she's only clad in a cow-patterned thong bikini.
- Drop the Hammer: Her weapon of choice, alongside being her most used tool.
- Fastball Special: Eita has Asterio use her hammer to catapult him towards an out of reach kraken in the ocean to defeat it.
- Gag Boobs: Minotaurus females on average have breasts at least as big as their heads.
- Gainaxing: Asterio's massive breasts tend to bounce around a lot, be it while moving or smithing in her shop.
- Gentle Giant: Despite the fact that she could easily crush Eita's head in her fist with a little pressure, and the sordid rumors floating around about her, she's actually quite nice.
- Justified in that the Minotaurs spread rumours about their unstoppable size and strength, which, while entirely true, they'd rather not act upon. They'd much rather just hang around and have fun relaxing.
- Marshmallow Hell: Subjected Eita, Aero, and Jawea to this. Given her very impressive endowment, she at one point subjected all three at the same time.
- Religious and Mythological Theme Naming: Her name comes from Aesterion, a minotaur from Greek mythology
- Statuesque Stunner: Asterio is over eight feet tall and is quite the sexy beauty.
Steela is a Cecaelian Sea Witch, also called "The Witch of the Deep".
- You Are Number 6: Her full name is ϴ-0038, but all Eita and Aero can memorize is Theta.
Eita's grandfather and master. He is an undeniable master of the art of Ninjitsu, though that is not immediately obvious as he is also an extremely active and enthusiastic pervert.
- Dirty Old Man
- Eccentric Mentor: You wouldn't know it from looking at him but this man is a master of deception and assassination, with shocking agility and razor-sharp wits.
- Mundane Utility: How does he use his mastery of Ninjitsu? Stop his grandson from taking back his PSP, of course! No one's going to keep him from achieving that harem ending.
Eita's brother, and the former saviour of the Autana. He sent Aero to fetch Eita, kicking off the plot.
- The Ace: Eita mentions that he was always one-upping him on everything.
- Aloof Big Brother: The "Big Brother" of the equation.
- But Now I Must Go: After defending the harpy refugees, he left them behind, causing a lot of grief with Jawea.
The Harpy Refugees
The last standing tribe of harpies, made up of locals and refugees. They are a cheerful, friendly bunch.