open/close all folders
All the Teletubbies
- "Naughty Noo-Noo!"
- Cheerful Child: They all act like one
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: To be fair, they are meant to act like 1 or 2 year olds.
- Free-Range Children: They're supposed to be babies (just like the Target Audience), yet they live on their own with no parental care or supervision. May be justified, as they seem to be some kind of aliens; whatever species they are apparently has very precocious offspring (and a lot of help from technology), and therefore little to no need for parental involvement.
- Friend to All Living Things: They are friends with children, flowers, trees, rabbits, etc.
- The Hero: All have a shared role.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Tinky-Winky (Huge Guy) and Po (Tiny Girl)
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: Po and Tinky-Winky
- Parrot Exposition: They usually repeat what the Narrator says.
- Perpetual Smiler: Everyone and everything.
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: Dipsy and Laa-Laa
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: Tinky-Winky (Sensitive Guy) and Dipsy (Manly Man)
- Played by: Dave Thompson, Mark Heenehan, and Simon Shelton"Pinkle winkle, Tinky Winky, pinkle winkle, Tinky Winky!"
- Ambiguously Gay: He is mistaken to be gay due his fur being purple, his behavior, and him carrying around a red handbag.
- "Tinky Winky bag!"
- "Pinkle winkle, Tinky Winky, pinkle winkle, Tinky Winky!"
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: The Huge Guy to Po's Tiny Girl.
- Iconic Item: His red handbag.
- In Touch With His Feminine Side: He is very gentle, is purple, and doesn't mind wearing a skirt.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: The Feminine Boy to Po's Masculine Girl
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: The Sensitive Guy to Dipsy's Manly Man.
- Ship Tease: With Po.
- The Big Guy: Is the biggest and very gentle.
- Played by: John Simmit"Bup-a-tum, Bup-a-tum, Bup-a-tum!"
- Black Best Friend: To the others.
- "Dipsy hat!"
- "Bup-a-tum, Bup-a-tum, Bup-a-tum!"
- Comically Serious: The most serious one and losing his hat is Serious Business.
- Iconic Item: His cow-spotted hat.
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: The Savvy Guy to Laa-Laa's Energetic Girl
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: The Manly Man to Tinky Winky's Sensitive Guy
- Ship Tease: With Laa-Laa.
- The Lancer: To Tinky-Winky.
- Played by: Nikky Smedley"Laa-laa-li-laa-laa-li-laa-li-laa!"
- Aerith and Bob: Her name is patterned with Nala from The Lion King.
- "Laa-Laa ball!"
- "Bibberly cheese!"
- Drama Queen: She is very dramatic.
- Girly Girl: She is very girly, loves animals, and loves dancing in a skirt the most out of them all.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The Girly Girl to Po's Tomboy.
- Fur Of Gold Heart Of Gold: She has yellow fur and she's very kind to the others.
- Iconic Item: Her big orange ball.
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: The Energetic Girl to Dipsy's Savvy Guy.
- Ship Tease: With Dipsy.
- The Chick: She is very feminine and motherly to the others.
- Played by: Pui Fan Lee"Fi-dit, fi-dit, fi-dit, fi-dit!"
- Bilingual Bonus: Po is able to speak Cantonese.
- "Po cootah!"
- "Fi-dit, fi-dit, fi-dit, fi-dit!"
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: The Tiny Girl to Tinky-Winky's Huge Guy.
- Iconic Item: Her blue and pink scooter.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: The Masculine Girl to Tinky-Winky's Feminine Boy.
- Plucky Girl: She never gives up on doing something and usually is the one to solve a problem that seems tough.
- Ship Tease: With Tinky Winky.
- Tomboy: Po's favorite thing is to ride on her scooter instead of dancing like Laa-Laa. She also was able to scare off a spider once while the others ran away when it came.
- The Cutie: Many fans think she's very cute.
- The Smart Girl: She seems to be smarter than the other Teletubbies to an extent.
- Operated by: Mark Dean"Suck, slurp, suck, slurp!"
- "Suck, slurp, suck, slurp!"
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: At times, Noo-Noo will suck up the Teletubbies' favorite things and run away with them, but he always gives them back in the end.
- Robot Buddy: He lives with the Teletubbies.
- Robot Maid: He always cleans up a mess that the Teletubbies make.
- Team Pet: He could possibly be the pet for the Teletubbies.
- Played by Theresa Gallhager